[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amazing Games that the West Will Never See
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>Be Capcom
>Make an exceptionally game, one of the best PS4 exclusives
>Never release on the West

Man all I wanted were english subtitles
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bizAcfKho8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCZ6ALj4n8
>>
>>331536910
I imported it, but I'm so broken up that I'll never again hear Troy Baker scream IEYASUUUUU over himself also screaming IEYASU IEYASU IEYASU that I haven't had the gumption to play it yet.
>>
Dragon Quest
>>
>>331539432
Personally I thought Ieyasu had the best english voice acting from the last game they localized. Fucking majestic.
>>
File: 1457811976578.png (118 KB, 272x405) Image search: [Google]
1457811976578.png
118 KB, 272x405
fuck off weebs ur disgusting
>>
>>331540296
go back to minecraft kiddo
>>
Why the SE "localization" of the many games to come. Is there a chance of it happen to basara too?

>>331540194
Most of the Basara 3's cast were pretty good maybe except Kenshin.
>>
>>331540194
The entire SB3 dub was off the charts. How could they give it such a top-tier cast, not advertise the game at ALL, and then refuse to localize any more? This game and Ace Attorney are what ruined Capcom for me. My heart is fucking broken.
>>
>musou games
>ever exceptional

wew lad.
>>
File: Boku no natsuyasumi 2.jpg (43 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
Boku no natsuyasumi 2.jpg
43 KB, 350x500
>>331536910
>>
>>331540879
I forgot about Kenshin, aka Freeza lite.
>>
oh no, we'll never get a dynasty warriors clone, how will we ever get along without a dynasty warriors game
>>
>>331540952
What is the story behind this?
>>
>>331540943
You've obviously never played Basara. It's more like DMC + musou + crack.
>>
>>331541089

prove it.
>>
>>331541001
you go on vacation
>>
File: the only difference.jpg (840 KB, 1024x1440) Image search: [Google]
the only difference.jpg
840 KB, 1024x1440
>>331541089
>It's not musou!
>It's the OTHER type of musou!
>>
>>331541182
>talking shit about DW7
get out
>>
>>331536910
Your autism level is over 9000, OP, this shit is so weeb my eyes are hurting
>>
>>331541150
I can't play the game for you.
>>
On a board where every game is shit, there are some exceptions: games you can't actually play. Those are great.

What an amazing coincidence.
>>
>>331536910
Hey there, I was actually part of Capcom's marketing plan for Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (SB3) in the west, and can tell you that the SOLE reason this series was murdered over here was christian svennson aka Capcoms own bobby kotick.

For those that are fans of the series, you should know all about Devil Kings (SB1) and its laughable failure, capcom decided to skip 2 for us but then, by some divine miracle, brought over SB3 with AAA voice actors and no content changes or cuts, and it was fucking glorious. Except they didn't market it, literally. Here was Capcom's entire marketing strategy, make a banner on their website, give out japanese style warflags that people wear on their back at comicon and have me stream the game a week before it came out to try and drum up interest.

Literally

Of course nobody knew about it and nobody bought it, and svennsons reaction to that was "well, we're never going to bother with this series in the west again, they just don't care about it and we put too much money into localizing this one".

Not even joking. Though I have to admit, doing that stream was fun as hell, it was amazing to see all of the diehard fans in there flipping out when I FINALLY fought nobunaga as oichi and was down to my last life on his third resurrection. That was the fucking hypest shit.

Good times.

>>331540194
that guy is a legendary voice actor, he's voice War from Darksiders, Illidan from WoW, the mechanic from Redline. Fun fact, Masamune and Yukimura are voiced by Dante and Nero, respectively. Sort of an inside joke within Capcom, since both characters are rivals with one being the cocky badass and the other being angsty.
>>
>>331540296

Go back to The Division.
>>
>>331541946
>Bobby Kotick's fault

At least now I have a specific person to hate. Fuck that useless sack of shit. God damn, I am fucking mad all over again.

Not that guy, but I love Liam O'Brien. I also fully understood and appreciated the Dante/Nero reference, so I'm glad it was actually confirmed and not just me.
>>
>>331542636
to be clear, it wasn't bobby kotick, it was christian svennson, which was capcoms version of bobby kotick. He knew nothing of games and was the one personally responsible for turning down SEVERAL proposals to localize and release monster hunter frontier in the west and killed the SB series. He was an egotistical piece of shit who made retarded decision after retarded decision. He retired IIRC a few years ago. I know he doesn't work there anymore but I'm not sure if he moved to somewhere else or just retired.
>>
>>331536910
>Having to use picture guides to know what all the moon screens say
>Learning what everything does but not understanding what any of it says
>Never have any idea what anyone is saying, story, or what im supposed to be doing

Thank god the actual stages and mission are obvious enough, shame no online co-op to replace the AI buddy.
>>
>>331542872
Christian Svennson, okay.

Fuck that guy right in the ass.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.