[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't believe I fell for this meme game. >Just a strawman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: download (22).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (22).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
Can't believe I fell for this meme game.

>Just a strawman game to be contrarian to Bethesda games (still trash)
>Ugly world
>No random encounters
>Map is just a giant U
>All these weapons and cool shit that have zero use because once you do the short quests and build up your character there's literally no purpose to all these skills and weapons
>Powerpoint ending
>Story is just a copy-paste with different questgivers for different factions
>Hailed as some AMAZING FEAT OF VIDEO GAMES AND RPGS and a BIG BLOW TO THE BIG EBIL CORPORASHUNS when it's really really just a mediocre reskin and saying otherwise makes you an idiot
>enemies respawn in the same four locations every 4 days for the only post-game action you want
>Companions are overpowered

Oh, sorry, I meant WHOA BEST GAME OF ALL TIME FUCK BETHESDA AM I RIGHT GUYS? Oh, whoops! New Vegas thread! Hahaahaaa, post builds and say memes and shit and talk about a mediocre 2011 RPG like it's SO fucking good. Fuck. Why not just fucking play STALKER.
>>
nigger
>>
I like FO3 better
>>
lol haha
>>
>>331600589
>Just a strawman game to be contrarian to Bethesda games
What are you trying to say here?
>>
>>331601021

if bethesda games didn't exist this wouldn't exist and if it did, it wouldn't be as talked about just to be contrarian to Bethesda's Fallouts because it was really mediocre. It's only praised in comparison and treated like some holy grail.
>>
it really is a broken and unfinished game but I still like it. at least it tries to do something different.
>>
Imagine being so emotionally and intellectually retarded that you can't appreciate the greatest RPG of the last decade.
>>
File: memeprison.jpg (64 KB, 543x960) Image search: [Google]
memeprison.jpg
64 KB, 543x960
You didn't actually play the game, did you?
>>
>>331601284
>if bethesda games didn't exist this wouldn't exist and if it did, it wouldn't be as talked about just to be contrarian to Bethesda's Fallouts because it was really mediocre.
That still doesn't make much sense. In any case it sold many times more than Fallout 3, so it probably would have. Your choice of words is baffling, to say the least.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 825x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 825x520
>>331601447
Yeah, nice argument.

>>331601597
606 hours on steam of waiting for the part where it was supposed to start getting good, every ending.

The DLC was good though.
>>
>>331600589
>Just a strawman game to be contrarian to Bethesda games (still trash)
Please refrain from using big words you don't understand in an attempt to sound educated.
>>
You don't play many RPGs do you?
>>
>>331602141
You don't play something for 600 hours waiting for it to get good. There was clearly something there that kept you going.
I know this is a bait thread and all, but at least make it believable.
>>
>>331600589
UTTERLY
BOOTY
BLASTED

BY A VIDEO GAME
>>
>>331602141
>Liar detected
I'm max level on one playthrough, and it's only 150 hours.

You would have needed to max out 4 times to reach that many hours. And why would you waste over 600 hours on a game and THEN decide you don't like it?
>>
>>331602141
The fuck did you put 606 hours into a game you think is shit?
>>
he's lying you retards he wants a NV thread

is there a mod to make Sunny Smiles a companion?
>>
>>331602578
She's shit, why bother?
>>
>>331602141

>606 hours

Wow. Sure sounds like you really hated it.

Look man, I can't make you appreciate superior quest & dialogue writing, complex and branching questlines, excellent open world with no level scaling, world design that makes sense with the setting - I just don't think you like RPGs, or at least you prefer open world loot games masquerading as 'RPGs', like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
>>
>>331602419

Yeah, my asshole friends that kept telling me over and over "Go back and play it like this" "Go back and do that" and mostly getting up and doing something else because I was so unimpressed by a lot of the environments.

Yeah, I liked all the choices you got, but God was everything else so awful. Aside from Quests, there was no reason to play. Zero. Gambling serves no real purpose. Once you do the Quests, you literally just start a new character and wipe all your progress. No satisfaction to that at all. The world is EMPTY and ugly.
>>
>>331601284
So being a direct sequel to the Black Isle fallouts is being contrarian? Especially when most of the people who made the original franchise worked on new Vegas as well?
>>
>>331602578
Yeah, there is. It reuses her vanilla dialogue I believe.
>>
>>331602659
someone post that pic comparison of fo3 and nv's quests and nv being btfo
>>
>>331602141
>606 hours
I don't even have that many hours on my favorite game of all time, nice job giving away the bait
>>
>>331602653
I hope you die violently
>>
>>331602668

