[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: smnc.jpg (83 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
smnc.jpg
83 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?
>>
>>331667171
TF2 exists and is free.
>>
We want the MOBA audience
>>
>>331667171
I played this for a while, was fun, just never dragged me in.
if speed and deadly accuracy had children I would be their favorite!
>>
>>331667171

Shit devs who instead of fixing the problems with the game, just wanted to churn out cosmetics.

Not expanding on the first game, which was a high octane, high risk shooter where everyone was so broken it actually ended up balanced (except for sniper's freeze traps, which were fixed in the PC version) and turned it into a half-assed MOBA where risk was very low and turned the game into a grapple fest.
>>
Gunslinger was the best character in the game after Cheston got super-nerfed and they refused to nerf her.
>>
Far too much of a moba influence not enough individual actual skill mattering.

Complete fucking failure to explain the moba meta creep bollocks, it just straight out went heres this dude he has a gun shoot people its good.

You try that in your first game and die horribly because the game never just went, actually we are a moba you should just be hanging about doing as little as possible in your lane you faggot.
>>
>>331668181

also the fact that a handful of characters could easily cheese objectives/towers/moneyball while being in no danger at all. All other MOBA's and even shooters, required you to be in danger,to clear objectives, not sit on the other side of the map with no way for enemies to hit you. This was a blatant problem that many people on the forms complained about and the devs also refused to balance.
>>
>>331667171
SMNC was garbage.

MNC was amazing.
>>
>>331668667
>TFW always played aggressive Pitgirl/Support/Leo and actually harassed camping retards
And then their Chester popped by and turned me into mince pie.
I don't miss it that much anymore.
>>
>>331667650
>>331668761

These guys know their shit.
>>
>>331667650
>>331668761
Fucking this.
>>
>>331667171

Devs puledl a Hi-Rez and skipped on the game and kickstarted their next game while abandoning this one.

Planetary Annihalation also was shit, so they tried ANOTHER kickstarer, that one failed, they had to come back tot heir RTs, released a new expensive "expansion" and didn't bother updating it since october on steam.
>>
>>331668761
this right here

Why the fuck did MNC die? It was literally perfect, goddamnit
>>
>>331669061
>Leo
Despite how bad SMNC was, this guy was my favorite character in it. Pretty fucking amusing to crossbow people, and a full global heal was satisfying when pulled off at a good moment.
>>
>>331669739
>let your turret farm one lane if it's the Jungle map
>You farm the other and just keep harassing both lanes while your team just keeps playing death from above ninja and stealing your kills while you rack up the big bucks and not give 2 fucks
>Get first Jackbot as much as 10 minutes ahead of the enemy
It was enjoyable, to say the least.
I wonder if the forums still have their annual summer tournament.
>>
They fucked up and treated the community like garbage.

MNC had a nice balance because everyone was OP. SMNC certain characters/team builds almost guaranteed wins and was not balanced.

Also matchmaking was shit, I remember getting trounced by stacked teams or teams with those characters I mentioned.

They aimed high with SMNC, but utterly failed. I fucking hate that I still have beta invites in my steam inventory reminding me of this shit.
>>
>>331667171
it was garbage and pretty solidly underlines exactly why mobas are too
>>
>release beta
>makes you buy characters and skins
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.