[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tree of Savior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: tos.jpg (81 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tos.jpg
81 KB, 640x360
Talk me out of (or into) playing this game. The RO nostalgia is really pulling me in.
>>
>>331633658
It is almost nothing like RO. Abandon all your nostalgia while you still can.
>>
>>331633658
>nothing like RO
I haven't played it but looking at the character class and art style makes it enough RO
>>
Do you like playing games where you face the wall that is endless grinding 2 minutes in?
>>
how is the grinding? is it typical korean neverending timesink?
>>
the class system is pretty fun. a large amount of "bosses" is neat too. on the other hand it's incredibly linear and the quests suffer because of it. ultimately it feels nothing like ro unless you played it solo.
>>
>>331633658
it's shit
>>
I was hyped for it as well but from what I can tell from threads on /v/ is that it's basically another cookie cutter MMO except with an isometric view. I really hope that's just /v/ bitterly over exaggerating/shitposting.
>>
>>331635327
Hard to say.
The English versions have been completely different beasts than the Korean versions.

I haven't payed any attention to the game after the last closed beta, so I don't know if the open beta has started yet. But with both closed betas there was no real grind until you hit the level they clearly wanted things to stop at.
>>
I downloaded this yesterday with the "play now" button on steam, but it seems the f2p servers only start in april and it says nowhere so unless you go into discussions

the 80$ dlc they have makes me feel this is pay 2 win already
>>
So have they fixed how easy it was to cheat in this game?
>>
>>331633658
>The RO nostalgia is really pulling me in.
That's an easy one
It plays absolutely nothing like RO, so if you go into it expecting this, expect a bigger disappointment than Spore
>>
>>331635558
Played the beta. While the boss fights are fun, the game in-between is dull and grindy. I also hate the fact that the map is corridor-based and not similar to the world-building in RO.
>>
>>331633658
It's fucking f2p
Should be a good enough reason already to never touch it
>>
>>331635628
How can people on /v/, a place that supposed to be the top of the top for videogame discussion, be so stupid?
>>
>>331633658
>only a handful are viable for pvp anything else are gimmicks
>you need to make jew jobs to make money
Other than that it's not even close to RO in terms of gameplay
>>
>>331633658
>>331633658
>>331633658
>>331633658
>>331633658

FTP PLAYERS CANT TRADE
>>
I've bought the 10eu early access. This is the first time I've ever spent money on an mmorpg, but at least it tries to do something different than all the other games in this genre out there. I'm really sick of this shit, if this turns out to be bad then I'm quitting this genre forever.
>>
>>331635918
That was before 2007
Then the normies came in after 4chan became mainstream
>>
>>331636000
>but at least it tries to do something different than all the other games in this genre out there.
You mean going all out with the pay2win shit, such as locking movement speed and stat enhancement behind it?
>>
>>331635998
seriously, like ingame trading with other people or some global trading/selling service?
>>
>>331636052
Shut up, it's going to be great.
>>
File: 1437593747901[2].png (316 KB, 683x623) Image search: [Google]
1437593747901[2].png
316 KB, 683x623
>>331636159
>>
Beta was alright for two hours until you hit a wall and your spells stop killing shit and you run out of mana constantly. Since the Beta had a exp buff I guess this will last 20 minutes before you hit a wall
>>
>>331633658
Shit game plays nothing like RO, arguably worse ost compared to RO, no tradings, unbalanced pvp/classes, needs token unless you like being gimped

:/
>>
You won't despise yourself for playing it

but if you're out for anything more than a timewaster you're going to come out disappointed
>>
>>331636447
I don't remember them ever turning pvp on during beta.
>>
>>331636581
it was a guild thing
>>
File: sappantsu.png (436 KB, 599x375) Image search: [Google]
sappantsu.png
436 KB, 599x375
>>331633658
it's ass
>>
Never played RO, but ToS is a weird one for me. The zones are so small and linear that it might as well be a lobby-based dungeon crawler. The game world doesn't feel alive, and meeting other players out in the field isn't as compelling. Crying about muh gameworld aside, the art and soundtrack is great, and combat is okay from what I've played. Class diversity and flexibility is good too. As for the cash shop, that remains to be seen. However, Korean players seem to come and "warn" us about the game and why we shouldn't play it. Overall, alright game I guess, will follow it. Please subscribe.
>>
>>331635628
>the 80$ dlc they have makes me feel this is pay 2 win already
The DLC is for the Early Access that starts on the 29th. It will be gone once that period ends.

They of course have their own cash shop in the game which is rather horrible but that's a different case entirely.
>>
>>331635998
>>331636076
1 to 1 trades.

Market is still available to free players. Although I think it might be only 1 item listed at a time and has a 30% tax but not sure.
>>
>>331637216
can't you sell or get the items needed to trade ingame?
>>
File: 1442876572457.png (160 KB, 490x281) Image search: [Google]
1442876572457.png
160 KB, 490x281
>yfw Nexon
>>
cash shop kikery
>>
>>331633658
I bought the founders pack and I regret it anon.
Classes totally unbalanced
>F2P get 1 dungeon run for free with monthly sub its 2 dungeons compared to koreans who gets 3 for F2P and monthly sub 5
>Monthly sub costs almost 20$
>no EU servers
>cash shop is full of P2W items
>you can buy move speed
>you can buy stats enchants
>the stats enchants are random so forcing you to keep buying them to get hte right roll
>LFD tool
>You get more xp if you queue up with random then with friends and because you get 600% more xp in dungeons you should never queue up with friends, even the koreans are mad about this
>linear maps
>small maps
>changing the hair of your character costs 18$ lel
>no trading for F2P
>AH takes 30-40% tax if you are F2P
>level is restricted to 280 o the start
>Because western people have more money we cant buy some items in stacks like koreans forcing us to spend more on the real money cash shop
>Bosses are boring and the whole game is very easy overall
>No way to go to high level zones to speed farm
>No reason to ever group up with others
>No guild progress
>Bombed in Korea Totally
>>
>>331639597
forgot to add
>If you fuck up your skill points you have to buy with real money reset potions from the shop.
>>
>>331633828
>havent played
>still arguing with people that have

