[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play metal gear solid 3 and 4 before I play number 5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 512x288
Should I play metal gear solid 3 and 4 before I play number 5? I'll watch a let's play if it's important for the story. Otherwise, I'll probably play them after.
>>
Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes are more important.
>>
>>331653595
Play it, then play the rest later, or just watch a YouTube movie of it
>>
>>331653595
Play them, because they're better than five.
>>
File: Order to play MGS games.jpg (2 MB, 2664x3824) Image search: [Google]
Order to play MGS games.jpg
2 MB, 2664x3824
>>331653595
you should play the ENTIRE SERIES in the release order, or not at all. For 5, playing 3, PW and GZ are OBLIGATORY.

>watching Lets Plays
fucking disgusting as hell.
>>
>>331653595
just about all MGS games before V are way better, and you won't know what the fucks going on if you skip 3 and PW, not to mention Ground Zeroes which is literally the "chapter 1" of MGS5 experience.
>>
>>331653595
At least play 3 first. The rest of the series became irrelevant after three anyways.
>>
>>331653595
Fucking play MGS 1, 2, 3, 4, and PW.
Dont fucking watch Let's Plays you moron.
Play them yourself.
>>
>>331654107
>PW
>irrelevant
pick one.
One of the most FUN games in the series, and 5 is literally a direct sequel to it.
>>
>>331653947
>Is this even a Metal Gear game?
>what the hell is going on?
Did Reddit make this, or do people just listen to e-celebs too much. Snake's Revenge was a step up from MG1 at the time, although not as good as MG2. It's like the Internet's been conditioned to hate it.
>>
>>331654214
>Play MGS4

Even though MGS4 had the best gameplay out of the original four, you only get to experience it five minutes at a time every three or four hours.

MGS4 a gamer better just watched without commentary on Youtube. Everything else is worth a play.

That said, in preparation for The Phantom Pain, the only games people need to play are Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. You don't need to play anything else to get anything due to how they recap events from MGS3.

But people should play MGS3 anyway because it's good. It's just not required for MGSV.
>>
>>331653595
You shouldn't play V
>>
>>331654373
>make sequel to most fun game in the series
>it's the most boring entry in entire 28 years saga
I just can't deal with it.
>>
>>331654373
>fun

You know it's a shitty game when you can't describe it without using buzzwords.
>>
>>331654418
>the Snake's Revenge has some pretty great tracks in its soundtrack
>even Kojima cuts the game some slack because the team that was forced to make it had no time and no clue what to do with it
>>
File: pw miller guitar.gif (1023 KB, 235x368) Image search: [Google]
pw miller guitar.gif
1023 KB, 235x368
>>331654593
>adjective describing the overall enjoyment experienced from the game is a buzzword
buzzword itself is now just a buzzword.

If ya want more descriptions, the game has great OST, neat low-poly visuals, smooth controls and FPS (on PS3), the MP modes are pure blast, and it's just exhilarating to watch your very own little Outer Heaven grow and become the seed of that balance-fucking super power it is described to be in earlier games.
>>
>>331654373
>>331654593
>uses FUN ironically
>calls ironic usage buzzword

Why do I even come here anymore? It's been 8 years. You guys don't even like vidya anymore, if I'm working under the assumption that you play at all

TPP was actually fun in the parts that were finished. The unfinished parts were horsedick.
The story was retarded. But only maybe 5% more retarded than any other MGS.
The gameplay is less challenging and the map/missions are shit, but the base structure is fantastic and the variety of approaches is very wide if you care enough to explore it.
The characters are shit, but the general aesthetic in design and soundtrack is fantastic.

Every day this happens. Every day it hits the same "buzzwords." What happened to just shitting on EA and talking about what we're listening to as we play vidya.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my PLAYAN... and my tier threads... and even my console war threads... The /v/ I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you?
>>
>>331653595
Play the games in order of release, you'll better appreciate the gameplay in V that way. The only exception is 4 because it's mainly cutscenes, you can get away with watching it on YouTube without commentary.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.