[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just read the synopsis to the Phantom pain...what in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
So I just read the synopsis to the Phantom pain...what in the blue hell.

How did the metal gear series get so damn convoluted
>>
Metal Gear Solid 4
>>
>>331602596
That one wasn't nearly as bad
>>
File: raiden-mgs2.jpg (16 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
raiden-mgs2.jpg
16 KB, 525x394
>>331601576
>How did the metal gear series get so damn convoluted

at this shitty point
>>
>>331601576
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is the true answer.
>>
Mgs had no intentionof becoming a series.
Mgs 2 was fine.
Mgs 3 is more of a prequel spin-off but they nailed it.
But Konami doesnt know when to stop and they starts shitting over the mgs title by making 4 and 5
>>
Because they tried to connect everything in a way that wasn't even necessary.
>>
>>331605424
>Mgs had no intentionof becoming a series.
Then explain the conversation with Ocelot and Solidus at the end.
>>
>>331605424
>Mgs had no intentionof becoming a series.
>Mgs 2 was fine.

then why was Arsenal Gear a mess?
>>
>>331606461
None of it was real until MGS4
>>
>>331604639
It's still pretty fucking convoluted though.
>>
Picked up The Phantom Pain on sale, currently downloading it.
After months and months of hearing conflicting opinions I decided to form my own.
Wish me luck.
>>
>>331606787
do you have any proof of that?
>>
He made mgs1. All is forgiven.
>>
>>331607163
Enjoy it as just a game. Don't think of it as a Metal Gear title and you'll enjoy it all the more.
>>
File: metal gear meeseeks.jpg (60 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
metal gear meeseeks.jpg
60 KB, 500x282
>>331601576
This is what inevitably happens when a series has had the same director for nearly 30 years, especially one who's on record saying he wanted to leave the series to others after MGS2. If Konami aren't retarded (which they are) the next game will be a complete reboot (if they make one).
>>
>>331607163
Have fun. I would considet act 2 optional though.
>>
>>331607623
I'm incredibly excited for the next entry.
Bring the Portable Ops team on to make a game using the Fox Engine.
Their last game was so good that Kojima jacked its game mechanics for the next two main entries in the franchise, so I'm excited to see what they could do with that great framework.
>>
>>331602596
This. For all the shit MGS gets about being convoluted, 4 is the only one that really makes no sense.
>>
>>331606461
It could've possibly been better, considering the original idea was censored heavily due to 911 happening super recently during that time
>>
>>331601576
>How did the metal gear series get so damn convoluted

MGS 3 and 4 happened.
>>
>>331607163
It looks fun
>>
>>331607623
Alternatively make MGR2: The Avengement since the first game worked out well with little involvement from Kojima.
>>
File: 1383873323498.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1383873323498.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>331601576
>reading a plot synopsis for MGS
>>
Big boss' goal never made any fucking sense, it's completely uncalled for...and for a series that gets its namesake from a giant mech, they never really feature prominently in the series.
>>
>>331608778
After MGS3 he felt that nations like America see soldiers like himself and his mentor as expendable, so he wanted to make a nation of soldiers for soldiers.
>>
Around 3 when Hideo decided that Big Boss needs to be the hero of the series rather than Snake
>>
>>331608380
I'm glad I read the spoilers when the game came out

Actually witnessing the disappointment over a long period of time, and telling yourself the game is just off to a rough start, would really suck. Better to roll in with expectations 6 feet under
>>
>>331609037
Yeah, which is fucking stupid. Are they just gonna go to war with the whole world? Soldiers are there to protect a nation and it's basic human rights...what the fuck is the point of a nation made up of mercs?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.