[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who got this today? I know some of you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Trackmania.jpg (382 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Trackmania.jpg
382 KB, 1500x1500
Am I the only one who got this today?

I know some of you think it isn't out till Thursday, but I pre-ordered it from gamestop and got my physical copy after work today. My copy was the only one they got it too.
>>
>>331687417
**they got in
>>
Come on, some of you must've bought it today. There's also a beta or demo up if anyone wanted to try it.
>>
Why don't you tell us about it bro? I'm still waiting for it to come out on Steam.
>>
>>331687417
I downloaded the beta but after starting the game up it wanted me to create a uplay account and fuck that shit.
>>
>>331688667
It's fun, simple, racing so far. I'm doing single player right now till my buddy gets off and comes over. I really suck at this game but the few tracks I've played that have loops and stuff are a lot of fun. I just wish the music wouldn't be linked to the accel/speed of your car. I crash too often and the music just stops.
>>
>>331689289

How is the single player? I've been watching this video and a few other ones on youtube and I really like what they did with the art direction and stages shown. Has a really nice neon 80s/90s vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfZSDKa_67g
>>
>>331690008
Not bad, very few maps so far that feature loops and other cool stuff. Some of the tracks are tricky the first time around because the road you're on just stops and you have to drive on the beach or somewhere else. The controls felt clunky or stiff at first. I'm starting to get use to it though. The circle button allows you to restart tracks if you fuck up and want a better time and the triangle button takes you a few feet back to some checkpoint if you still want to continue the track after you fuck up.
>>
Are these games even popular? I was thinking of buying this on Steam but I don't want the multiplayer to die out in a week.
>>
>>331690886
No idea, but I like games where I can create stuff. As for the multiplayer, I haven't tried anything else other than what I played on the beta. In the beta, I wasn't physically racing with people, I was racing 99 other people's ghosts. It was weird, but I'm going to see if there's any other modes later.
>>
>>331690008
>dark souls of car games

Really?
>>
>>331691312

Yeah that was stupid, his video was the first I could find that showed a decent amount of tracks and environments.
>>
>>331690886

The classic games still have a decent amount of players. The servers can hold 100s of players at once, which helps make the game feel more lively.
>>
>>331687417
>tfw not out on PC til Thursday
already pre-ordered, tfw no preload
>>
oh shit it's out now? it any good like even if it was worth $60 it'd still be a good buy?
>>
>>331692602

Apparently it has a decent amount of single player (including unlockables for once) and the in game servers can hosts over a hundred players at once.

It's basically what you'd get if Trials and Hot Wheels Stunttrack Driver had a baby.
>>
>>331692781
how's the couch play?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.