[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point playing through MGSV did you realize that something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 1191x670
At what point playing through MGSV did you realize that something was off?
>>
>>331461598
I knew something was off from the moment I played it, but my god, the dramatic decrease in enjoyment I had playing the game as soon as mission 28 hit, was incredible. I don't think any game has let me down as hard as that yet.

Thankfully it redeemed itself a little with 30. Then went promptly back to heavy disappointment.
>>
I think I was playing the mission where you need to get that Honey-Bee launcher or whatever, and I started to feel a bit chilly. Realized I forgot to turn on the heater.
>>
>>331461598

When I saw "TO BE CONTINUED" in the middle of an action-packed cutscene.
>>
In ground zeroes when the medic starts talking.
>>
pretty early. that mission where you save Huey from the base and it has the AI pod of the boss and she says; "Jack?, no your not him" or something like that.
>>
>>331461846
That was actually pretty funny and one of the few times the game actually felt anything close to Metal Gear in its own way.
>>
When I realized I never went inside a building entirely in Afghanistan.
>>
>>331461598
during the introduction part
I didn't fucking understand any of it. "the boss also known as naked snake also known as jack also known as metal gear" I mean WTF
>>
File: mgs5trash.jpg (201 KB, 894x573) Image search: [Google]
mgs5trash.jpg
201 KB, 894x573
>>331461598

In 2013, after this statement about the cutscenes. I told you it would be shit, but you didn't believe me.
>>
>>331461598
First part, the tutorial, it was obvious some shenanigans were going on and we weren't playing BB (specifically the part where Ishmael fixes Venom's bone and tells him to do it himself next time)
>>
When I was doing the same thing over and over and over again and the were no interesting characters or boss battles.
>>
>>331462028
You did though to rescue Huey.
>>
Act 2 pissed me off

it should've just functioned as an epilogue without all the filler, and not pretend it was an entire fucking new plotline that was starting - especially since the story wasn't finished
>>
>>331462443
>Responding to bait
You literally go in buildings in the first mission Einstein.
>>
>>331462443

Which was like what, half of a hanger? Either way I was sick of everything being ouside. Open world sucked.
>>
>>331461598

Ishmael having the same voice than Ahab
>>
Mission 19 I think it was, the mission where you had to kill/extract someone called the Major, the reason you do it is because apparently he knows something critical related to cipher.

If you extract him kaz finds out he was just faking it, and knows nothing, kaz promptly says 'oh well, mission complete'

At that point I realized the story hadnt gone anywhere since I rescued huey, and it was mostly just pointless filler that easily could have been side missions
>>
>>331462549

This.

You're never inside of building peeking through corners, you never truly feel like you're behind enemy lines, no classic escape mission, guards will very easily forget about you if you just run and circle around. Open world ruined this game.
>>
The fifth time I was told to extract some random thing because "it will totally lead us to Cipher this time!"
>>
>>331462270
This.
>>
>had a dream last night Konami had hired Hayter to voice Solid Snake in a new MGS game
>he was in a jungle fighting ninjas
>woke up

damn
>>
>>331461598
When the bosses pod said "it's not you is it?"
>>
>le MGS5 was a bad game maymay
Witcherfags and Bethesdrones should be gassed
>>
>>331461598
The episodic nature of the game and how the game just feels like different pieces tapped together. Some of the missions aren't interesting at all and just serve to trigger a cutscene in the game end of the mission. There were main missions that were more boring than side ops
>>
>>331461598
when i finally got a cutscene after doing 10 rehashed missions.
>>
>>331461598
mission 20
>>
>>331462184

>abloo abloo it isn't muh c-grade wannabe anime movie anymore and it's actually trying to be a video game :((((((
>>
>>331463029

No one in this thread has mention the Witcher and to be honest 3 isn't as good as everybody makes it out to be. Not everything needs to be Open World.
>>
>>331463029
All 3 are shit games tho bro
>>
>>331463257
>Not everything needs to be Open World
He says, as he posts in a thread about an open world game.
>>
>>331463029
>Witcherfags
>Bethesdrones
>le my game is better than your game le stay mad le pleb
>>
Le unpopular opinion incoming!!!1!11

MGSV sucked donkey balls
>>
>>331463787
fuck off plebbitard
>>
The moment the game dropped me in arid, boring and dull Afganisthan after that cool as shit Prologue.
>>
>>331462953
>Wanting Hayter back.

No thanks, that guy's name is completely tarnished after he acted like a fucking baby over getting dropped for an actual actor that was probably cheaper than him anyway.

I'd take that alcholic hasbeen any day of the week.
>>
>>331461598
The honeybee mission
>>
>>331461598

Repeat missions.
>>
File: 1441292566114.jpg (47 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1441292566114.jpg
47 KB, 500x420
>>331461598
When I just ran to the right of the camp back and forth to save Miller
I expected SOMETHING to happen when you start carrying him, some music or whatever, new enemy patterns, or at least the obvious as hell easy right path being blocked off somehow to get you to exfiltrate the camp through the longest route etc

THERE WAS NOTHING
LEVEL DESIGN WHAT IS THIS AGAIN??? HURRRRRRRRRRRR OPEN WORLD! CUZ MURRICA DOES IT!
FUCK YOU KOJIMA

I though this clearly set the tone for the rest of game then, I was fucking right
>>
>>331464965
Want the real kicker?
Change the landing zone, and you will not encounter the skulls.
>>
>>331464965
Pretty much this. Almost immediately I realized this game was going to be just like every other open world game.

I still had fun with it, but it felt off from the start.
>>
>>331462184
>because you will be exploring
Tell me lies.
>>
Just after the mission where skullface dies. Chapter 2 started and realized that this was literally it, the story was going nowhere, and the levels and missions weren't going to get any more interesting. We should've seen it coming after peace walker, I don't know why people insist that it's a good game
>>
>>331461598

When I was brought back to Mother Base and Kaz/Ocelot made a point of mentioning that they'll need to expand in order to track down XOF and Skullface, then a GMP number appeared and I knew the game was "off"
>>
>>331465282
Nothing wrong with that. Rewards the player for thinking for themselves.

