[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Hyperdimension Neptunia and all those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
What's the deal with Hyperdimension Neptunia and all those other anime JRPGs? Mainstream reviewers seems to hate those games while user reviews are always very high. Who should I trust? Are these games worth buying or are they just shovelware?
>>
>>331540864
What kind of people do you think write those critic reviews?
How do those people differ from those that write user reviews?
How would you fit among these two groups of people?
>>
>>331540864
>Mainstream reviewers seems to hate those games while user reviews are always very high. Who should I trust?
Neither. Mainstream reviewers scratch the backs of advertisers. Yet user reviews were high for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 & 2, which were both shit.
>>
>should I trust the guys that give bioshock infinite 10 out of 10
>or the common retards

gee, how about you fucking play the games?
>>
Mainstream reviewers get triggered by the artstyle so they take away points.
People who actually play the game are being heavily pandered to, so they add points.
As someone who played Re;birth 1 and enjoyed it, I can guarantee that the only reason why I liked it was because I was depressed. I actively hate the games now.
>>
>>331541802
I don't have unlimited amount of money you know. I would like to know how the games are before deciding on purchase.
>>
>>331542335
>what is piracy
>>
>>331540864

Neptunia is popular because is source of fap .
combat gameplay is obsolete if you compare con other JRPGs, unskippable cutscenes where that girls talk with disgusting voices; and they dont have boyfriends. are there male humans in gameindusti? How CPUs born ?
>>
>>331542409
I own PS4 and Vita and there's no piracy there unfortunately. My PC is decade old.
>>
>>331540864
>Mainstream reviewers seems to hate those games

Mainstream reviewers are mostly sjw these days. They hate anything with hot sexy females and calls it sexist. If that shit ain't butt ugly like dragon age, it ain't getting a high score.
>>
>>331540864
>Are these games worth buying?
Depends on what you like.

If you like cute anime girls doing cute things, meta video game humor, and are ok with passable but not amazing JRPG gameplay you will probably enjoy it.

If none of that sounds good to you then pass on it.

Both sets of reviews are probably accurate it's just that the mainstream critics don't like these kinds of games while the people who buy them do. It's not black or white.

If you're on the fence you could probably get a good idea of what the games are like by looking at gameplay videos.

>>331542693
>unskippable cutscenes
Pretty much any scene can be skipped. What are you talking about?
>>
>>331542693
Do people really fap to the games? I always wondered. Same thing with Senran Kagura.
I can understand if you fap to the art, but the games have very bad character models and animations.
>>
>>331542693
> combat gameplay is obsolete if you compare con other JRPGs

Not really true if you compare it to other turn based jrpgs. The combat in Neptunia games are fairly decent.
>>
I don't care. it's fun to play, some of the music is good, combos can be interesting to set up too. anime tiddies and pantyshots are okay with me.
>>
File: image.png (100 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100 KB, 500x337
>>331540864
I personally agree with Hyperdimension Neptunia being generally shit.

Other anime JRPSs though, not so much.

if I hear atleast one of you fucks shittalking Trails in The Sky or Persona 3 I will personally hunt your asses down.
>>
>>331543297
Those games are the kind of anime normies like. You know, JoJo-style.
>>
>>331540864
From an unbiased point of view, you can usually just take the reviewers score and the user score and just rate it somewhere in the middle of them for a decent rating.
>>
>>331543297
Currently playing trails so can't comment on it but after playing other atlus rpgs persona 3 isn't that great anymore. At least it better then 4.
>>
>>331540864
Read the reviews, ignore the scores

See what reasons people give for disliking it
See what reasons people give for liking it

if the review is just "shit game" or "fantastic game" look for a more detailed reviewer
>>
>>331542906
>Do people really fap to the games? I always wondered
No but it's fun and cute. They do fap to the fanwork though.
>>
There are reviewers out there that specialize in JRPGs and other Japanese games who will give it a fair in depth review.
>>
>>331543297
persona 3 is shit and so is trails
>>
>>331544515
Can you please post some of them.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.