>aside from the content of the game, there's no content in the game

It's an RPG, what other content other than quests did you expect there to be?
>>
File: image.jpg (604 KB, 1440x1236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
604 KB, 1440x1236
>>331602737
This one?
>>
>>331602760
>I like dumb ugly cunts with bad VAs

'Kay
>>
>>331603040
no it was a flowchart detailing a lot of the quests and showing nv's to be linear and FO3's having multiple paths
>>
File: smugged blonde.png (271 KB, 507x507) Image search: [Google]
smugged blonde.png
271 KB, 507x507
>>331600589
>Being this bootyblasted
>>
>>331603154
I hope you and everyone that ever had any help in shaping your life die a gruesome death cause they did a fucking horrible job
>>
File: 1439878437237.jpg (134 KB, 618x554) Image search: [Google]
1439878437237.jpg
134 KB, 618x554
>>331602747
606 Hours because i kept going back because I always thought /v/ was trustworthy and I was just missing something. Yeah, there was a lot of the game to really experience thoroughly through a dozen different characters because I kept trying to find the part of the game that was good. I had kept telling myself "Is this fun? I think this is fun?" Walking around that giant empty desert. Some parts were, but they definitely were not worth all the fucking boring areas with no point to them other than fluff. If it felt like a more living world with random spawns and encounters and a reason to go back through places you've been, it would've been a different story. But there really isn't. So many areas that serve zero purpose.

And I kept playing and playing, because /v/ and my stupid Obsidrone friend kept saying "IT'S SUCH A GOOD GAME AND A TRUE FALLOUT KEEP PLAYING IT FAGGOT" and I found myself just. Not. Having. Fun. I'd keep telling myself it is supposed to get to some great part that will make me realize it was all worth it, and there really wasn't. The only good part of the game was the ending, and seeing all the exposition, but looking back, I just felt so incredibly bland about all of it. The story they wrote couldn't fit into the game they made. And don't give me the stupid "8 Months" or whatever shit. I looked it up, it was an AGREED UPON time.

I thoroughly played this game enough to know that /v/ was wrong. In my opinion, this game is not worth full price. As much as I love the retro-futuristic universe of Fallout, the games do it no justice, and the 'fans' are twice as cancerous and worse than the games themselves.

At this point, you might as well just sign a dumb petition for a new Fallout RPG to the vain hope it would appease the rabid classic purist assholes and just go play an MMO or something until you keel over. That would be more enjoyable than desperately trying to get into this Fallout thing with all this contrarian "Smart" shit.
>>
>>331603606
But WHY spend all that time thinking and typing out all that bullshit?
>>
File: 1432886482774.jpg (160 KB, 622x510) Image search: [Google]
1432886482774.jpg
160 KB, 622x510
>see the picture
>think it's a new vegas thread
>it's a bait/shitposting thread

migrate >>331603759
>>
>>331600589
>>331602141
you're the same faggot being a huge loser in the /fog/ thread earlier werent you

fuck off retard
>>
>>331603040
Wow, I knew NV had much more quests but jesus I didn't expect that much of a gap.
>>
>>331603253
That was showing Moira's quest, the only one like it. The choices amount to:

-Don't do the quest
-Do the quest
-Do the quest half-assed
-Do the quest super good.

Not the mention the NV one was the simplified version on the wiki.
>>
>>331603936
naw it was for a lot of different quests, it outlined the rewards for each path you took in the fo3 quests as well, and just about all the NV quests had the same reward at the end no matter what you chooes
>>
>>331603925

Yeah, because you Obsidiots literally can NOT handle a different opinion without an army of your buddies to back you up.

Back to RPG Codex, asshat.
>>
>>331603253
It compared

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_Survival_Guide_(quest)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Beyond_the_Beef
>>
>>331604198
werd how everywhere you post your opinion everyone thinks you're a faggot

hmmm but it's not you right? clearly everyone else has the problem
>>
>>331604198
>handle a different opinion
You could phrase your opinion in a more coherent way. All you're doing with a post like the OP is shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>331604481

I've made it clear several times that Fallout 4 has it's weaknesses and Obsidian clearly has made contributions that Bethesda couldn't live up to.

That still doesn't mean I should be forced to like NV. I don't. And I thoroughly believe it was completely overhyped just to counteract the "Casual" boogeyman associated with 3 and 4.

It's Obsidian Fanboys that just think the idea of making the smallest concessions or even trying 4 is a mortal sin. MORTAL SIN. I've met crazy asshats on the steam forums who literally said they'd rather die than play 4, and I gave NV the thorough do-over 606 hours over to try and see what the big deal was, and I came to the conclusion it had a good story but was a shit game. And I have the freedom to believe that because I did the time to prove it.

