[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need advice fam- love Witcher 3 (PS)- worth getting 2 for xbox one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
OK, Witcher 3 is first video game I've ever gotten into for over 10 years. Loved it, obsessively. Just found it I could have downloaded Witcher 2 for free on xbox one a few weeks ago, missed it.
Now can DL it for $30. IS it worth it? Also, can anyone recommend any games that are similar to Witcher 3? I am retarded when it comes to video games, I apologize. Last fav games were on n-64. Got a bunch of x-box games, but never got into any like this one.
Any ideas?
>>
Should have played them in order of release you underage cancer of gaming.
>>
>>331639725
I'm 26 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch. Lol, "underage cancer of gaming?" How in the fuck am I a "cancer" to you or anyone else?
I don't play on the net, I mind my own fucking business. Go dig your mother up and fuck her edge lord.
Any normal person have actual advice?
>>
>>331639960
Nevermind him, hes upset mommy eidnt cash in his GBP for a blowiejowie.

Witcher 2 is good, combat is similar to W3 and its not that old so graphics is good. Story wont really do much for you if you finished W3 but still a good title.

30$ is too much for it imo though.
>>
>>331639725
>Should have played them in order of release you underage cancer of gaming.
Sorry fuckhead, I was too busy getting the grades and LSAT to get into a t-10 Law School and getting a fucking job, couldn't play video games for a decade.
I'm not a degenrate NEET like you who put play games above all else. Now that I have a bit of free time and want to play again, I get this sort of response from you to an earnest question when you are living on my taxes for your NEET bux?
I really mean it, fuck you until your ass bleeds.
>>
>>331639960
It's definitely worth 30 bucks. Go for it.
>>
>>331640116
>30$ is too much for it imo though.
OK mate, can you recommend any similar games? I readily admit, have been out of the loop, was too busy with other stuff.
Can you give me a few ideas that are similar to Witcher 3?
Even if not a good game, now so interested in backstory want to get it, but I really hate Xbox One as a gaming platform (I use a Mac as a computer, bc it has kept me from gaming when I should have been studying).
Any ideas appreciated bro.
>>
>>331639679
>>331639960
>>331640125
Holy shit, you type like a fucking retard.
>>
(have to add, it does piss me off that you can't even buy the game "Witcher 2" directly from xbox one store, have to buy online and then download onto your xbox one rather than just pick from store.
Meanwhile, they were giving away for free on xbox one 3 weeks ago. When I asked a microsoft rep about this, she had no good answer for why. Really am into the story though, think I'm gonna get it today.
>>
>>331640285
>Holy shit, you type like a fucking retard.
OK. Thanks for your input. Now ask mom to bring down some more hot pockets.
BTW- when was the last time you could see your penis without a mirror?
>>
>they will not be an expansion where you are in zerrakania which will be like dorne or Essos in GOT.