Why do that though when you can just do this?
https://youtu.be/bhsmlHtsPgg?t=4m54s
>>
I never did. It's the best MGS game no question.
>>
>>331467663
Man the Skulls were such a cool idea just completely squandered.
>>
>>331462860
>the whole concept of MGS5 is open world stealth
>people are whining that MGS5 has too much open world stealth
Really now
>>
>>331468108
With some tighter level design they'd have been fun to sneak around. I like the idea of an enemy that just sort of knows where you are in a stealth game. Made scenes with them pretty tense. When I saw scenes I just mean the three times you can sneak them. Three times and one of those times it's just a generic sniper AI except they move once you get to a certain point...
>>
>>331468125
But there's no open world stealth.Too big space too few guards.Also "hard" should be default, the guards are blind and retarded.
>>
>>331468664
Turn off reflex mode, take off sneaking came and we'll see how retarded they are.
>>
>>331469280
They can only spot you 10 meters away regardless.
>>
Mission 46
>>
When Chapter 2 hit and the heavy grinding and repeating missions started happening, fuck that game.
MGO is also trash
>>
All the silence from Snake. The lack of codec.
The boring Ocelot.
>>
>>331461598
>At what point playing through MGSV did you realize that something was off?

the jeep ride. when skull face just stops talking and it plays sins of the father for the no reason you could feel yourself cross the dotted "cut here" line and it was blatantly obvious it was the part where the fired kojima.
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27 KB, 645x773
>>331461598
How were you supposed to notice that something was off after MGS4 and MGS2, which both had such retarded writing that literally nothing would be surprising anymore?
>>
File: image.png (357 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
image.png
357 KB, 600x660
>>331469682
The moment I heard MGO3 would be made by Konami LA and not by japs I knew it would be utter trash
>>
>>331469893
Because the retarded writing wasn't there.
It was a bland as fuck story with just as bland characters.
>>
>>331469918
I'm curious, are there even people still playing that shit?
>>
I knew it from the open world announcement. Then someone I work with convinced me it was actually good. And I guess it was ok. Just like a bunch of VR missions I guess. Same thing over and over. Story was shut, overall presentation and pacing were awful. Corridors are miles better.
>>
>>331461598
the fact 20 years have passed after MGS3 and Snake still looks modestly young despite pushing 50.
>>
File: image.png (7 KB, 279x223) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 279x223
>>331469746
I still can't believe how they managed to make Ocelot so dull character.
>>
>>331462591
this
>>
>>331467127
Because despite it having a bad story it's still a good game anon.
>>
>>331470020
Just tried it for the first time after the DLC and I loved it. No idea why people hate it, stealthy modes like Bounty Hunter are awesome. When both teams are just crawling around for the entire match that's when you know the shit is going down. Haven't played MGO1 and 2 though, so can't compare. And lag is horrible here, that much is true.
>>
>>331461598
where is that picture from?

please tell me thats not more cut content, Venom looks badass with white hair
>>
>>331469776
The jeep ride was just awful, I mean no more than a minute in I turned on the radio on speaker and stopped listening to the dude ramble on about whatever bullshit motivated him.

The motivations of a character are interesting when you can influence them, or they can influence you. When it's nothing but asinine justifications after the fact, don't bother.
>>
>>331470432
>Haven't played MGO1 and 2
That's probably why you like it
>>
>>331463029
mgsv wasnt a bad game.
But naming the game MGSV was a bad choise.
It's just a HD high budget remake of Peace Walker, which was a fine game as a casual portable sidegame
>>
>>331470521
>no more than a minute in I turned on the radio on speaker and stopped listening to the dude
You sound like a massive MGS fan.
>>
>>331461598
Literally "The Phantom Pain" trailer, along with everyone else. We all knew that we would be playing as some clone or something of BB. Though we held out hopes that it would just be BB going crazy and having hallucinations instead.
>>
>>331470020
I don't know about consoles, just checked earlier today on PC and there were few almost full servers
>>
I hated it, but thinking back my feelings have changed. It was still a great game, he just seems to have gone out of his way to address peoples issues with mgs4, to the point where it lost its identity.

It also almost feels like he knew Konami would keep going, and "killing" the spirit of MGS, making it more like an AAA asscreed type game, and doing it himself was his way of letting go. Like he at least wanted some part in how the series would be presented from here on.
>>
>>331470564
They have really done a nice job fixing alot of the problems and sabotage is actually fun to play
>>
>>331470624
That's a stupid opinion to have. Peace Walker is a piece of shit compared to MGS5. Tiny levels, very few options in gameplay, bullet sponge enemies, bosses that are even shittier than the Skulls and story that's clearly made for kids who are playing their first MGS.
>>
When Kojima fucking wasted Kiefer's talent to satisfy his boner for Mad Max

Fuck you Kojima, Snake is not Mad Max, Fuck off.

I'm legitimately surprised you're allowed anywhere near the video game industry again after such a fucking mess of a project
>>
>>331461598
When Snake was saying fucking nothing of even slight interest except for stupid questions and "muh anger"
>>
>>331470048
Although for the record, the prologue is possibly the worst part of any AAA game I've ever played.
>>
>>331470020
They had the big update with the DLC release that fixed a lot of things and added the gamemode sabotage which is the best mode and for me on ps3 I find a full game of that whenever I queue for it
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>331461598
Everything after the Devils House. It was there where I felt the cracks really started to show. That's also when Eli challenges you to a duel for no fucking reason and when the rehashed "Story" missions really start popping up.
>>
>>331470898
Can we all just admit that Kojima is a massive hack and the George Lucas of video games?