When you play and realize we were right, I hope you can go fuck yourself
>>
>>331639597
>>331639663
after 1-2 months of cash shop when they made profit they'll release a fix all patch, I'm sure :^)
>>
>>331637216
I kind of get it
it's to dissuade goldtrader accounts
maplestory's reboot server had this thing where they just disabled trading anything between players, it completely eliminated goldfarming bots and gold seller accounts
>>
>>331639663
lol if you fucked up your skill points pre-Komodo RO you had to make a new character
>>
>>331639839
Which is good because the good builds were hard to level up. Nowadays you just level up with easy build and then reset.
>>
All I want is a game where I can get cozy and grind for rare shit with a reasonable drop rate, not the ".01% chance on a boss you can only do daily 3 times" bullshit

bonus points if I can play it on a laptop without a mouse
>>
>>331639597

RIP

Was excited for this game and was going to buy the $50 dlc but that sounds fucking awful

thanks for the warning
>>
fuck it I'll just buy the 10 dollaridoo pack just to see if the hype is real
>>
>>331639742
uhm, they can just put useless items into the marketplace with large sums to trade gold
>>
>>331639969
honestly just wait for the F2P month and dont buy it now, you will see then by yourself how awful they are milking people with money and how they restricting F2P players.

The game had so much potental to be something so good but too bed they went with this horrible P2W shit and LFD tool, how the fuck can you give more xp out if you group with randoms then with your friends in a game where the most valuable items are xp potions and xp
>>
The game is heavily fucking flawed but posts like
>>331639597
still vastly exaggerate its flaws. The game is properly open in a month with no payments needed so if you want an actual opinion, try it out then.
>>
>>331639597
>i bought the founders pack even though i've already played beta and didn't like it
>>
the game is the opposite of fun so it's also the opposite of RO
>>
Any goldfarmers who want to try out the game to test the grounds?
>>
The CBT was garbage, and that put me off it for good.

The game is made of spaghetti code too.
>>
Is there going to be a useless rootkit anticheat like in every korean mmo ever?
>>
>>331640276
>entire game can be played with a mouse

I will guarantee you AutoHotKey will reign supreme
>>
>>331633658
It's actually nothing like RO and pretty mediocre but shills will just say you're poor for not purchasing the early access.

Yes, you that read right. The response to the game being shit is to buy it sooner.
>>
Problem with all new mmos is that they're judged against criteria people set when they were kids playing other mmos
>>
>>331641479
Problem is the genre didn't evolve one bit since forever.
>>
>>331641614

It actually regressed in some ways, since devs nowadays only focus on monetization and forget to make their game fun and enjoyable.
>>
>>331639742
no it didn't

now people just mesofarm constantly on their mains and barely ever get banned

and even then they can appeal the ban by saying "i let my little brother play" or something

and it fucking gets their account back
>>
>>331639742
m8 have you actually played reboot

there's so many bots goldfarming it's hilarious
>>
>>331641735
what ever happened to "real money can just buy you aestethic stuff like wings/headgear/skins"?

MMOs went to shit afterwards
>>
>>331633658
you won't get much RO nostalgia out of it
>>
Lots of fun, honestly.
The cash shop has some BS in it, particularly stat boosts for head gear.
However, while this is dumb af, the boosts aren't as good as stuff you find in game.
>>
>>331643610
Sure, that's what everyone says about all MMOs with p2w shit.
>>
>All this misinformation

Game is nothing like RO (which was mindless grind 24/7), it's follows the theme park formula. Instance dungeons, quests, daily quests and so on will be your main method of levelling up. The levelling process is not particularly lengthy either. Max level is easily achievable by anyone in a month.

The game has some P2W elements in the cash shop, but these items can be sold for in game currency so anyone can technically earn them. In addition to that, as you progress through the game, the bonuses they give become less and less compared to your overall stats. 300 Hp at level 1 is a lot, 300 Hp at max level is like a 1-2% bonus.

The game does have a "monthly sub". It's not required to play, but people without it lack a lot of features. Most of them aren't P2W features but just basic features being removed. No trading, limited market place use and so on. The only P2W aspect of it is a minor movement speed increase, but this increase is so minor it has no real effect on anything outside of cutting seconds off your travel time per hour. You can buy this subscription with in game currency (if people sell them).

The game IS unfinished despite what the developers say. It is buggy, unbalanced and lacking content even up to the current level cap (level cap is about 280 right now but suppose to be 600 at some point in the future, content runs out at around 240).

If you're not into the game, it's probably not worth paying for early access.
>>
>>331644271

I don't think you can trade even if you have a token. They tried to fuck irl gold sellers but ended up fucking us too.
>>
>>331645402

You can trade if you have a token, but it's limited to 30 trades per token.
>>
>>331645446

Oh well.

Still

>limited trade and pay to use
>limited market use and you have to wait hours to get your money
>dungeon fucking finder meaning you can't play with friends
>quest leveling is shit to do with a party

It's like IMC doesn't want the game to be online.
>>
RO is still online you know.
I logged in the other day and someone told me to go to this Eden Group shit to get a party there and I had no idea what that was so I just logged out.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.