[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who got you into video games, /v/? honestly it was my mother,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: alex kiddddd.png (11 KB, 525x402) Image search: [Google]
alex kiddddd.png
11 KB, 525x402
Who got you into video games, /v/?

honestly it was my mother, she owned a sega master system when i was small and taught me how to play
>>
>>331513756
Same here. She used to play Phantasy Star on it. That's the earliest I can remember.
>>
>>331513756
My dad let me play DOOM on the ol' windows 95
Then, he found Miniclip and showed me the wonderful world of early 2000s flash gaming

My dad had to take a class on how to use windows 95, man the good old days
>>
>>331513756
Honestly I don't know. Video games have been my passion for as long as I can remember.
>>
I got a hand-me-down Genesis and Sonic 1+Rocket Knight
>>
>>331513756
>>331513859
My masterful nignogs.
I remember having some fun with Atari 2600 games but when I first saw a Master System 2 running Alex Kidd in Miracle World everything changed. Games went from just another toy to the perfect form of entertainment that I wasn't just gonna get over and discard.
>>
>>331513756
are you me?

my mom got me and my sisters gaming with Sega and Alex the kidd. fuck mario.

death to the janken men
>>
File: hcoregamesesh.jpg (736 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
hcoregamesesh.jpg
736 KB, 2448x3264
>>331513756
My dad used to play NES, SNES, and sega genesis. I used to watch him play new super mario world and super mario 3.
He eventually taught me how to play double dragon and new super mario world
Its weird, my dad got me into playing games all those years ago and now he has no fucking idea what is going on in anything i play now.
>>
My mom. Her favorite game franchise is King's Quest. My first game ever was King's Quest VI.
>>
>>331513756
Is your mother also my mother?

Because that's exactly how I got into vidya.

Never did beat Alex Kidd, though.
>>
>>331513756
my mom and dad got me a NES (atleast I think it was an NES, it had the same games but the controller and console looked way different than what I see in all of those LE GURL GAMUR NURRRRD pictures nowadays). my grandpa got me a Windows 3.1 / DOS PC at about the same time or a few years later. It was loaded to the brim with DOS games like Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Another World..

simpler times that.
>>
>>331513756
>>331513859
>>331517271
>>331517663

are you're peoples mothers also the mother of myself because my mother also was an owner of a sega master system console and she used it to play alex kidd, wonderboy and phantasy star on

holy fuck what a world crazy little thing called love
>>
File: lo25qt9ZRO1qlcxl2o1_500.jpg (38 KB, 458x288) Image search: [Google]
lo25qt9ZRO1qlcxl2o1_500.jpg
38 KB, 458x288
>>331517663
>got to the final boss once
>choked and ran out of lives
>never played again
>>
I'm glad i started this thread because now i know that literally everyone and their mother has played alex kidd
>>
File: TRIGGERED.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGERED.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>331518354
>mfw finding out that there was a way to continue after losing all of your lives
>15 years later
>>
File: 1078.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1078.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>331518415
wait what!?
>>
>>331518667
If you have over 800 bucks and hold up, then press button 1 8 times you can continue on the game over screen.
>>
>>331513756
Alex Kidd in Miracle World wasn't the first game I played but it was my first Sega game. Damn, I just love it so much. I don't think that I'll ever be able to forget the music of that game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.