[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>moral choices are the most rewarding choices >immoral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1454447542336.jpg (26 KB, 643x558) Image search: [Google]
1454447542336.jpg
26 KB, 643x558
>moral choices are the most rewarding choices
>immoral choices are the least rewarding choices
Any games where I can be edgy without getting punished for it?
>>
>Game sometimes rewards you better for being moral, sometimes rewards you better for being edgy

Pillars of Eternity was cool with this. Being evil gave you some cool secret rewards sometimes. But the opposite was true as well.
>>
Why do people like being evil and edgy in games

I pretty much choose to be a good guy in every game
>>
>>331678258
You sound about as fun as a carton of spoiled milk on a sunday xD
>>
>>331677958
Alpha Protocol.
>>
>>331677958
infamous
hell, the evil choices are literally the title of the game
>>
>>331677958
Real life.
>>
Fable?
>>
File: Rando and Buddy.png (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Rando and Buddy.png
133 KB, 500x500
LISA
It is literally talking more beneficial.
>>
>>331677958
>moral choices are the most rewarding choices
>immoral choices are the least rewarding choices
Really?
I tend to find it the other way around, where moral choices are the ones you're supposed to make but immoral choices suck you in with kick ass rewards.
>>
>>331679164
this used to be true, but le SJWs have invaded muh indy games and punish me for choosing a white male character
>>
>>331679164
Because it's usually either be a normal person, or be sunday morning cartoon levels of cartoonish evil, for no other reason than a bit more cash. And 9 times out of 10 there's an equivalent reward for either options in most quests.
>>
>>331679164
Not since bioshock and fallout
>>
>>331678951
You have to go out of your way to be evil in Fable 1. Doing things normally will make you 100% good, unless you take the nonsensical evil "choices" for the final two decisions.
>>
>>331677958
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising.

Pure corruption route is easy as fuck, pure pure route is actually a bit challenging.
>>
>>331677958
FTL:Faster Than Light rewards you for being evil.
>>
>>331677958

Mass Effect never really punished you for being full edge OR hopefully idealistic. I don't think the game mechanics or rewards changed at all, just your appearance and future conversational options.

It was mostly a matter of how you felt about how things resolved. There were times where the renegade options were straight up better, at least how I saw it, and others were you were getting a mixed bag. Like the whole genophage story was super dangerous if you played it the paragon way. You were relying on a lot of pieces falling perfectly into place in the future for that to work out to anyone's benefit. The more likely outcome was horrible war and wholesale slaughter, just for sake of Shepard's ideals. The renegade route was so much safer.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>331677958

Pic related
>>
>>331677958
dawn of war chaos rising gave you amazing weaponry in exchange for corruption.
>>
>>331677958
Like >>331678848 said

If you're evil you get rewarded with deadly strong powers, and being good can hurt you at times but gives you powers that inhibit/capture instead
>>
>>331679724
>killing someone you haven't seen since you were a small child in exchange for a sword that grants you limitless power
>nonsensical
>>
>>331678258
You wouldn't if there were games out there that were actually good at this.

OP has a point. Personal profit is literally the only fucking reason to go against self-fellating conformity and become immoral and no game has ever done it right.

Majority of games straight out penalize you for doing bad things. Those that don't either don't reward you for being evil well enough or ruin the evil run by turning it into an easy mode.

Bethesda games are the worst. You can rob the shit out of everyone and still feel like a good guy and get good guy ending for choosing moralfag dialogue replies. And the game won't even bother to call you a hypocrite.
>>
>>331683049
You can get a good sword that does exactly the same. Besides, evil all-powerful swords aren't all sunshine and rainbows - ask Elric if you don't believe me.
>>
>>331677958
Battle Network 4 actually did this correctly in a way as bad as that game was.
Anyways, the way it should work is that good or evil shouldn't affect the rewards of choices, they should just give what you expect them to give but if you are continually sacrificial in your choices a secret new game plus option opens up to you.
>>
Army of Two: The 40th day. Most choices had no bearing on the gameplay, but the ones that did always rewarded you for being evil, while doing nothing if you were good.
>>
>>331683049
You literally just killed the guy with the "all-powerful" sword.

How powerful can it be ?
>>
>>331683067
games in general are kinda toothless since they don't want to risk offending people. most recent example i played was Shadowrun Dragonfall. there was this mission where i had to go into a building filled with well-trained guards, so the game was encouraging me to find ways to hinder them beforehand. there's a little section of sewer where some people are hanging out, and next to them is a panel you can sabotage, but if you do that then the innocent people sitting around are going to be attacked by the same guards.

sounds kind of interesting, right? you have to choose whether to help yourself at the expense of innocent people, or reduce your advantages by doing the right thing.

except, lo and behold, they give you an extra option AFTER you choose the "evil" option to spare these innocent people despite previously screwing them over. it was a really cool moment turned really, really lame
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.