>>331604667

Because acting like an immense autist is apparently the only way to illicit a real response from you people.
>>
>>331605191
Adding insult to injury isn't helping you make your case. Can you calm down for long enough to type something coherent about the game itself, or just insults and outbursts?
>>
>>331605364

Let me make it clear.

The map was small, constricted, and with nothing in it to promote the idea of exploration past one-time Quests. Once you wear out a character, you might as well delete and start over.

The vast amount of features that would make the game amazing are absolutely purposeless because the content and playability is too small for the game's features.

The game's story flounders along 4 copy-pasted storylines that all are the same quests against the same factions, and then come to the dam. That's it.

The best part of New Vegas, indisputably, was everything that had nothing to do with New Vegas. Everything that went away from the main game, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, even Lonesome Road, absolutely shined. Big explorable environments with generating enemies for always a challenge. Paid add-on content was better and more game-y than the main game itself.
>>
>>331606056
>let me make it clear
And then your are as ambiguous as possible in the first 3 points, and overly generalize because you cannot for the life of your give a straight forward example without getting BTFO.

Consider myself baited, well done.
>>
>>331607000
>gets BTFO
>hurr bait
>>
>>331607000
retard
>>
File: Quests.jpg (182 KB, 1224x680) Image search: [Google]
Quests.jpg
182 KB, 1224x680
>>331603253
Oh this one.
>>
>>331601284
if bethesda didn't exist we would have gotten an RPG that wasnt tied down by being an action hybrid on the gamebryo engine, holy christ.
>>
>>331607898

The series would be dead, and would be talked about as much as the original Wasteland or Arcanum here on /v/. So, not at all.

>>331607000
As expected, you already set me up with your own criteria, working with an arbitrary frame that you set up prior that already rules out my viewpoint. I'm basically talking to a brick wall that refuses to acknowledge one of my points at all. None of that was ambiguous. You are a bald faced liar who refuses to change their viewpoint, unless I pull some essay out of my ass going over the 2000 character limit.
>>
>>331601284
>>331608202
Bethesda weren't the only company interested in buying the Fallout IP, they were the highest bidder. So if Bethesda didn't buy it, we would have gotten Fallout games from someone else. Whether or not they would be better than Bethesda's, we'll never know. But don't try and say the series would be dead.
>>
>>331607823
i'm afraid you don't know what i'm talking about
>>
>>331600589
>Ugly world
Bethesda still using old shit engine
>No random encounters
i hated not having it and it's hard to do with fast travel and open world RPGs.
>Map is just a giant U
you only walk in a giant U
>All these weapons and cool shit that have zero use because once you do the short quests and build up your character there's literally no purpose to all these skills and weapons
i never once used a 9mm pistol or much other weapons due to many reasons like: skilling your weapon skill too high, can't loot or find the appropriate weapon of my skill level at the time
>Powerpoint ending
Fallout has always been like that. Though I really do wish they would use way more cinematic cutscenes because the engine is fucking ugly as shit and no one can animate properly.
>Story is just a copy-paste with different questgivers for different factions
opinion
>Hailed as some AMAZING FEAT OF VIDEO GAMES AND RPGS and a BIG BLOW TO THE BIG EBIL CORPORASHUNS when it's really really just a mediocre reskin and saying otherwise makes you an idiot
opinion. also they made the whole game with whatever tools they had in only 18months. i'd say that is quite the feat.
enemies respawn in the same four locations >every 4 days for the only post-game action you want
Fallout 3 does the same thing and on the same engine but much worse.
>Companions are overpowered
yes they are
>>
>>331606056
>The map was small, constricted, and with nothing in it to promote the idea of exploration past one-time Quests. Once you wear out a character, you might as well delete and start over.
surprisingly the dlc fixes this. you get robot parts from drops and theres a new faction called rust devils they spawn everywhere. best part is they are hostile to everything and seem to draw aggro.
got in a fight between rust devils, children of the atom, gunners, supermutants and raiders right outside of good neighbor.
was crazy as shit unscripted and fun
it gives you a reason to run around the map a second time looking for loot cause their positions arent fixed.
>>
>>331610067
>New Vegas
>Children of Atom
>Rust devils
What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>331610426
>>
>>331608202
>would be dead
Under Bethesda, it might as well be.
>>
>>331610067
what the shit is rust devil and good neighbor?
>>
>>331610776
The post you were addressing was clearly about NV dude
>>
So OP has spent 606 hours on a game they claim to hate, saying it has no content, nothing to explore, or any replayability. They then describe Fallout 4 in every post (there is no need to visit a location more than once, everything is a U shape, guns are useless for a build past a point) and none of those are even descriptors of Fallout New Vegas, and they want people to be able to argue with them about opinions?

