[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mary Sues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Sol_Badguy.png (1 MB, 1076x2396) Image search: [Google]
Sol_Badguy.png
1 MB, 1076x2396
Is it possible to make a good character that still qualifies as a mary sue?
>>
yes.
>>
Dante
>>
>>331633440
>DMC3 Dante
>Mary Sue
Might want to replay that game, buddy. The story shits all over him at every opportunity.
>>
Doesn't a character have to be a self-insert to be Mary Sue? Not just flawless?
>>
>>331633652
Sol is a self-insert for Ishiwatari
>>
>>331633492
>The story shits all over him at every opportunity
>Never gets laid
Opinion discarded.
>>
People keep using the word Mary Sue as if it only meant "this character is the strongest/the best", when that's just one of the many possible things a character needs to be considered a Mary Sue:

>All the story revolves around the character
>All characters exist to either aid or antagonize
>All his/her decisions are proved to be right ones
>His/her morals will always be the correct ones
>Everybody loves the character and supports everything the character does, except for the antagonists who are clearly wrong and evil for doing so

Actual Mary Sues are really hard to come by, most of the time is just a case of the author's waifu/husbando/fetish.
>>
>>331633652
>>331633739
Mary Sue is such a flexible term nowadays that it boils down to "character I don't like" (usually female)
>>
>>331633848
So like Rey from The Force Awakens
>>
>>331634204
No, more like Luke
>>
>>331634204
What? Kylo and Han were the central figures of the story and Rey got into trouble about as often as she got into it.
>>
>>331633848
Just like Plutia from Neptunia, even if she's not the protagonist, so the story doesn't revolve around her
>>
File: latest[3].jpg (37 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].jpg
37 KB, 600x452
Does Tenchi count?
>>
>>331633408
>Girlfriend died
>Lost to KKKman
>Daughter married to a jelly
>Had to raise grandson
>Didn't get the brown clone of girlfriend
>>331633440
>SMALLER DICK
>>331634754
Not game but yes to an extend, he's the existence above the three goddesses who can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>331633408
Well, i've seen people liking Xion (KH) and Celica (BlazBlue) around here, so maybe i guess?
They fucking suck though
>>
>>331633652
Mary Sue doesn't really mean anything these days. The term should have stayed in the world of fanfiction where it belonged.
>>
File: 1440552716126.jpg (29 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1440552716126.jpg
29 KB, 499x500
>>331637135
Celica is she does everything like >>331633848
>Look at her profile
>"Dislikes: nothing"
>mfw
>>
>>331634204
Rey is close, but no cigar.

Even Batman, as much bullshit most of his writing is, isn't a sue.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.