He clearly had massive help with MGS 1, 2 and 3, since 4 was completely in his control and it was garbage

If I remember correctly there was a co-writer that left after 3 that clearly must have been doing the heavy lifting
>>
>>331461598
When I noticed that enemies weren't noticing the same level of shit that they would in MGS2. Eliminating an entire camp didn't to alert any kind of HQ that there were 0 status reports coming in, let alone soldiers being shipped there already as part of their route not noticing the people they were meant to be meeting weren't there. Same goes for destroying comms and such. From there on, I noticed more and more that the game didn't try to keep you on your toes as much as previous entries. Sure there were enemies equipping helmets and such, but no camps ever seemed to make it a station-wide standard, and there never seemed to be any of the Heavy Enemies in high alert clearing raids.

MGS2 and MGS3 always had 30 different ways you can change the situation for better or worse, and repercussions for just about every single one of them. Want to starve the enemy? You gotta cause a huge explosion. You want to use the delivery system? You're going to need to know what box, avoid detection getting on the track, and possibly wander into an area of a strut you haven't entered before. Want to disrupt the enemy comms? You're going to need to find which enemy, spot his radio, waste precious suppressor durability, and make sure to use a tranq all to avoid any kind of alert.

MGSV never made it feel like loud explosive measures were particularly worth it against silenced ones, and enemies never fully combated the player's measures to keep hidden. When I cleared out a camp, their comm station, their generator, and still didn't get any kind of "You're late with your report, what's wrong?" on the radio, that's when I knew I was in for a B grade MGS game instead of an A grade one.
>>
File: 1388871538745.png (19 KB, 120x187) Image search: [Google]
1388871538745.png
19 KB, 120x187
>>331469746
>Ocelot doesn't even use revolvers
>gives you a fucking shotgun instead of an SAA

I knew then, including your points, that this wasn't Metal Gear.
>>
>>331471062
Completely agree, though for some reason the idea of fukushima being the real mind behind mgs has become a meme
>>
>>331471062
Please stop with this stupid maymay. No, Fukushima didn't write the good bits of the story in 1 and 2. He wrote Ghost Babel, he's just another animu loving nip who can't write for shit.
>>
>>331461598
I know a lot of people had a different experience but here is when it hit me.
>Skullface is dead
>Well I guess I beat the game
>NOPE. THAT WAS ONLY PART 1
>Oh my god this is such a nice surprise
>HERE IS PART 2
>YOU READY?

Then Part 2 never came. I just was replaying old missions and new cutscenes came up. The few new missions weren't interesting or creative. The Quiet Mission was okay, I guess. The replaying of the tutorial with the twist was meh.
>>
When Ocelot said that Boss's language must've been effected by the shards in his head.

Then it hit me, there is no way that those shards are near his hippocampus/broca's area. Something's fucky...
>>
File: 1428703238738.jpg (141 KB, 1000x591) Image search: [Google]
1428703238738.jpg
141 KB, 1000x591
>>331471109
>When I cleared out a camp, their comm station, their generator, and still didn't get any kind of "You're late with your report, what's wrong?" on the radio, that's when I knew I was in for a B grade MGS game instead of an A grade one.
So you made some fun things and then you are suddenly punished because HQ wants their report. It sounds ok on paper, but it would be annoying as fuck, leaving no choice but total stealth.
>>
>>331471109
>tfw there's not even an animation for a guy waking up in a vehicle
>if somebody inspects them they just fall out suddenly
>>
When I noticed any mission was the same mission
What a wasted gameplay system with such a stupid level design
>>
>>331461598
With the "Venom Snake" not being Big Boss and the Kojima kicked.
>>
>>331471350
This is such a small thing to bitch over holy shit lol Since when were MGS fans such fucking emo faggots, o man It wasn't a true mgs and shit like that I see you people crying like every time the game gets discussed
>>
>>331461598
I spoiled the twist for myself before playing. Glad I did now. Had time to accept it and enjoy the game a bit more
>>
>>331471732
>Character doesn't get iconic weapon
>Hurrr cry morrre emo fag
Fuck you're thick
>>
File: 1444458890690.jpg (145 KB, 499x366) Image search: [Google]
1444458890690.jpg
145 KB, 499x366
When I found DD in the desert just by landing there. He was just there, waiting. How fucking hard would it be to put a dead mama wolf carcass next to him like in the gameplay videos?
And then the cracks in the wall just kept on coming, Culminating in that fucking jeep ride.
>>
>>331471732
2/10 I replied.
>>
>>331461598
When the allegedly "Nuclear, Wild, Breaking Up Inside" Punished "Venom" Snake became a Demon by saving children and animals and going out of his way not to hurt anyone.
>>
>>331471684
It's just too deep for you. Every mission has something that makes it unique, you just played it like a retard. For example, in Honey Bee you're supposed to follow the enemies with the prisoner inside the cave, crawling around between enemy patrols and finding alternative paths in the cave to remain hidden. But I bet that most people just ran right into the caves, stumbled about a lot, acted like retards and went "boo hoo another mission where I just infiltrate a camp and reach point B".
>>
>>331471862
Every time the game is brought up people just talk about stupid shit like that and cry about it its amazing. WAHHH the game didn't do the same shit that got 4 ripped apart. Thats why that shit isn't in their he got fucking destroyed for making 4 just blatant fan service so he left that shit out of V and you fags still fucking cry
>>
>>331471590
>It sounds ok on paper
Literally something from MGS2 kiddo
>>
>>331472015
>The game is bad because they used a different kind of gun from the other games in the series.

