[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play a RPG where you're an unimportant peasant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: descarga.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Would you play a RPG where you're an unimportant peasant?
>>
Isn't that what Harvest Moon is?
>>
Pretty sure that's exactly one of the Muramasa DLCs
>>
File: KSOntXS.jpg (165 KB, 778x658) Image search: [Google]
KSOntXS.jpg
165 KB, 778x658
>peasant
>unimportant

Lets see you grow some crops.
>>
>>331711003
No, in Harvest Moon you're an important peasant. Which is kind of an oxymoron but shit, when you can grow tomatoes in just 3 days you're pretty fuckin' important.
>>
It depends
You don't need a "you're the hero saving us from an ancient evil!" story but there should at least be something interesting going on in that farmer's life
>>331711003
>RPG
>>
>>331710865
pretty sure you start off as a peasant in dungeon siege.
>>
>>331711536
I haven't played DS1 in ages but I'm pretty sure in DS2 you were the only one who could stop the evil badguy
In fact, doesn't DS2 open with you finding an ancient sword filled with eyes for that bad guy?
>>
File: 1456858472046.jpg (155 KB, 928x1027) Image search: [Google]
1456858472046.jpg
155 KB, 928x1027
>Game starts you off as a weak, pathetic peasant
>Your raggy clothing is your starting armor
>Your starting weapon is a pitchfork or a simple knife
>Your accessory is a straw hat or something similar
>The starting monsters are extremely pathetic/weak looking, as to highlight just how weak YOU are as they pose a lethal threat to you
>Having to start the adventure like this and battle against weak woodland critters
>Working your way up from this
>>
>>331712139
>Donnel
>>
File: image.png (54 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.png
54 KB, 256x256
>>331710865
Only if it meant being Donnel, the rootin-est, tootin-est farm boy to fuck up every faceless freak this side of Regna Ferox, then yes
>>
this makes me want to do a farmhand playthrough in new vegas. wear nothing but the field hand outfit, only use the shovel and the 9mm pistol.
>>
>>331710865
Well there has to be some character growth. I wouldn't mind growing from unimportant peasant to hero.

If that's the sort of thing you had in mind then yes, absolutely. Too many games assume that your character has a fairly exhaustive knowledge of adventuring, having to learn that shit from scratch would be novel at least.
>>
Well I'm still living so I guess I'm playing one all the time.
>>
>>331712661
6-8 hours should be good
>>
>>331710865
You can actually sort of do that in Darklands, although it makes a hard game even harder if none of your party is actually literate/can into Alchemy.

Of course, you could justifiably have at least one rather faithful party member besides your meat and potatoes "burly Peasant/Day Laborer" types.

You can also potentially be pretty terrible in Mount and Blade, too.

Jagged Alliance 2, although modern, fully allows you to basically, have either your party leader, or everyone be rednecks, basically. You don't necessarily even have to have a great deal of skill with firearms, although it would be sort of stupid to have everyone be a mechanic (work on mah goddamn Truck! etc) Probably some mixture of stealth, and longarms stuff, etc.

You can also get a decent amount of "pure shit" mercs, both normal and "even shittier than the cheapest normal mercs".

But generally, the bad ones include some actual hicks, and/or gang bangers, losers, etc. (Although Blade I think? he's kinda low rent, but actually sort of useful because his stealth skills developed slitting the throats of other gangbangers inna ghetto are actually really useful for commando stuff and sentry removal.)
>>
>>331711456
>RPG
Rune Factory?
>>
>>331710865

You know that calm introductory period in many RPGs where you're living a simple life and doing simple quests, chores, and tasks? I just want that, prolonged basically forever. If things like Stardew didn't have ridiculous timers and fatigue meters that'd be closer to what I want.
>>
>>331711413
>when you can grow tomatoes in just 3 days you're pretty fuckin' important.
Tomato takes 9 fucking days to grow to maturity before you can start harvesting them, and that's 9 days in a 30 day spring, so it's more like 27 days.
>>
>>331713606
Is there a mountain blade mod that makes the game high fantasy with monsters, magic and stuff?
>>
>>331713970
Yeah, but once the plant itself is full-grown, you can harvest it again in 3 days. How long does it take YOUR tomatoes to grow?
>>
>>331714083
Im pretty sure there is. I remember I had one that let you be a necromancer and you could have armies of 500+ skeletons. It was pretty spofunoky
>>
>>331710865
I'm living in one right now.
>>
>Try to roleplay in skyrim
>got the alternate start mod and just play as a hunter or a fisherman
>the game is so barebones outside of the main quests that you basically have nothing to do
>the base game doesn't even let you fish(you have to dive in and grab them)
>NPCs never have anything to say
>Companions are completely one dimensional
>nothing ever happens, even simple things
>all radiant quests are basically kill quests or send you halfway around the world
I just want to live a fantasy life
>>
>>331714564
Why did the spoiler system change, now I look like even more of an idiot than usual
>>
>>331714646
>I want to play something the game was obviously never meant to accommodate
>this is the game's fault

And I can't just go to work and live a life in the day of Gordon Freeman in Half Life, the shitty thing keeps forcing me to do this kill the aliens bullshit
>>
>>331714897
But you can do that in Gary's Mod
>>
>>331710865
Mount and Blade if you pick all the shitty start options

In a lot of mods you can even just work on a farm in a village and accomplish nothing
>>
File: 1368240661733.gif (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1368240661733.gif
2 MB, 1280x720
>>331712139
That's basically Mount & Blade, but instead of monsters you have to beat on looters.
>>
Dammit I want to play a game like this.

The Guild series is sort of like this but a buggy mess and more focused on business and your dynasty.
>>
>>331710865
I always wanted a game like that. Like a realistic medieval Harvest Moon where you also had the option to journey around in the off-season or live solely as a vagrant. Any "quests" would be simple, low-level things, like village feuds/mischief and subtle supernatural secrets hidden in the woods, not high political drama.
>>
>>331711413
Harvest Moon (and Stardew Valley) farming is a lot different from peasant farming, since it's focused on constantly expanding and trying to make money, rather than mostly growing food for subsistence.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.