[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. Where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: i simply must know more.jpg (11 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
i simply must know more.jpg
11 KB, 300x240
I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games. Where do I start?
>>
>>331511054
Morrowind
>>
>>331511054
Arena or just play Fallout 4 with only stabbing weapons.
>>
>>331511108
I heard that mods are unreal for the whole franchise. Are there any that are a must? Maybe just to fix bugs a la KOTOR 2?
>>
Oblivion w/ mods
>>
>>331511170
I tried Fallout NV and didn't like it at all.
>>
>>331511246
Then why would you play Elder Scrolls, which since Oblivion is basically the same game?
>>
>>331511424
That's why I haven't played it yet. I kept hearing good things about it though, and then I watched a let's play of the intro to Skyrim and it looked really cool. The setting was really cool to me especially. With Fallout I just didn't like the combat/rpg aspects, how they were implemented. Everything else was cool.

What's different from Morrowind on?
>>
>>331511204
Which mods?
>>
>>331511054
stick your dick into an anthill, same exact experience.
>>
>>331511181
Morrowind graphical overhaul. Look into quest mods later
>>
>>331511054
Don't
>>
>>331512052
Excellent. From Google the graphics look dated so that's good to hear someone's done that already.
>>
>>331511054
Start with Skyrim so it doesn't feel like a letdown after playing Morrowind and Oblivion.
Mod everything of course. Ignore the shitters who think you should have a "vanilla first playthrough"--they're utterly and completely wrong.
>>
>>331513554
Is there a graphic explaining which mods are good/what they are for like Stalker and Bloodlines have? Which ones do I get
>>
>>331513680
I think you should have a vanilla first playthrough. If you want the full experience I recommend grabbing a 1.0 copy of the game somehow and then applying the patches and DLC based on when they released, using the start of your playthrough as the release date. So if you started playing Skyrim right now you'd install the final official patch (1.9.32.0.8) on July 29, 2017, installing the incremental patches as they "released" of course.

This is the only way to experience the game the way you would have if you played at release. It's the way the developers intended. Good luck, anon!
>>
File: hah.jpg (27 KB, 664x229) Image search: [Google]
hah.jpg
27 KB, 664x229
>>331514698
>So if you started playing Skyrim right now you'd install the final official patch (1.9.32.0.8) on July 29, 2017, installing the incremental patches as they "released" of course.

>mfw THE SHEER AUTISM of this post to even consider doing that
>>
>>331514973
He's advising somebody to play Skyrim. You'd have to pretty much be retarded from the get go.
>>
>>331511054
Anon, don't. We have only so much time on this planet. Please use it more wisely than wasting time on bethesdashit
>>
>>331514973
the thumbnail looked like a dog laughing as it fell into a wood chipper. I liked that better
>>
File: Skywind.jpg (45 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Skywind.jpg
45 KB, 512x288
>>331511054

Morrowind,

But you may have already missed the train.
The game hasn't aged well, and the newest release, Skyrim, is a disappointing turd.
>>
>>331514973
>>331515152
I'm just saying that if you want to properly play a game, you need to experience it in the context it released. You could mod and patch it now but then you wouldn't really be playing Skyrim, you'd just be playing 2016's version of Skyrim. It's a new and distinct product with many differences and similarities, and it will forever spoil the game and prevent you from ever from coming to a complete understanding of the actual game. You can disregard this advice if you want. It's your PC and I can't force you to do anything no matter how much I want to. Just know that you'll be missing out on a chance to expand your appreciation of games as a whole. When you lose context, the content itself loses meaning. It's the bane of history.
>>
>>331513680
There're wikis dedicated to it. Check /tesg/. Expect disappointment from skyrim aside from dragonborn DLC and the same from oblivion aside from shivering isles and dark brotherhood.
>>
>>331515852
dude what
>>
>>331516189
Sorry, there was a repeated word in my post that may have made it confusing to read. The part that says:
>prevent you from ever from coming
should have read:
>prevent you from ever coming
Hope that clears it up. I'm not going to delete it and repost the fixed version since that would eliminate context, which is the whole point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>331515764
im losing vision anyways, graphics dont matter that much to me as long as its not isometric/top down

i played bloodlines the other day and was perfectly happy
>>
Morrowind is overrated trash that has aged terribly. Oblivion. Start with oblivion.
>>
>>331518251
good meme
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.