You people will really cry over anything
>>
>>331472023
You never infiltrate camps: 90% of the time you're in open fields, and in the other 9% the interior is so vast and empty it's the same thing anyway
>>
>>331472038
But your comparison and the complaint about ocelot do no relate in any way. Stop getting ass ravaged by little things from people of the internet
>>
>>331472072
unfortunately this is not mgs2
>>
>>331472023
>You're surpossed
Stopped there. Every gameplay trailer prompted the player to find their own way to solve a mission
>>
File: 600px-MGSV_URAGAN_Ocelot_1.jpg (53 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
600px-MGSV_URAGAN_Ocelot_1.jpg
53 KB, 600x338
>>331471862
That's a revolver he's using though
>>
File: 1458242024991.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1458242024991.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
>>331470839
>Peace Walker is a piece of shit compared to MGS5
>>
>>331469398
have you played any metal gear game ever before V?
>>
>>331472178
>MGS3 made a big point about Ocelot changing to revolvers
>people are still spouting quotes from it
>LOL CHARACTERIZATION DOESN'T MATTER

And this is why bland as fuck games like GTAV exist. Apologists like you willing to bend over and take anything they give you.
>>
>>331472305
Yes, the game allows you to play any way you want. But if you're the sort of person who ends up whining about the fact that you don't like playing it your own way, maybe you should stick to doing what Ocelot and Kaz recommend you to do.
>>
>>331472457
Yes. Are you saying Metal Gear should never have good stealth because past games didn't?
>>
>>331472340
I think he ment to say the bandolier. He also barely uses them in sp. But 2 times if I recall. Very dissapointing for a character who usually is twirling the things ever 5 minutes.
Biggest thing that pissed me off with Ocelot is that I couldn't play as him for that shitty "KGB grunts will see me!" Excuse
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 320x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 320x249
>WHOOOOAAAOOOOAAAAAA!

What a fucking crock. They wanted to make some Snake Eater moment and made it the most cringeworthy shit. Wasting that song on that keep ride should be illegal.
>>
>>331470624
what's wrong with calling it MGSV?
It's not like they called it MGS5 and claimed it wasn't a spin-off or anything :^)
>>
I think it was when I was playing through and I realized there was no proper Bosses..

Or when I did the first few missions then got back to the chopper and 4 or 5 new main missions were unlocked that had absolutely no relevance to MGS Lore..

>Rescue Malak
Who TF is Malak in the MGS Universe.
>Eliminate some Commie Commanders
Ok.. But I'm Big Boss not a random Grunt
>Take Out the Comms System
Can we not just do a airstrike or pull a plug somewhere?
>>
I've been playing the shit out of Ground Zeroes, trying to 100% it before I get TPP.

I'm still pretty hyped
>>
>>331472429
Overall experience, he's right. Only thing PW beats V in is story and PW story is a pretty sub par MGS story.
>>
>>331469746
God this so much.

I get that people wanted less cutscenes, but then Kojima just took all of the character out of it. I could never tell if it was Ocelot or the other dude (so memorable) talking on the comms.

Also no bosses!
>>
>>331472504
He literally is using a revolver, how are you this retarded, son?
>>
File: 1443987314833.jpg (75 KB, 480x361) Image search: [Google]
1443987314833.jpg
75 KB, 480x361
>>331472072
>more guards from HQ arrive at the scene in the car
>they have to check the whole camp to find nothing because you ran away since this is an open world game
?
>>
The first thing that turned me off was the arrival in Afganistan. Snake didn't respond to Ocelot's dialogue and this silence felt extremely forced. I even restarted the game to check if it was a glitch or something like that.

Until Chapter 2 everything was awesome, even unneccessary missions weren't a bad thing. When Chapter 1 ended I thought "that was nice for 1/3 of the game".

Oh and I didn't notice that Ishmael has the same voice as Ahab.
>>
>>331472504
See you haven't played the game because he gives you one of the fucking guns from 3 in a huge call back scene, he gives you the old gun he had with all the carvings on it and they totally discuss what you are talking about. Sorry you are to dense or missed the scene, but its fucking there cry baby.

Stop following the hive mind saying the game is shit when you probably played a few hours or watched someone stream it.
>>
Playing MGS1.

I realized it was a game more about a fucking story than an actual game.

And then I started wondering why the fuck idiot new gamers were falling for this bullshit so much to the point where gaming became all story non-games instead of real gaming.

Mid-90s really killed gaming.
>>
>>331461598
When there was nothing to do at MB
>>
File: image.png (224 KB, 626x589) Image search: [Google]
image.png
224 KB, 626x589
>>331472735
Anon... I appreciate your dedication. But for you sanity, I can tell you there is nothing but bitter disappointment for you down that road.
>>
File: revolver 'cheekyboi' ocelot.jpg (247 KB, 800x1801) Image search: [Google]
revolver 'cheekyboi' ocelot.jpg
247 KB, 800x1801
>>331472581
>>331472340
>>331471862
>>331471732
>>331471350
>>331469746
>REVOLVER ocelot doesn't spin his revolver once
>>
>tfw you experienced as much excitement as your body was physically capable of when you booted up the game and heard The Man Who Sold the World, and realized "holy shit, it's actually MGSV, I actually get to play it and finally see what happens"
>bitter disappointment set in by mission 6
I want my smile back.
>>
File: 1452888447533.png (194 KB, 460x558) Image search: [Google]
1452888447533.png
194 KB, 460x558
>>331472793
>those frankengun abominations
>revolvers
please
>>
>>331472994
Correct
>>
>>331463531
A thread that opened with the premise of something being wrong with said open world game. You shouldn't try to act clever when you're this stupid.
>>
>>331472963
I thought you got some good stuff if you 100% GZ. I really like the game and it runs and looks amazing on my admittedly shitty PC. It is getting kinda old doing the same stories over and over.
>>
>>331473047
Why did he change them?
Why does he only have 2?
Why did he change back to SAA in 1&2?!
>>
>>331461598
When I was like 20 missions in and that only things that happened was getting Quiet and getting Huey.
Hardly any cutscenes where much happened.
Got bored.
Quit.
I un-ironically play the MGS series for the 15min+ cutscenes, but most story is in the cassettes, which I don't wanna sit there and listen.
I wanna watch the characters interact and do stuff, not listen to two guys talking in a room.
Although I heard Venom talk in the tapes more than in cutscenes.
>>
>>331461598
When I realized that KojiPro and Konami were having a fallout, I figured it might have impacted the way the game was developed. Between stuff in the trailers (such as the burned village and downed helicopter) being nothing more than fluff, the amount it was taking to produce the game, the time, the fallout, I knew something would drastically impact the game and it shows.

