[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically, Microsoft isn't pleased with Xbox One sales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: Satya-Nadella-post-image.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Satya-Nadella-post-image.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
Hypothetically, Microsoft isn't pleased with Xbox One sales and exits the console market. What would happen? Would they just release their future first party games on PC? Or would they sell everything, including their game IPs? Would anybody even buy their Xbox division and continue making consoles?
>>
They're already closing down their studios, I think it's been 8 closed down so far.
>>
>>331507075
Honestly I hope they get out of the console business. I like Halo but hate having to stick with Xbox to play it, I want to go PC only so bad.
>>
Microsoft isn't leaving the console market.
>>
>>331507443
But if they exit there would be no more halo, not even on Xbox
>>
>>331507443
I agree but >>331507954 is correct as well.
>>
>>331507075
You really think they'll go and announce their next xbox and it's features like being upgradable then suddenly leave the market? I've got news for you. Xbox will never leave the market. If anything microsoft are re organising the whole of xbox for a big unveiling at e3.
>>
>>331507648
Microsoft would never allow Sony or whomever to have monopoly over the console space.

You'd have to be completely out of your mind like a neogaf type sony nigger to actually convince yourself of delusional shit like this.
>>
>>331507954
But they could just make it PC exclusive if it's profitable. Also Halo is turning to shit but my autistic desire to play every game in a franchise keeps me from calling it quits with Xbox. Guess that's more of a personal problem though.
>>
Microsoft is turning PC with Windows 10 into an XBOX anyway.

I don't see any problem.
>>
They'll turn PC/Windows 10 into a console and use that to release games on. They're already trying to do it.
>>
>>331508540
Can you imagine what kind of controllers we'd be stuck with if Microsoft left the console space?

It would be whatever gimmicky bullshit Nintendo came up with and whatever way SONY could tone it down enough to avoid copyright infringement.
>>
>>331508919
>Can you imagine what kind of controllers we'd be stuck with if Microsoft left the console space?
The perfectly fine and really good ones we've had for decades that no one ever complained about until children started growing up with the Xbox and demanded that every controller be designed for FPS games first and foremost no matter how much everything else suffers for it?

Yeah, what a horrible dystopian future.
>>
>>331506795
Wait for them to abandon the console race and offer a cloud gaming service. Screencap this shit.
>>
>>331509126
>The perfectly fine and really good ones we've had for decades that no one ever complained about until children started growing up with the Xbox and demanded that every controller be designed for FPS games first and foremost no matter how much everything else suffers for it?
Microsoft has been making PC controllers since before the playstation 1 was a thing, you underage, petulant, opinionated and verbose garbage kid.
>>
>>331508667
>>331508762
No they're not.

Spencer specifically said console gaming and pc gaming are a completely different experience.
And there's not much of an overlap there people should know this by now ffs.
There are people who prefer console and people who prefer PC.

What's so hard to understand?

They're releasing their games on Win10 for people who game on PC.
>>
>>331509241
So the fuck what? No one gave a shit about Microsoft controllers for anything but flight sims until the Xbox came out. They were IRRELEVANT in that market. Just because they existed didn't mean they mattered, you fucking abortion survivor.
>>
File: 45A1Xja.jpg (87 KB, 818x911) Image search: [Google]
45A1Xja.jpg
87 KB, 818x911
>>331506795
SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY
>>
>>331509402
Sounds like someone is getting triggered.
>>
>>331509562
>I have no argument so I'm going to say he's mad, that'll work right?
>>
>>331509396
It's all for the benefit of PC people that's why they're locking their games to their store and not even allowing you access to the files and apparently not even letting devs optimize their games for PC.
>>
>>331509750
I still wonder if it will actually work this time and not turned out like Vista and Gaylo 2.

Seems like the giving Win10 away for free was a huge success for them.
>>
>>331509402
>abortion survivor

Lol someone was in that amd vs nvidia thread the other day
>>
>>331509952
>Seems like the giving Win10 away for free was a huge success for them.
Except for that large gaming contingent that refuses to update to that fucking spyware. It got tons of regular PC users to udate because it was free, but a lot of the enthusiast audience that wpuld be buying games is not there.
>>
>>331510018
I actually wasn't, that's impressive.
>>
They shouldn't leave. They just need to focus on Xbox and PC connectivity.

Imagine halo where PC players and Xbox players can play together. Would be great.
>>
File: file.png (132 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
file.png
132 KB, 512x512
>>331509126
I'm pretty sure a twin stick controller with four face buttons, a D-pad, and four shoulder buttons was purely an MS creation.
>>
>>331510258
Not unless they added keyboard and mouse support for Halo on the Xbox. Keyboard and mouse players would destroy controller players. iirc they already tried that with a 360 game (shadowrun? Idk I never played it) and PC players dominated because of the keyboard and mouse thing.
>>
>>331509750
>locking their games to their store

That's entirely in their right and interest to do so.

The only confusing part is that they want a very strict close platform which is not what PC gaming is all about but they'll probably change their view on this if they want this to be successful.
>>
>>331510646
I was mostly talking about porting the same game over to PC. There wouldn't be any m+KB support.
>>
>>331509952
Windows 10 is not free.

>>331510105
Windows 10 is not spyware.

This "large gaming contingent" who are we talking about here? the subhumans who play dota all day?

I don't think that Microsoft targeted those guys to be the early adopters.
>>
File: win1.jpg (206 KB, 1852x876) Image search: [Google]
win1.jpg
206 KB, 1852x876
>>331511141
>Windows 10 is not free.

Sure thing, Pajeet.
>>
File: file.png (841 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
file.png
841 KB, 895x895
>>331511297
>Halo is on the home screen
>Halo is not on Windows
>>
Test
>>
looking for a game on steam where i can just be alone and explore. please help /v/, feeling down
>>
>>331511297
You actually posted that image to prove what exactly?

Windows 10 is not free.

Windows 10 is a free upgrade for people who already own Windows 7,8 it is not free software.
>>
>>331511537
That's halo assault or halo strike icon, both of those are on steam
>>
>>331511895
Vanishing of ethan carter?
>>
>halo
>on pc

Well you could have one of two things.

1. No crossplay. Walled gardens for everyone. This doesn't do anything except create more borders and split communities further.

2. Crossplay. This will make PC players destroy console gamers every match or, if controllers are enforced, drastically reduce PC sales because buying required peripherals is often out of the interests of many pc gamers.
>>
>>331508605
Confirmed console faggot knowing nothing about PCs, you try to milk an exclusive, the market will crack the fuck out of it.
>>
>>331514076
>cracking DRM-to-the-brim exclusives

Good luck. UWA are not .exe things.
>>
>>331506795
Much I don't care for Xbox and never have, them leaving would not be a good thing.
>>
It would be interwsting if they did get out but they won't.

Everybody in the damn thread forgetting they bought minecraft for $2 billion
>>
>>331508919
>He thinks Nintendo would be around still
Keep dreaming
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.