[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Sony create one more smaller size for its PS3? I love my tiny PS2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: PS3-Super-Slim.jpg (59 KB, 562x374) Image search: [Google]
PS3-Super-Slim.jpg
59 KB, 562x374
Will Sony create one more smaller size for its PS3? I love my tiny PS2
>>
>>331676510
why would they dude we've moved on from that gen

i expect a slim ps4 tho
>>
they can make a version without a disc drive that you can only get digital games on.
that can shrink the device significantly
>>
>>331677137
hey remember the PSP Go, that was totally not a flop
>>
>>331677349
handhelds are always shit
>>
>>331677349
>>331677468
Handhelds are flopping because smartphones exist
>>
>>331676603
Smaller components and less materials = lower cost. It's convenient for us to have a smaller system but it's even more convenient for Sony.
>>
>>331676510
I'm considering buying a PS3 to replace my slim. It's about to die.

I really hate the idea of buying a super slim because of the shitty look and disc reader, but it's the only product in stock that's new.

Fuck.
Help /v/, wat do?
>>
yes
it's called PSTV and Playstation Now
>>
>>331677762
But you know what's even cheaper? Not producing PS3s at all
>>
>>331677881
The regular slim is the best version. Don't swap it for the "im poor" edition of the PS3.

In what regard is it dying? Does it turn itself off and beep after turning it on? That's a heat/dust issue.
>>
>>331678223
>Does it turn itself off and beep after turning it on? That's a heat/dust issue.
Yes it does. Also, it's a 120 GB and it's nearly full. This causes it to run like shit.

I'm not retarded either, I can take it apart to clean dust out, but I'm honestly considering just transferring my data to a new one and then selling my old one or giving it to a friend.
>>
>>331678508
>buying shit for no reason
Dude, there is no reason to trade out your PS3 for a lower quality one (Which has a higher failure rate).

Just upgrade the hard drive. It takes standard 2.5inch laptop drives just as the PS4 does. If you have a PS4 you could upgrade the hard drive in that and swap out the 500GB for your PS3. That's what I did, and now I've got a 2tb PS4 and a 500GB quality PS3.
>>
>>331679410
Sounds simple enough. What model Hard drive did you use? If you could throw me a link, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>331678005

The PSTV is so fucking tiny
>>
File: sega-genesis3.jpg (90 KB, 700x570) Image search: [Google]
sega-genesis3.jpg
90 KB, 700x570
After they stopped making games, they made this sexy son of a bitch. I miss mine.
>>
>>331678508
This is basically the drive that everyone is putting in their PS4. In fact, it's currently the only 2tb drive that fits in the PS4 anyhow.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SATA-Compatible-Internal-Drive/dp/B00I8O6OQ4

Also in regards to your PS3 running like shit, it sounds like you might want to do that Safe mode "Rebuild database" and "Restore file system". They both take about 20 mins and remove corrupted data and shit. They won't delete anything, except your messages, and playlists (Though not the content within the playlists). There's an official video on youtube by Playstation on how to use it.
>>
>>331677881
I was in the same boat but the build quality on the super slim is surprisingly good. I'm assuming it was a problem with the first batch or something cause it feels really solid, I even have a regular slim right next to it and I prefer the super slim. The top loading disc drive is way better than the bullshit the regular and slim had.
>>
>>331680436
Meant for >>331679925
>>
>>331680136
my brother gave our megadrive to his friend and i don't have a computer capable of emulating it

pity i'll never play sonic 2 or golden axe ever again i guess
>>
File: real.jpg (113 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
real.jpg
113 KB, 800x566
>>331680507
Slim is sexier. Curves.
>>
>>331680673
Nah the super slim looks like original ps3 but scaled down. I don't even know how I ended up with both.
>>
>>331680436
Thanks anon, I appreciate the info. I'll end up cleaning/upgrading mine, the hardware looks excellent, it's just a matter of formatting/prepping the new hard drive.
Let's hope I don't fuck up lol
>>
>>331676510
Nope, they want you to subscribe to PSNow in order to continue playing PSTriple games. Same reason we won't get backwards compatibility either.
>>
>>331680576
I'm pretty sure you can do full-speed Megadrive emulation on an original Pentium, what the actual fuck are you using?
>>
>>331677608
I'm pretty sure 3DS is selling like hot pancakes.
>>
>>331680576
Both of them are on steam.
>>
>>331680576
>i don't have a computer capable of emulating it

Are you literally using a toaster or what? Even a PC from the 90s could run that shit.
>>
>>331680576
How do you not have a computer that can emulate a 4th gen console?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I bought this PS3 on eBay in 2009 but I've never seen another original model 60gb PS3 that doesn't have the text on the shell. Anyone know why mine doesn't? I've always been curious about it.
>>
>>331677881
Super slim. IDK why people don't like the disc drive, there's no fucking "drive" to break, it's fantastic. The sliding door is something I had hoped Sony would put on the PS4. There's no goddamned reason for gay little sliding trays or fancy disc-suckers. Just give me a manual door.

You might be able to pick up a regular slim a good deal cheaper from your local gaymes place though. I'd just get a regular slim if the price difference is big enough, it's not a big deal. Regular slim also looks nicer IMO.

If they do a slim PS4 they'd better give me a fucking manual drive door. I hate disc drives, they're just fucking time bombs in my eyes. All my old consoles have had issues with the drive first before any fucking thing, not counting my RROD'd white 360. I lived in a very dusty house and I just don't trust those fucking things.
>>
>>331689045
could be repaired/rare
have you considered calling customer service about this?

how much did you pay for it?
>>
>>331689045
text is just painted on, could have been taken off while cleaning
>>
>>331690197
I took apart my old 60gb ps3 loads of times and I'm pretty sure the letters weren't just paint. They were sort of thick embossed stickers slightly sunk into the plastic
>>
>>331689045
if you're a retard its fairly easy to break the plastic latch that holds on the top panel of the ps3, so I'm guessing its a de-branded top some repair shop put on there. On normal units the letters are sunk in so you could tell if they were just peeled off
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>331689841
It's been a long time but I think I paid around $250 for it and some games. I've asked on some forums and nobody seems to have a clue.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.