I don't hate the game by any means, but it is severely flawed and it's a shame that Kojima probably wasn't given more time and money to truly see what he wanted, because the parts of it that are clearly finished have ridiculous promise. However the problems also rest on Kojima, considering he had 80 mil and years to make it and we got what we got.

I think all around that power struggle was taking place far longer than we had initially thought and it caused everything to be turned into a clusterfuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 240x200
>>331473023
That moment when they called Medic Ahab, I misheard it as Abraham during my hype. I expected some huge biblical reference of all mercenaries being Big Boss' children.

Oh how I was wrong.
>>
>>331473214
Because he didn't want to use his real gun while serving fake BB. There, I fixed your headcanon
>>
>>331473232
They ahould have done them like security footage
>>
>>331472793
>not glorious SAA, the guns Ocelot was actually in love with

Dismissed

>>331472845
>because he gives you one of the fucking guns from 3 in a huge call back scene, he gives you the old gun he had with all the carvings on it and they totally discuss what you are talking about

Source? because I encountered no such thing in V.

>>331472994
>he actually stops torture

That's not Ocelot. Must be another medic.
>>
>>331471379
Then why the fuck did the series start breaking all its own rules from 4 onwards?

All the brilliant design choices started getting thrown out the window one by one
>>
>>331473232
As someone who sat through all the tapes drinking coffee since listening them while you do stuff is basically impossible, I can tell youthe only tapes worth it are the Zero ones
>>
>>331463215

Here's the problem:

Its not a good videogame. And the other games that had lots of skippable cutscenes WERE good videogames.

MGSV is a repetitive, empty, barren turd. Even if we were to judge it on gameplay alone, its an utter piece of fuck.
>>
>>331461598
Well, considering Big Boss had a real hand in MGS4 it was kind of a tip-off.
>>
>>331472807
>more guards from HQ arrive at the scene in the car
>they check the camp and find the bodies
>mysterious assailant not found
>alert is sent to nearby outposts that the infiltrator might be in the area
>nearby outposts have increased numbers of traps and such to detect you
>more guards patrolling between outposts in order to catch you and to find if an outpost is going dark
>infiltrating many camps in a wide areas over the course of many days in a row means increased security the map over

If they put as much effort into MGS2 as they did in MGSV for consequences, then it would be a more coherent stealth open world game
>>
>>331473371
Oh god no you didn't. Stop there friend
>>
>>331473214
Because licensing real guns was too expensive for Kikenami
>>
Ishmael's lines were awkward enough to be very obviously implying something was up. Stuff like "I'm here to rescue big boss and you". And the fact that he was clearly voiced by Kiefer Sutherland. I purposefully avoided all the hype leading up to release but still caught on immediately, and I understand it was a popular fan theory. How the fuck didn't they expect people to get it right away? And then they save the reveal till the very end with no actual payoff or purpose beyond fixing up a plot hole in an earlier game. What a mess.
>>
File: mateba-2006m.jpg (104 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
mateba-2006m.jpg
104 KB, 660x371
>>331473047
>>
>>331473443

*except MGS4

But that should be obvious.
>>
Not far into the game. The dialogue started becoming shorter and shorter, Venom started saying single words and nothing more.

Open-world became more and more boring, and I dropped the game shortly after reaching Africa.
>>
When I found out real world money and business got in the way, people who had high hopes for the game after knowing that Konami was going to cut stuff and make the game they could release on budget and not the game kojima wanted hence why they removed his name it wasn't his game.

Only kids who don't understand the real world and business didn't see the game coming out like this.
>>
>>331473413
What the hell are you on about? Every MGS does everything differently, that's the point of MGS.
>>
>>331473513
They still used the gun models though. Could of just called them AAS
>>
>>331473443
Sorry but the gameplay is fantastic
>>
>>331472793
To be fair and against your point, that was for Metal Gear Online, hardly has anything to do with what characters do in the story
>>
>>331473490

>None of it matters because MGSV guards are easily destroyed or stealthed past
>Unlike in MGS2 where guards will rape your face on European Extreme

If they put as much effort into MGSV as they did in MGS2 for consequences, then it would be an actually engaging videogame.
>>
>>331473459
Big Boss could have had less of a real body than Raiden at that point, considering that they rebuilt him from pieces of crispy Solidus and waterlogged Liquid.
>>
File: 1457030793930.jpg (50 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
1457030793930.jpg
50 KB, 576x416
>everything about eli
>sally being shit fights every time
>missions repeating themselves almost instantly
>grinding for no real reason
>nothing to do at mother base
>only two or three real bosses
>only two or three interesting bases to infiltrate
>instead of difficulty settings for missions, they just copy/paste them as new missions with minor variations
>only ruse in the game is obvious in GZ
>GZ is literally a much better game than V
>no enemy team of super soldier bosses
>enemy super soldiers are boring as shit to fight
>you don't even fight snake at the end
This game had some good elements, but goddamn there were so many fuckups
>>
>>331473549
>The Mateba 2006M
>Year of Introduction: 1990
disregarded
>>
>>331467663
Fucking Brilliant
>>
>>331473490
2 has a fraction of the level content
>>
>>331461864
This

Why did kojima put that in so early, everyone knew instantly that you werent playing as big boss
>>
>>331473402
He doesn't give it snake in the scene but you get it in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4steQcppeKA
>>
>>331473413
Because fans demanded explanations to things that never needed explanations, so Kojima took the easy route off and used Nanomachines to the best he could to try and write about things and give the supernatural a meaning, which he eventually had to explain the use of superpowers in MGSV knowing that fans would be freaking out, so he did proto-nanomachines, nanomachines before the army and tech, which were just parasites.

