[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass effect PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 250x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 250x283
I played the first mass effect on my 360 like 7-8 years ago and loved it. I never got around to the others. I recently built a pc and have mostly been playing games from 2010-now that I missed out on having only had a 360/PS3/wii u. It looks like actually paying for these games is fucked as you have to use origin, doesn't come with the dlc's, can't even pay or find the dlc' so I'm thinking of just torrenting. I'm finding some torrents for mass effect 2, none for 1. I wanted to ply the first one since its been so long but is it even worth it? Should I just play the second one? I just remember the first one being so fucking cool.
>>
>>331554451
Look harder then, they are all over the place.
>>
>>331554654
Do you think the first one is worth playing?
>>
>>331554880
Yes.
I would say that 2 is probably the best game, but they form a series, your decisions get carried from one game to the next.
And 1 is pretty comfy too, aside from the endless Mako segments.
>>
>>331554880
they are all bad but you'll love them like the rest of us
>>
>>331555048
How exactly do your choices carry over? I'll probably just be using torrents. Do I import a save or something?
>>
the first one really isn't worth sinking your time into. just go on to the second
>>
I really just want an immersive sci fi rpg. Is Deus ex HR a better move?
>>
>>331555732
Yes, you import a save.
I don't remember how it works precisely, but I'd guess the game looks in your App_Data or 'My Documents' directory.
>>
>>331555812
Could you expand on that a little please?
>>
>>331555048
Mako was better than no mako. fuck off back to cod
>>
>>331556169
That's like, your opinion.
And I really don't see what's so amazing about driving around randomly generated terrain with just a texture swap and no detail whatsoever for hours on end.
>>
>>331554451
Number 1 is the best one, play it again. 2 is also good but you start to see whats gonna happen. 3 is shit, not even kidding. Made casual as fuck, skip that one if anything. It's fucking painful.
>>
>>331556361
The fact that it was as close as we got to actually explore. If you're given a spaceship you wanna explore planets, so stupid to remove it instead of improving it.
>>
>>331556361

>Exploration didn't have enough variety
>"Let's remove it entirely!"

God I hate BiowarEA.
>>
>>331556521
>>331556575
It's this meme again.
>>
>>331554451
the problem with Mass Effect is, after you played the first you are going to want to play ME2, and after that you are going to want to move on to ME3

so it really is better to not play Mass Effect at all, blessed are the few who played the first game when it was released and the series wasn't tainted by that abomination that ended the trilogy
>>
>>331556763
i just played the demo of the 2nd and the world is too cool. I dont care if the 3rd has a shit ending, i just want to be immersed in cool alien lore and look at weird planets and shit.I want a cool sci fi rpg
>>
Origin version comes with the dlc included.

If you got it on steam or physical, you can use the code from there to redeem it on origin.

The dlc is insanely expensive but the base games are cheap, often on sale and origin client is not the end of the world. It is about as intrusive as steam, with better customer support. Its not exactly uplay tier of shit.
>>
>>331557285
Origin version of mass effect 1 that is, has the dlc for free in it. Otherwise its hell to get it, pinnacle station is not worth trying to find otherwise but bring down the sky is good.
>>
>>331557285
>Origin version comes with the dlc included.
Does that only apply to 1 or to 2 & 3 as well?
>>
>>331557006
Then play it. Though the entirety of mass effect 3 is shit, not just the ending. That said there is still some cool locations, but your companions on the ship.... Fucking wish I could just vent the fucking ship
>>
>>331557404
Who is so bad aside from Vega, the Jersey Shore TV chick (that you don't have to bring in) and maybe homo mechanic?
>>
>>331554451
Just download a ME1 savefile tailored to your in-game choices and import it into ME2 before you play.

The games are pretty different though, tonally and gameplay-wise.
>>
Appreciate the responses gents. I think I'll be going with the first on origin. Didn't know they had the dlc.
>>
>>331554451
Start with ME1, its great.

>>331558692
There are savefile editors.

>>331556763
>>331556392
>ME3 is bad meme
ME3 has the best combat and rest of game is decent, might be weakest part of ME and ending is absolutely awful but I really don't regret playing it.
>>
>people recommending ME2 over 1 when is the only one in the series with a scope, sensible writing and yet untouched by EA
Fuck you all
>>
File: 1458418846246.gif (940 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
1458418846246.gif
940 KB, 248x200
There are a lot of ME1 torrents, just look harder. I'm pretty sure I downloaded one from TPB.

Start with the first one, it's the best story by far. ME2 has better characters but the story is nowhere as engaging.
ME3 isn't half bad but it's got the weakest story in exchange for the best gameplay. Shame the Mako is gone, hope they'll bring it back on Andromeda.
>>
>>331562407
calling ME3 bad is a meme now?

jesus christ /v/ really has sunk to new depths havent they
>>
>>331554451
ME1's DLC isn't very good. You can skip it for the most part.
On the other hand, ME2's DLC is great, or at least most of it is, and you shouldn't miss out on it. Thankfully you can pirate the DLC.
>>
>>331564618
you are talking to teenagers everyday
>>
>>331564424
>hope they'll bring it back
the Mako was literally the first thing they announced for Andromeda.
>>
>>331564424
Andromeda is supposed to be about exploration so its very likely. I feel like I remember something about procedural tech for planet surfaces so it'd kinda be a must.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.