[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg (73 KB, 334x468) Image search: [Google]
Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg
73 KB, 334x468
Aside from tiny disc, I can't even think of anything else. Pretty much a perfect game.
>>
Game does not get you high.
>>
>>331483860
it was pretty bland, IMO.
>>
>>331483860
SMALL
>>
>>331484181
GAMECUBE
>>
>>331483860
Too fucking expensive.
>>
>>331484445
DISKS
>>
>>331483860
the gameplay is about as involving as a powerpoint project.
>>
>>331483860
I didn't get to experience many of the sanity effects because I was always able to heal my sanity to full. Game should have been harder.
>>
>>331483860
It wasn't scary at all
Seriously you have to be bad at the game to even get decent thrills and the scariest thing in the game is a fucking jumpscare
>>
Xel'lotath >Ulyaoth>Chattur'gha
>>
>>331483860
you cna get stuck in a game breaking loop where you have no regen left and ure at a boss that has bleed effect...
>>
>>331486001
where?
>>
Sanity should have been handled differently. As is, you have to go out of your way to see any of the sanity effects because it is trivially easy to keep your sanity maxed out.

The final battle was also a bit of a letdown in terms of gameplay. They did a good job of building up the villain, but in the final showdown he spends most of his time awkwardly trying to hit you with a club.
>>
File: Pious Augustus.png (307 KB, 574x543) Image search: [Google]
Pious Augustus.png
307 KB, 574x543
>>331486298
If Nintendo ever makes a remake I want the Pious battle to be different depending on the route
>Aeons have passed since then, and I have learned much. Chattur’gha’s power filled me, invigorating my dead body. With a touch, I could level buildings, rend the ground asunder, and channel power such as mortal men could only dream… Face me, and you shall surely perish!
>Aeons have passed since then, and I have learned much. All at once, I understood. The forces of the multiverse all made sense under the transcending power of Ulyaoth. No mountain too high, no city too far. Face me, and you shall surely perish!
>Aeons have passed since then, and I have learned much. I was once as naive as a child, but now my mind is sharp. With the power of Xel’lotath, I can now read the thoughts of others and make them raving mad with a mere suggestion. Face me, and you shall surely perish!
>>
>>331483860

>What went wrong?

Sanity effects were a non factor unless you intentionally played like shit to see most of them and even then you'd be anticipating them so they wouldn't really be frightening. They only legit spook I ran into was the bathtub jumpscare for how sudden it was.
The melee combat was sluggish and dull and was completely nullified when you got semi auto weapons.
Biggest gripe is that the overall atmosphere of the game was all over the place, I was never really uncomfortable or uneasy the entire game. I felt more like I was playing an early adventure game with low lighting featuring H.P. Lovecraft.

Still a fun game though.
>>
File: Dyack.jpg (1 MB, 1024x854) Image search: [Google]
Dyack.jpg
1 MB, 1024x854
>>331483860
Didn't sell enough for Nintendo
Now it's screwed due to trademark reasons expiring despite it can easily be saved with a Mario Maker costume or something.
Denis Dyack is also a hack who can't be trusted with a quality product and is only good when there is a watchful eye on him.
Shadows of the Eternals didn't get funded and one of the writers of the original game got charged with CP.
So with all that and Nintendo wanting nothing to do with it despite potentially losing the trademark this year if they don't do anything a lot went wrong
>>
>>331488102
Did Silicon Knights make any good games aside from Eternal Darkness and Twin Snakes?
>>
>>331488270
I heard good things about Blood Omen
>>
>>331483860
Lame o graphics
Shit combat
>>
>>331488475
The reason why it's like that is because it began as a N64 game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSD9iG7hdUQ
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.