When Japanese people see someone going "Why is Vamp still alive? How come he doesn't die?" they want to try and explain it and ease up the audience, even if the audience loved the supernatural and paranormal stuff in MGS, there were tons of "I hope X or Y gets explained!".
>>
>>331461598
When Snake would respond to events with "Fine" or "Whatever".
>>
>>331473802
2 has a fraction of the area space, but immensely more level content than MGSV
>>
File: 1456620242341.jpg (389 KB, 680x881) Image search: [Google]
1456620242341.jpg
389 KB, 680x881
>>331473715

>teleporting D horse and D walker
>ubisoft collectathon shit
>R&D timers
>empty open world
>worst bosses in the series except for maybe compared to Peace Walker
>levels not as intricate or well designed as the $40 demo Ground Zeroes
>almost no interactivity on Mother Base
>fantastic gameplay
>>
File: 1447104659364.jpg (36 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
1447104659364.jpg
36 KB, 337x337
>>331472254
2's guard ai was GOAT
>mfw they started clearing rooms
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x389
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1000x563
when i first saw this title screen i genuinely thought i was about to play the best game ever made

>tfw it turned out to be the 4th best game ive ever played but thats just me
>>
>>331473459
he was wearing gloves in mgs4
only thing different between him and V is the horn
>>
>>331473795
Not that anon, but it actually is the gun Ocelot uses in MGSV. You've got to remember that tech is weird in MGS and that not everything matches up perfectly.

I mean MGSV talks about how nukes are disbanded to fit in with MG1/2, which is why Outer Heaven/Zanzibar Land were such threats, which ended up being retconned with MGS1 by having actual history, which is now retconned again by MGSV to try and fit in with MG1/2.
>>
File: 1450297371571.jpg (161 KB, 1200x649) Image search: [Google]
1450297371571.jpg
161 KB, 1200x649
>>331474009
it worked only because guards came in literally seconds
>>
>>331474137

This game was bad, Anon.
What kind of game is even your 1st?
>>
File: 1435758108139.jpg (26 KB, 327x354) Image search: [Google]
1435758108139.jpg
26 KB, 327x354
>Venom wasn't even Decoy Octopus
>No Sniper Wolf to be seen
>Grey Fox and Naomi are in some other part of Africa probably broing it up with the real Big Boss
Kojima fucking loves reusing characters and yet for some reason the one time where it would have been cool and everybody expected it, he didn't bother.
>>
>>331474002
Why would you not want d horse and d walker to teleport to where you are, it would be a fucking nuisance otherwise

>inb4 muh realism
>>
Around the Honey Bee mission seems about right.

Introducing the retarded mission intros that spoiled everything that's going to happen, slowly seeping in realization that the level design is practically non-existent when compared to the previous games, Snake being a fucking mute, no intrigue to the plot whatsoever, etc.

After that came shit like Eli or Huey or the parasites and Kojima farting in my face slowly transformed into him straight up defecating right in front of my eyes.
>>
>>331474002
Nice cherry picking and opinion. R&d would be stupid if it was instant, why wouldnt you want to have horse and walker teleport, half the game is about planning your approach and takes place in a desert full of side op locations, gz is mostly padded and basically one outpost and guard outposts smushed together, mb is meant to be chill
>>
>>331474247
Jet set radio senpai
>>
File: Venom and Big Boss Outer Heaven.jpg (969 KB, 810x5468) Image search: [Google]
Venom and Big Boss Outer Heaven.jpg
969 KB, 810x5468
>yfw this could have been the end of MGSV as the Theme of Tara begins playing and then it switches over to Big Boss in Zanzibar Land as MGS5 flashes across the screen
>>
>>331474253
After the heat he got for bringing characters back in 4 why would he?
>>
>>331474253
All he had to do was fill the gap. It was an easy thing. But his too fucking stupid to realise that. He is too up his ass about making a movie experience. Guy is a hack
>>
>>331470624
If it's a high budget remake then why does it do everything worse, aside from the graphics and core controls?
>>
After doing the same shit ten times over and over in Africa I realized this game wasn't that great. Doesn't help I was doing some supposedly important mission that would lead us to Cipher and instead we got more "Oh false trail lol btw he's joining us".
>>
>>331474432
This, and always will be, my mgsv ending. I don't fucking care if its fanmade
>>
File: 1407982981240.jpg (76 KB, 521x597) Image search: [Google]
1407982981240.jpg
76 KB, 521x597
>>331474431

Huh. Well, that's alright, i guess.
>>
>Snake hardly talks
>Open world hardly adds anything to the gameplay except load times when it could be several more handcrafted smaller levels
>Story hardly being present
>Story being like 1/3 of original idea
>Story being in fucking tape recordings
>That update that puts your resources in an online server that you can't use or sell
>Ridiculous timers for R&D, FOBs, etc
>FOBs not being optional and offline connectivity has to be redone everytime you boot the game up, so being online for a minute hits you with all the resource loss that has accumulated

I haven't played since December though
>>
>>331474593
or if it's cringy as fuck?
>>
>>331474702
Like a majority of mgs? Come on anon
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 878x494
>>331461598
Ground zeroes was so good too

I just wanted to sneak into cool bases at night not trek round some fucking desert

I really liked africa though, if we just had that and some smaller gz like bases instead of afganistan it would of been GOAT
>>
>>331474253
>he one time where it would have been cool and everybody expected it, he didn't bother.

