[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that this game was in development for 11 years. And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Diablo_III_cover.png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_cover.png
122 KB, 255x354
Reminder that this game was in development for 11 years.

And it took 4 years to come out after it was announced.

How was this allowed?
>>
Because of blizzard north meltdown.
>>
Because capitalism. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
>>
Was it really in development for 11 years? I recall the project was essentially scrapped when Blizzard North was dismantled. They didn't even begin developing D3 as we know it now for a long time after that. Most of the remaining development team were scattered along to other projects.
>>
>>331496957
IN DEVELOPMENT FOR 11 YEARS was only a shitty marketing gimmick.

Everyone knew they spent as little time and money possible to make that dried dogshit of a game.
>>
Who gives a shit, that's blizzard wasting money not you/
>>
>>331496559

I played the hell out of it, didn't care and moved on to something else. It's really fun and fuck you if you don't realize that.
>>
>>331497785
>It's really fun and fuck you if you don't realize that.
You do realize that fun is subjective, right? Just because you had fun doesn't mean everyone will.
>>
File: what could have been.jpg (242 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
what could have been.jpg
242 KB, 1024x768
>>331496957
>Was it really in development for 11 years?

blizz north started the game in early 2000s then as we all know everything went to shit and they all left blizzard, that was around 2005. blizzard scrapped everything they did and restarted the project circa 2007 and officially announces it as in development in 2008. this was the version that actually had skill trees and shit (pic related) but that of course was scrapped. the version we know today entered closed beta in 2011 and started invites in late 2011.
>>
>>331496559
It's almost as if video games aren't made by the retarded rules of autistic /v/irgins.

What a terrible world.
>>
>>331498246
That skill tree shit wouldn't have been that great anyway.

Grim Dawn does a much better job of letting people customize characters and PoE system works pretty well too.

D3 is pretty fun now because you can instantly try different builds, which I wish I could have done in D2
>>
File: diablo 3 is a console game.png (100 KB, 1168x499) Image search: [Google]
diablo 3 is a console game.png
100 KB, 1168x499
>>331496559
kek
>>
File: Uvmaq.jpg (156 KB, 723x1436) Image search: [Google]
Uvmaq.jpg
156 KB, 723x1436
>>331496559
>>
>>331496559

it was scrapped a bunch
>>
File: Diablo 3.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Diablo 3.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>331496559
>>
>>331498485
PoE would be great if I didn't feel like I was buying a fucking ring for my build path. I love open-ended stats but holy shit I shouldn't have to do 3 hours of research to even decide on what to play.
>>
>>331496559
Diablo 3 was pretty bad on release but the constant patches and RoS pretty much made it the best game of this genre
>>
titan project was even worse. they spent millions and millions and years and years and it just ended up in the trash with a few tiny scraps used for overwatch.
>>
>>331499447
I'm not a big fan either. You pretty much just look up the skills in the planner and go to them on the grid (in a way to get the stats you want)

I do like the skill gem system and the itemization is pretty good.
>>
File: 1445870039991.jpg (505 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445870039991.jpg
505 KB, 1500x1500
Because ActiBlizzard is populated with nothing but hacks who can't make anything worth a fuck anymore.
>>
>>331498246
I'd actually forgotten about those screenshots. Literally World of Diablocraft.
>>
the frequent braindrains at blizzard post-wow meant they couldn't pull a workable game together.
>>
>>331497946

You played it, right?

Were you crying in your honey bunches of oats the whole fucking time?
>>
>>331496559
Don't know, but it was pretty fun in the end
if you got the game+Xpac for 20€ and played it with a friendon the superior versionthat is to saythe PS4
>>
>>331499658
That was utterly hilarious though
>be owned by activision
>activision wants a wow-type sci-fi mmorpg
>start developing it
>activision buys bungie
>can't have our two subsidiaries competing with each other, so sorry blizzard, cancel that shit.
>destiny comes out
>its shit

basically two developers killed with one game
>>
>>331500625
Isn't it slightly behind on seasons and shit though?
>>
>>331500625
The epitome of shit taste
>>
>>331499658
If only it killed them.
>>
File: dh.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dh.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
>>331500859
Don't know much about how the PC version works. But me and my co-op buddy made fun of our PC friend because he got a bit butthurt we went with the PS4 version and couldn't play with us.

From what I understand from out back and forth conversations, the PS4 has all the same content but no seasons. So no resets.
I think it also has extra feattures like a dogde roll on every character, random gifts to friends when a legendary drops and other small stuff I don't remember. The inventory is by slots (so 1/60) instead of weapons taking up more space than a color dye, for example.

I will say that playing with a controller is much more comfy. vibration gave more impact to some of the attacks, and laying like a sloth on a beanbag while playing for hours on end was fun.

>>331500887
Why is that? I didn't get cucked by buying it on release for full price and no content. It's definitely worth 20€ with the xpac. Got a witch doctor and a demon hunter to GR50+ and each one had 2 complete sets (managed to have a 6 set and 4 set bonus at the same time on the demon hunter)
That price for a couple of weeks of fun is nothing. Fire & forget game, no need to be autistic over tastes, is there?
>>
>>331496559
because it went through 2 engines, 1 studio meltdown and multiple design changes.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.