Feels bad man
>>
>>331640510
>Feels bad man
>>331640510
Is next expansion still set for June as far as you know?
I didn't pay attention to the political situation on first play through so Ciri ended up as a Witcher and I also decided to sty with Yennifer. Want to see if I can get the ending where Ciri takes over as empress and try ending up with Trish.
>>
I'm begging here-- can someone give me a game recommendation?
I got fallout 4, but can't get into it. Also tried "Last of Us," but just didn't pull me in. Only game I sort of got into were the Batman games.
Can someone tell me if this gaming company has made anything similar? I know they are based in poland, but still pushed the "muh feminism" a bit too much..
>>
>>331639960
Honestly type like you're 14-16. Hard to believe you're anything older than that.
>>
File: 1432833760923.jpg (90 KB, 300x292) Image search: [Google]
1432833760923.jpg
90 KB, 300x292
>>331640125
salty wage cuck detected
>>
File: witcher2 2013-08-21 01-45-26-67.jpg (172 KB, 1600x1024) Image search: [Google]
witcher2 2013-08-21 01-45-26-67.jpg
172 KB, 1600x1024
>>331639679
W2 was good in it's time but aged badly, mostly gameplay-wise. 30 dollars is too much, should have got it for free. if you'll see it somewhere for 10-15 get it, it's still nice experience, neat gfx and characters, though it feels almost claustrophobic after playing W3
>>
>>331640959
>Honestly type like you're 14-16. Hard to believe you're anything older than that.
Jesus Christ. Pray, point out exactly what is wrong with my typing hard-on? I don't double space as is the custom on here?
Sorry, when you are used to writing fucking law briefs and not posts on 4 chan, you learn to just type and let the paralegal format it.
What the fuck is your obsession? Asking for advice on a GAME you fucking autist. Stay on topic.
>>
>>331641086
>W2 was good in it's time but aged badly, mostly gameplay-wise. 30 dollars is too much, should have got it for free. if you'll see it somewhere for 10-15 get it, it's still nice experience, neat gfx and characters, though it feels almost claustrophobic after playing W3
Shite so Witcher 2 nothing like 3? Thinking about getting a "steam machine" bc it loads way too slow on PS 4 and drives me nuts.
Any other games in this genre I got "Red Dead Redemption" for 360, but controls just felt awk to me.
If I can find another game like Witcher 3, would be thrilled. Didn't know anything that good actually existed after being away from games for so long.
>>
>>331641064
>salty wage cuck detected
Yep. I'm a total cuck for working my ass off through a professional school so I could get a job in NYC law to pay for your Neetbux. Good point neckbeard.
I'm the "salty" one? Ask a valid, earnest question about a game and in response get a stream of shit from neckbeard NEETS who, by some logic, consider ME (!!) a "cancer."
Fucking ponderous man.
>>
>>331639679
Witcher 2's gameplay is good chunk worse than 3. The combat can piss you off quite fast.
But it's worth it, it has some of the best characters in any video game ever.
But it's more linear, I don't know if you're looking for that.
The closest thing I can think of in terms of similar games are Gothic 1 and 2.
It's a german arpg that released 15 years ago. It was very successful in germany and eastern europe and one of Witchers main influences.
Look a youtube video, it's quite dated but still one of the best games in the genre.
I can't think of any modern title that has the same focus and polish as TW3 sadly.
>>
>>331641550
>Witcher 2's gameplay is good chunk worse than 3. The combat can piss you off quite fast.
>But it's worth it, it has some of the best characters in any video game ever.
>But it's more linear, I don't know if you're looking for that.
>The closest thing I can think of in terms of similar games are Gothic 1 and 2.
>It's a german arpg that released 15 years ago. It was very successful in germany and eastern europe and one of Witchers main influences.
>Look a youtube video, it's quite dated but still one of the best games in the genre.
>I can't think of any modern title that has the same focus and polish as TW3 sadly.
thanks mate. Even if more linear, now I feel genuinely invested in the characters and badly want the entire backstory.
>>
>>331641838
>Even if more linear, now I feel genuinely invested in the characters and badly want the entire backstory.
A good deal of the characters from 3 don't appear in 2.
Yennefer and Ciri aren't in the game.
It's more about Letho, Roche and a few other. But they are really good anyway
>>
>>331639679
I'd say Witcher 2 has the worst gameplay in the series, but storywise it's definitely the best if you are into the witcher universe. The story is also much more non-linear compared to Witcher 3 because of smaller scope.
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>331642379
>I'd say Witcher 2 has the worst gameplay in the series, but storywise it's definitely the best if you are into the witcher universe. The story is also much more non-linear compared to Witcher 3 because of smaller scope.
Have any of you played it on PC? Might get a gaming PC (unless can play all 3 on a good steam machine) bc am really obsessive about this game now.
Problem is, you need windows to run games on a PC, correct? Feel like there's an entire universe I've missed out on as far as games, had no idea they could be this good and it must be even better on a PC.
Plus, with Occ Rift coming out (though don't trust that since Jewbook bought it).
Is Witcher series on PC that much better, and you can install a driver for an xbox/ps 4 controller correct, bc I would never learn now to control this game via a PC.
>>
>>331641384
Shite so Witcher 2 nothing like 3?
It aint open world sandbox style like W3 even if at times it pretends to be. Story, style and characters are similiar, gfx was good at the times, music is imo worse than W3 (and 1), still good though, just generic. Fighting is ok-ish, similiar to W3 but you dont have a dodge and counter is shit so it's basically rolling like a madman all the time.
You could break the game using bear traps.
I'm a fan of this series, so I'm still recommending it, but I'm not pretending its best game ever. Preferred 1 and 3.
>>
>>331641214
>typing law briefs
>posts on 4chan

I genuinely don't believe you and truly believe you're underage.
>>
File: 1458006279775.jpg (49 KB, 451x698) Image search: [Google]
1458006279775.jpg
49 KB, 451x698
>>331640125
Holy shit, you are one salty motherfucker. Kill yourself.
>>
>>331639679
Wait wait

TW2 was free on the Xbox One?!
>>
>>331639679
How the fuck do you understand the story if you haven't played the first two?
>>
>>331641517
yeah you sure sound like you're having a good time
>>
>>331640125
>he's literally too fucking stupid to complete his studies no problem and still have tons of free time for entertainment

Wow. Why did you pick Law if you're this much of a dumbass? I guess even a monkey can be taught with a lot of effort but who will ever want to pick you for any kind of assignment instead of all the other lawyers available who happen to not be idiots? Why not pick something that suits your abilities?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.