THIS

BIG BOSS LITERALLY SPENT THE 80s HANGING OUT WITH THE CAST OF THE OTHER GAMES

>no Gray Fox
>no Sniper Wolf
>Ocelot is there but literally does nothing and is completely pointless and useless
>>
>>331474593
Agreed.
>>331474702
I wouldn't say it's cringy, it fits in line with most of MGS honestly. It's completely something you aspect, it keeps the fact that Big Boss/Venom were war mongerers, but you get to see things from their perspective finally and just see it's a different part of the picture. It's a fitting end honestly.
>>
>>331474328

pretty much this
>>
>>331474673
I saw it as pretty much a modern day version of old open world games like spyro which i used to love

And the controls were perfect
>>
>ishmael has the same voice as 'big boss'
>first thing he says is "youre talking to yourself"

i feel like i was one of the few who caught that
>>
>>331475072
You really weren't
>>
File: 1453058355450.jpg (85 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
1453058355450.jpg
85 KB, 500x673
>Think this is the game that finally lets us build Outer Heaven and recruit its members, maybe guys like Black Ninja and Raven will show up
>Nah it's just Outer Heaven 0.5 again just like in Peace Walker but don't worry we can show you Outer Heaven for 2 seconds at the end
Excuse me what
>>
MGSV is the last time i get sucked in by any pre release info
Fuck man the trailers made this game look like it was going to be the greatest game ever made
>>
>people complain about cutscenes literally taking over an hour in MGS4
Kojima does things properly in Peace Walker, and then goes full retard and almost completely removes lengthy cutscenes from V, effectively neutering the game and removing the franchise's charm

>people complain about nanomachines being overused and treated as some sort of a retarded deus ex machina in-universe explanation for everything in MGS4
Kojima does things properly in Peace Walker, and then goes full retard and reintroduces both a deus ex machina in the form of a Child Mantis AND the worst fucking retarded plot device, ancient vocal chord parasites, effectively making nanomachines from 4 look good in comparison

Is this all a big practical joke by Kojima or was he taking heavy psychotropics during the design of V?
>>
>>331461598
About halfway when the characters stopped responding. Gotta charge them controllers, bruh.
>>
>>331475072
Most people who played MGS caught on pretty fast, those who picked up MGSV just because it was a big name and shiny new game did not.
>>
>>331474942
>>331474702
i'm not saying that the gist of the comic is cringy, just the dialog.
specifically:
>"you really kept me waiting"
>"no amount of digoxin will help me up this time"
really cramming those callbacks into this short scene
>>
>>331474702
Threee things will always be certain

The Mona Lisa is cringy as fuck

Ulysses is cringy as fuck

And an opinion on 4chan will always be worthless
>>
File: 1399501721658.jpg (82 KB, 341x488) Image search: [Google]
1399501721658.jpg
82 KB, 341x488
>>331475048

To be honest with you, i am just really "salty" about the game, i 100% it, but reading about all the cut content and all that stuff made me hate it. MGO fucking sucks as well.
>>
>>331475072
>didn't get David Hayter to do at least the real Big Boss' voice

Damn, Kojima.
Why you hate him so much even though he voiced Snake for so many games?
>>
>>331474876
You have vehicles, fast transport, dhorse and dwalker. If youre treking through the desert youre doing something wrong. Its like you people are going out of your way to hate the game
>>
>>331475198
I think he just took the criticism of MGS4 being a 'movie' a little too hard and didn't want to go that route with the next big console MGS.
>>
>>331475297
They do if you have ever seen the outerheaven stream they try as hard as they can to make the game look bad. They drive tanks around and just play like shit to make the game look as bad as possible, they do exist.
>>
>>331475072

We knew something was up on that trailer where Kaz says "What about him?"
>>
>>331475297
I actually love the game but i just hated afganistan
>>
>>331475261
Well that is fair, but you know how MGS is. I mean we got tons of callbacks in MGS3 just to show that Snake really wasn't all that different than Big Boss.
>>331475289
This is what I don't understand. Big Boss had so few lines that it couldn't have possibly been that much to hire Hayter, even with VA Union Money for character reprisal.

Then again he somehow spent 80mil and Sutherland was cheaper and rarely said a damn word.
>>
File: 1347675216176.gif (1 MB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1347675216176.gif
1 MB, 240x232
>>331474190
>the genus Sahelanthropus wasn't even discovered until fossils were found in 2001
>this is explained in-game as them being discovered in the 80s and Cipher just suppressing the information from the public
>mfw
>>
>>331475476
In reality, I think we all knew what was going to happen with the hints in the trailers, but we didn't want to believe it because it wouldn't be the story we wanted(the fall of ACTUAL BB)
>>
>>331475072
We all knew it before it even came out
Some of us just didnt want to believe it
>>
>>331472340
What a stupid design for a gun.
>>
>>331475529
Apparently there are a bunch of cut lines with Snake being a bit more talkative
>>
>>331475720
>game sucks necause i didnt get enough cringy fanservice

Literally redd it
>>
>>331461598
When I had to create my own character and then had his face remodeled.
>>
>>331475910
You're clueless. Game was advertised that way.
>>
>>331475240
Ive been playing since mgs1 and i got suspicious when they announced the voice change

I thought we wasnt playing as big boss during gz before mgsv came out, then the shit with the medic convinced me
>>
>>331475910
MGS has always been cringey fanservice. Get that through your head literal reddit
>>
>>331476012
>Believing the advertisements

You must be new to MGS as MGS2 would like a word with you
>>
File: anuthawon.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
anuthawon.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
BEST PARTS OF MGS5
>CAMP OMEGA
>The entire opening sequence
>First couple of missions where you essentially have no items and no buddy
>Every sequence with Volgin
>The outbreak on motherbase

WORST PARTS
>Every buddy is OP
>The parasite units are boring
>Only 5-10 actual locations that arent just JUNGLE/DESERT
>Next to zero story aside from the beginning and than the rest of the game essentially at the end of chapter 1
>The entirety of Chapter 2
>>
>>331475347
Could be. I don't think I've ever been as disappointed and mad about a game as I was about MGSV, at least not since Gothic 3.

Literally almost every choice they made during the conception of this game's plot and characters is so fucking retarded to me that it makes me want to cry. Which is sad, especially after they weren't really trying with Peace Walker and still made something greatly enjoyable.

Like, they've set the stage for a great and bloody conflict between XOF and DD's, reduced several characters into rage-filled lumps of shit, hyped the fuck out of the whole REVENGE themes in trailers, teased Big Boss being an evil piece of shit, many other things.

And all of that was spent on a mute fucktoy with a horseface and no character, and the most uninteresting, tension-removing, needlessly meta, retarded, techno-babble filled thing Kojima has ever conceived - the parasites. And I'm saying that with the full knowledge of what Ghost Babel features.

