[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultima Online is truly the greatest game of all time, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: Ultima-Online-Renaissance-front.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Ultima-Online-Renaissance-front.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Ultima Online is truly the greatest game of all time, it's a shame neo-/v/'s only experience with MMOs is World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft clones.

The direction in which MMOs went after the early 2000s (Star Wars Galaxies/EVE Online/Asheron's Call) is the biggest fucking tragedy in all of gaming.

Thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egHGELOZhig
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 560x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 560x419
If this was rereleased in the same art style as today's Indy trash I'd drag my balls through glass to play it WoW was a shit replacement for this games glory. Even after it was casuallized, they left the old game with all the hardcore rules intact.
>>
File: 1444608504033.jpg (499 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
1444608504033.jpg
499 KB, 1919x1079
>>331609937
Shards and Albion are definitely worthy successors, and Shroud of the Avatar is almost at final wipe.

The game you really should keep your eye on is Chronicles of Elyria though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1JcO645BA
>>
File: 1456878015017.jpg (293 KB, 1268x840) Image search: [Google]
1456878015017.jpg
293 KB, 1268x840
>>331609937

I'm currently playing Black Desert. It's okay. Nothing will ever have that UO magic though.

Pic unrelated.
>>
An Ex Por
Vas Ort Flam
In Nox
Corp Por
Corp Por
Corp Por
Corp Por
>>
you are now manually listening to stones
>>
I was thinking this about a year ago and found a private server that was really populated and old school Fel ruleset. Ultima Online Forever. They added content, such as champ spawns and "monster of the month", but kept the hardcore UO intact. Check it out.
>>
File: peaceRDA$.png (882 KB, 1531x568) Image search: [Google]
peaceRDA$.png
882 KB, 1531x568
PK tamers, all day every day. Peacemaking macing.
>>
>>331610485
UOF is stuck in nostalgiafag mode unfortunately. They refuse to adopt the Kingdom Reborn enhanced client because muh midi music/old aesthetic

There aren't really any decent private shards to be honest.
>>
>>331610674
shit on the enhanced client. Sallos>all
>>
>>331610762
Sallos is still incredibly user unfriendly
Enhanced is extremely user friendly, looks better, runs much better for higher resolution displays (1440p/4K)
>>
Uoforever and uo second age are pretty good, or UOdemise if you are into that sort of thing
>>
Fuck OP, this is the real thread theme:
https://youtu.be/5X1gC3BLq2w
>>
>>331611287
Rel Por is the best shard because it uses a custom map/mechanics to supplement the smaller populations. Even UOF (the most popular shard) doesn't have the playerbase to justify UO's massive map.
>>
>>331609056
I can remember my Dad bringing home the huge case for this and it took a while for it to install. I know it's before my time but it's still so nostalgic.

Is this game still relevant? Are the older Ultima titles worthwhile?
>>
>>331612051

VII is, but is difficult to play. IV, V and VI are interesting but clunky.
>>
File: balrum banner.jpg (102 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
balrum banner.jpg
102 KB, 960x720
>>331612051
This game is still relevant because it's still the greatest MMO ever created. It is the antithesis of what you think a MMO should be (collecting 10 boar assholes: the game)

You start off as a peasant and you're basically told to make something of yourself.

A great single player RPG that's very Ultima-esque is Balrum. It's on Steam and it's my game of the year so far.
>>
File: Balrum1.jpg (986 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Balrum1.jpg
986 KB, 1920x1200
>>331612335
I like you. I was getting ready to throw Balrum a shout out. Great isometric rpg sandbox with custom housing and combat pet system. Streamlined and simple, yet the integrity has not been compromised.
>>
>>331612943
God I would love a UO successor with Balrum's aesthetic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.