[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes good character design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: WlI8C.jpg (142 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
WlI8C.jpg
142 KB, 600x403
What makes good character design?
>>
Anything that's not japanese according to current /v/
>>
Simple and clean.

You know, just like the way you're making me feel tonight.
>>
The design should tell you something about the character's personality or role, be easily recognizable just from the sillhuette, and every part should be there for a reason.
>>
>>331548780
It's hard to strictly define what's "good" and what's "bad". It depends on the situation. Simple's not always the best, complicated's not always the worst, and the same holds true in reverse.

But it's a good guideline to make sure they're easily recognizable and distinguishable from other characters. Especially if you want to be able to identify them from a distance or by seeing only their faces.
>>
File: 1448198259026.jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448198259026.jpg
94 KB, 640x640
>>331548923
>>
1. Anime Ass
2. Anime Tiddies
>>
>>331548780
I don't believe there's an objective answer to that question.
good= What you like the look of.
bad= What you don't like the look of.
>>
Cat ears and big breasts
>>
Balloon tits in skin tight body suits.
>>
Round tits and a tight ass
>>
tomboy
tan
muscle tone
>>
Tiny skirts, thigh-high socks, and detached sleeves.
>>
>>331548780
Anime girl

You basically can't mess it up unless you're completely retarded.
>>
File: 55930310_p0.png (2 MB, 2000x1700) Image search: [Google]
55930310_p0.png
2 MB, 2000x1700
>>331554205
I swear you somehow knew I had this thread open in a tab for a long time. I honestly was thinking of posting her for the longest time, but decided against it many times.

Anyway, I agree with >>331550119.
The character should also be inoffensive and even inviting so they can appeal to many people.
>>
>>331548780
PS4 is the only decent design ITP
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.