[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (495 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
image.png
495 KB, 600x497
Two weeks or so since launch and this game has made 600M already. This game isn't even fun; how can it be so popular /v/?
>>
>>331647206
idiots watching TV, seeing the Dreamworks tier animation, being good goys and finding an easy download on their convoluted and crowded shop apps.

ya know, typical mass market business strategy.
>>
File: Arin Hanson.png (78 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
Arin Hanson.png
78 KB, 250x252
The wind...it is in pain.
>>
>>331647206

I gave it 20$
>>
>>331647369
Fuck you
>>
>>331647484
DONTE THE DEMUN SLAYA
>>
>>331647206
Just spent $100 last night on chests.
>>
i spent $5 on it, it's addictive
>>
>>331647206
It's well-designed and well-crafted for a mobile game.
>>
Haven't spent anything yet but I find it super fun, reminds me so much of the W3 Custom Games.

Currently Level 4, hovering around 900 - 1000 trophies, a bit overachieving since I consistently get Level 5/6 opponents.
>>
I'd rather play Fantasy War Tactics
>>
so the deal is that people are more likely to spend money to get an advantage when other people are involved.

i.e. - retard plays game for a bit without paying, wins rounds against other retards (non paying) - gets endorphins and dopamine and good feel

then when he gets to the paywall, and people who payed start stomping him, the embarrassment of getting ravaged forces him to buy shit to win and get good feel and get revenge

the clash of clan peeps basically realized that the pve part of their shitty game was making way less dosh then the clan "raids" so they made a game all about it

this entire game is a disgusting money hole
>>
File: flappy-clones.png (199 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
flappy-clones.png
199 KB, 650x433
>>331647206
>Make a game
>by chance it becomes incredibly popular
>everyone makes their own version of that shit with similar sounding names

Also Clash Royale is made by the same people who made Clash of Clans which was also successful so there's that
>>
>>331647307
theres a lot of money to be made off "gamers"
>>
>>331647206
>isn't even fun
It's hearthstone but with fair card gathering. 99% of the time you're facing people with similar level cards and it has a fair bit of skill involved in the gameplay. I haven't spent any money yet and I'm having a blast playing few matches every day.
>>
>>331649143
Exploiting the sunk cost effect is what all businesses do. For example: people buy 500 games on Steam and then Steam updates its policy to be more bullshit and if you don't renew the agreement you're locked out of your Steam garbage purchased with real money.
>>
>>331647206
But it's fun, anon. Haven't spent a dime on it, and I'm having a blast trying to craft and play a zerging deck.
>>
Is this sequel to Clash of clan or what?
>>
>>331647206
>hurr mobilshit
>hrrr p2w
>hrrr not "real" gaem

>600m

And that's why mobile is the future and none of you shits fucking matter.

It's just a more accessible hearthstone. Pay2win as fuck.
>>
>>331651171
Have fun getting stomped by poverty tier payers in Arena 6, knowing you can't do shit with your "smart tactics" against lvl 8+ cards.
>>
QUESTIONS:
- can I grind everything here?
OR
- do I have to pay for something, that I cannot obtain with normal means?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.