[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is your daily reminder that Pillars of Eternity is a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
This is your daily reminder that Pillars of Eternity is a great game and only a vocal minority of autismos here dislike it.
>>
>>331654485

Well judging by the sales the critic and user scores, it was a good game

Only sonycucks say otherwise

Except these cucks to try to downplay tyranny next
>>
Guess I'm an autismo then.
>>
I tried it but I didn´t like it all that much.

>>331654703
this
>>
File: classic joshplainin.jpg (40 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
classic joshplainin.jpg
40 KB, 600x405
It is a great game but it's still held back by having to pander to the grognards due its kickstarter origin. Hopefully PoE2 can realize its true potential.
>>
I put 184 hours into it so I'd say I got my money's worth. A lot of that is due to the fucking insane ammount of text in conversations though and my particular autismo compels me to read all of it. Could have used a little less of that.
>>
File: image.png (104 KB, 236x207) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104 KB, 236x207
It's a really mediocre game that can be fun but not much else.

I liked Acts 1 and 2, but Act 3 almost put me to sleep, and I personally thought the ending was shit.
>>
It was still forgettable. Like NWN2. The game's main story is just not that interesting.
>>
File: 38-lpmotb_ch041_034.jpg (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
38-lpmotb_ch041_034.jpg
52 KB, 800x600
>>331654485

It's not bad but for a lot of people it was a letdown.

Obsidian has built their reputation on the strength of their writing. Most of their games have great dialogue, characterization and plotlines, and people expected them to continue that trend with PoE, except in a world completely of their own making.

But what we got instead was something completely safe. It wasn't bad by any means, just average in pretty much any way that counts. And coming from the same studio that gave us Mask of the Betrayer, it's quite understandable that many people saw Pillars as a disappointment.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml3EdUJJOPw
>>
>>331654485
I liked it. A lot actually, my only problem was that there was too much combat.
>>331655670
Have you played WM part 2? Some really good writing there imo.
>>
>bland writing
>bland combat
>bland setting

It has a good idea and druid is fun as fuck, but don't pretend it is a good game. It is average as fuck.
>>
>>331655670
They literally went with their first draft for the story.
>>
File: 1434406774352.jpg (17 KB, 480x399) Image search: [Google]
1434406774352.jpg
17 KB, 480x399
>>331654485
How do I make a Monk that doesn't suck complete dick at fighting?

I just wanna punch shit with my flame fists, man.
>>
>it's my first cRPG ever
>I'm at Od NUa level 3
>5 ogres come running at me
>I'm at Od NUa level 2
>two rooms full of xaurips and xaurip high priests
>raedric raping me
>hard difficult upped from normal because normal was boring
>can't strategise for shit, am too dumb for that
>people call the game shit
>mfw I'm enjoying the ever living shit out of it
I've been playing for less than 10 hours so far i'd say, am level 5 with my characters, still got only 5, need to find someone to fill the last slot so that I have higher chance in combat.
Melee would be nice, someone who can tank, are there any chars like that apart from Edér? BEcause he himself can't keep aggro when my rogue PC starts killing everything around.
>>
File: WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE.webm (618 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE.webm
618 KB, 1280x720
>>331656479
forgot face
can't find any proper
have a cute jap
>>
>>331656479
You can get Pallegina I guess. She's in Ondra's Gift.
>>331656297
So what? It's actually pretty good.
>>
>>331654485
I just really hate the real time CRPG combat in general. I would much rather play a CRPG with turn based game play.
>>
>>331656619
What's her class? Druid?
I remember translating her and she had this weird picture, like a bird person or whatnot.
>>
>>331654485
Or how about we didn't try to determine a consensus and just let people speak for themselves, hmm?
>>
>>331657175
Paladin. Yeah, that's her.
>>
just remember to fuck rpg codex and move on
>>
>>331657652
>fuck rpg codex

You have really low standards, anon. I'd rather not.
>>
>>331657652
what is this meme I've never got it
>>
>>331658010
Obsidian fanboy butthurt people there shittalk his favorite developer
>>
I really like it but then I'm a /tg/ shitposter and love fantasy rpg no matter what the coat of paint. Anyone tried that russian rpg set in medieval times except there are aliens involved? I keep forgetting the damn name.
>>
Affirmative
>>
>>331658078
but who cares about rpg codex
I never even heard about it before memes here
>>
>>331654941

Their new game Tyranny seems to be using the same engine, but seemingly a different setting.

Playing in a world where evil has already won sounds neat.

Might be interesting, if characters expect you to be a douchebag by default and react shocked, if you go goody two-shoes on them.
>>
It's bland and mediocre. Couldn't get into it.
>>
File: portrait_zahua_lg.png (117 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
portrait_zahua_lg.png
117 KB, 210x330
It's an excellent game with an excellent expansion and easily the best new CRPG since Mask of the Betrayer (with Underrail and Shadowrun: Dragonfall close behind it)

I was a little bit afraid we wouldn't have a sequel when I heard about this new Tyranny game, but turns out it's being made by a completely different team. I bet they're working on Pillars of Eternity 2 right now.

And Tyranny sounds pretty cool, too. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>331654485

I agree. Sonyggers are the only salty ones.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.