Like it's impossible to argue with extreme autism unless you yourself have the downs. There is no point in taking you seriously OP. I extremely enjoyed New Vegas and have played through countless times and I am still around 180 hours.
>>
>>331611368
and with that you concluded the thread.

Although in hindsight to OPs clear example of bait, have you yourself become the "person with downs" by simply writing all that out to tell them how stupid and redundant their argument is?

In turn have I also become retarded by replying to you? Whose to say
>>
>>331600589
damn Todd I've never seen you this drunk
>>
>Why not just fucking play STALKER.
Why not indeed.
>>
the game is a little too realistic for it's own good, you really have to dig up the fun bits and the vast majority of the game is role playing as a survivalist. which in itself isn't supposed to be exciting, there's the realism for you. but if you like role playing, and not just role playing games, it can be incredibly addictive. you have to really become your character to understand the appeal.
>>
Are we gonna start FO:NV threads like Monster Hunter threads?
>>
>>331611801
And to support your point anon, this is why Fallout 3/4 are inferior games to New Vegas. The opportunity to become immersed is far in excess of what NV provides, and the near constant break from realism is so jarring even if I try to, the game throws me right back into telling me "you're playing a game"
>>
>>331600589

sure people who say they loved new vegas but hated 3 are saying it just to shit on bethesda, because its basically a huge mod/expansion as there wasnt any changes outside the core game apart from tightening up out of vats combat

writing was a bit better, and it was slightly more free, but its still basically a fucking huge expansion

theres nothing wrong with liking both, people try and say fallout 3 killed the fallout series, while completely ignoring brotherhood of steel and how shit it was, and how average tactics was

people also forget that considering how shit the out of vats combat was in 3, it kinda forced you to fight in vats, which, i wouldve thought would be perfect for the MUH FALLOUT 1 IS BEST crowd, considering its 'true to the original' more than NV is in that regard

im not saying 3 is better than new vegas, i still prefer NV, but 3 isnt as bad as people like to say

im leaving 4 out of it because it is genuinely borderline shit with only a couple of things saving it from the trash pile
>>
>>331612996
3 generally had its moments, but its so far removed from what Fallout is supposed to be its like wading through shit to find bits of gold.

If you haven't played the Tale of Two Wastelands mod anon, I would seriously consider it, because you will honestly see such a large difference between the quality of the writing and world building its actually quite depressing.

The saving graces for Fallout 3 is The Pitt and Point Lookout. No contest.
>>
>>331614129

people say that the brotherhood were done wrong in fallout 3, but seem to forget about the outcasts and that whole sub story and how its explained WHY theyre going a different direction than the rest of the BoS

i do agree that things like tribes and regression to primitive society in a lot of places was seriously missing in 3

but again brotherhood of steel was incredibly removed from what 'fallout was meant to be' and it was made by the original devs, and fallout tactics was also pretty removed, though less so

i like obsidian and love NV, but NV was only as good as it was because it had that core game to build on, obsidians next 2 best games were sequels, neverwinter nights 2 and KOTOR 2, both having already had the core game right there to be built on (though the first KOTOR is far better)

dont forget there was like 17 years between fallout 2 and 3, of course its going to be different, though its not an excuse for some of the things bethesda has done, its still maybe a reason, most series are absolutely destroyed after half that wait for a new game (see duke nukem)
>>
>>331615443
The changing of the Brotherhood is totally pointless. It didn't need to changed, and the whole Outcast scapegoat is pointless when you consider how little the Outcast actually do in F3. It is so painfully obvious they were tacked on at the last minute because someone at Bethesda probably said "hey guys you know the Brotherhood aren't supposed to be metal wearing philanthropists". Why do you think the Outcasts are involved in the first DLC; its because they provide fuck all in the main game despite the fact that if they added early on, they would have made a far more sensible choice for a "villain" than the pointlessly resurrected Enclave.

AND you have to consider that Bethesda are dribbling mongoloids who can't even stick to their own changes. In F4 The Outcasts join up the East Coast chapter, but for some reason the new elder decides "you know what, lets go back to how we were supposed to be" whilst saying running around going "we are totally different guys, honest!"

And it falls down when you consider that if the east coast brotherhood actually do give a shit for people contrary what they are supposed to be, why the fuck did they invade and pretty much murder everyone inside The Pitt? If they are truly reformed, you'd think they'd have stayed there, helped the steel furnaces come back online and helped cure the trogg disease, instead of shooting anything that moved and leaving one of their own (who ironically does have a legitimate reason for changing his stance of the brotherhood) to fix it for them?
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.