What the fuck, Kojima.
>>
File: Grievous.jpg (16 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
Grievous.jpg
16 KB, 450x333
>>331461598
/v/ kinda figured it out before the game even came out. Something about how BB hates e-cigs and Kojima saying that BB was "only ever in a coma once."

Plus the very first goddamn scene where you and "Ishmael" have the same VA. Though for a while I tried to convince myself that Ishmael was all in Venom's head.
>>
>>331476157
>>Every buddy is OP

D-walker sucks ass, it would have been better if it was a vehicle
>>
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE RELEVANCE OF THE BOSS AI
>>
>>331476376
Did you get the ai head or skull machete?
>>
Real talk: did anyone actually use the animal and shitting sound clips in the game? And I mean throughout the entire game, so at the beginning when everyone was practically naked with nothing is totally cool. Did anyone seriously use these ever?
>>
File: snakeboobs.png (643 KB, 1767x1414) Image search: [Google]
snakeboobs.png
643 KB, 1767x1414
When you have the guards actually adapt and get better gear but they don't have any walker gears or tanks, the only time when the defense is good when your actually doing a mission. like seriously why have to defend with quiet against a god damn russian army when they would never do something like that to you when you massacre everyone in the past Not to mention XOF was just a complete push over, the AI in the game was just so bad.
>>
>>331476376
If you upgrade him and wear the shield on your back you are a walking mini metal gear with a flamethrower, machete and machine gun
>>
>>331476376
>D-Walker sucks

Hes literally the most OP
>>
>>331476202
Just how it goes man, KojiPro and the Konami issues, the money being spent, the criticisms of past games, wanting to try something new.

Kojima just got too ambitious, took past criticisms too hard, and Konami imploded.

It's a shame, but it is what it is, I have hope for Kojima's next franchise, Sony will throw money at him to make something. I love MGS, I even like MGSV despite it's massive and glaring flaws, but this isn't the way I wanted to see it end sadly.
>>
>>331476421
They were trying to use that tech to run sally. Plus only reason strangeglove stayed with huey
>>
File: 1457245282257.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1457245282257.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>331476246
Man i remember reading those ecig posts and thinking they were fucking retards
>mfw big boss literally fucking said it in the final cutscene
Im sorry guys you were right
>>
>>331461598
the trailers
>>
I'm actually glad snake didn't talk a lot because sutherland was a fucking terrible snake
>>
>actually spend money on Quiet
>Brennan sniper and silenced lethal/nonlethal

Money well spent on that bitch, amirite Kojima YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>331476613
Everyone knew Kojima was mad, but no one really realized how retarded he was.
>>
File: koji-san.gif (1 MB, 443x235) Image search: [Google]
koji-san.gif
1 MB, 443x235
>>331476526
HOLY SHIT YOU JUST REMINDED ME
FUCKING BATTLE GEAR
WE NEVER GOT TO USE THAT
TALK ABOUT A FUCKING PHANTOM PAIN
>>
MGSV wasnt good a lot but when it was it was really good
>GUILTY ALL COUNTS
>that scene where big boss interrupts a fight between two soldiers
>quarantine
>>
>>331476674

His delivery is totally flat, but I kinda warmed up to him after a while.
>>
>>331474432
So would that be the real Quiet and they die together, or would it be just him going nuts from the pain?
>>
There was important shit that shouldve been cutscenes stuck in tapes
>>
>>331476480
The mission where you need to destroy or fulton those tanks and jeeps the horse and his shit are a god send (until you get the mines to stop them) but even after that the horse shit is still a great help. The animal noises are a little hard to use because if people are looking for you it takes a little to get into the tapes so they might find you but they do work if you are behind a wall and the guys are looking for you.
>>
After finishing story, I find this game a fun mercenary sim
>>
>>331475529
80mil really isn't a lot in terms of AAA budget. Everyone spouts off about "muh 80mil" but that's a drop in the ocean for most big name titles.
>>
>all those fucking threads after it came out talking about the phantom pain people felt over getting such a shit game
Fuck man ill never forget the mass disillusionment i saw on /v/ after mgsv
>>
File: 1410922392841.jpg (56 KB, 433x521) Image search: [Google]
1410922392841.jpg
56 KB, 433x521
>>331461598
The fucking opening. And really people figured it out long before the game came out.
>>
>>331476910

I didn't mean the horse shitting, I meant the sound clip of Johnny shitting his pants.
>>
When Big Boss said he smelled something sweet
>>
>>331476526
>>331476546

So literally useless for stealth, if I were going guns blazing I better bring a fucking tank
>>
When everyone was disappointed with the leaks.
>>
File: freddie.jpg (72 KB, 404x446) Image search: [Google]
freddie.jpg
72 KB, 404x446
>Big Boss in MGS3
>Talkative and cocky rookie, learns important lessons about loyalty to your country and the effects of war once he defeats his mentor in battle
>Falls in loves with a woman, stays cautious of her for a while but eventually she manages to deceive him, very important lesson learned

>Big Boss in Peace Walker
>More confident in his abilities, not as jokey as he once was but still knows how to have a laugh sometimes. Lets go of the past that was pulling him down and becomes his own man
>Feels comfortable with his current life until the end when he realises that his army can become even stronger than before.

>"Big Boss" in MGSV
>Silent 90% of the time, has very little to say, leaves taking care of his army to Ocelot and Kaz
>Zero smart ass comments
>Falls in love with someone who is equally as mute as he is somehow

>Real Big Boss in MGSV
>Off on vacation somewhere playing beach volleyball with Gray Fox, Naomi and Sniper Wolf while some cuck does his dirty work
>>
>>331477047
Its helpful if youre going for no traces
>>
File: 1454048435980.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1454048435980.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>Guest Starring - The SKULLS Parasite Unit
This was the most retarded thing. For a game in a series known for its surprises, they sure didn't give a fuck this time
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.