[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this for real?! Just got to chapter 7. I have to fight those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
File: 51ZOppNjvtL.jpg (56 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
51ZOppNjvtL.jpg
56 KB, 500x457
Is this for real?! Just got to chapter 7. I have to fight those fucking four bosses another time?! I feel like I am wasting my time. I'm sick of them already.
I'm really enjoying this game and the story but this is too much. How did they get away with such tedious bullshit?
Tell me, do I really have to fight them a fourth time?
Does Bravely Second also do this? If so I am not buying it like I wanted to.
>>
Congrats, you got fooled into buying a shitty game. Try not to get fooled into buying the sequel.
>>
>>331455873
I like how the job bosses team up. That said I have an unbeatable team now so I'm pretty much just watching the game now
>>
>>331455873
Are you really surprised you have to do extra shit to get the true ending in an RPG?

It adds some neat character background if you care about that. If you don't, why the fuck are you going for the true ending?
>>
>>331456519
My team is pretty shitty. Killing stuff takes forever.
I got a Ninja, Pirate, Swordmaster and Healer.
Everything is just counterattacks, Kairai and debuffs from Pirate.

But, I don't care anymore. Probably dropping this game. Such a shame.. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this shit was going to happen.
>>
>>331456706
What endings senpai? This is my first time playing this. I'm just following the goddamn yellow quest markers.
>>
should i buy this game

it's a bit pricey
>>
>>331456984
Maybe you should have paid some attention to the story.
If you can't be bothered going through the repeats, just keep going when charging the crystals and explode them instead.
>>
>>331456984
Break one of the crystals and see what happens.
>>
>>331456984
You can end the game at any point from Chapter Five by breaking a crystal but you won't get the true ending.
>>
>>331456891
I think you're pretty much at the end now. May as well kill finish the chapter and get to the true ending, the last bosses are pretty neat.
>>
Chapter 7 is much better than 5 and 6
Fighting three bosses at once is harder, more interesting and takes less time to complete compared to 5 and 6 where you had to fight them one by one yet again
>>
>>331457105
>>331457103
fuggggg
I tried doing that but it seemed nothing is happening. I thought you can't keep going once Airy stops you.

total lmao.
>>
>>331456891
I can't remember how many, but you refight all the main bosses many times before being allowed to finish the game for the true ending.

I guess i was lucky that my team was strong enough to basically walk through everything quickly. Having random battles disabled was a godsend. I feel like the game was really meant for people who intended to grind out perfect parties. The end was annoying, but nothing that was difficult to get through. The most annoying parts were redoing the praying at each Crystal since I had to watch
>>
>>331455873
Its plot related and part of the story. But if you don't care and want to end the game early, you can keep praying at a crystal and attempt to break it.
>>
I didn't even make it to Chapter 6. I was enjoying the fuck out of the game and then I got to Chapter 5, realized I had to fight all the bosses again and stopped playing. I wish the game would've just ended before then instead of them dragging it out in such a repetitive way, it really ruined the game for me.
>>
>>331455873
>How did they get away with such tedious bullshit?
They didn't actually get away with it. Bravely Second's western release was changed specifically because a lot of people complained about the padding in BD, and the JP release of BS.
>>
Budget probably happened considering how they went in expecting it to fail.
>>
>>331455873
It shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to kill each crystal monster, even on Hard, unless you're really shit at figuring out OP job combos.
>>
>>331457794
That's actually pretty good to know.

One last question, can I blow up a crystal and reload my save from before and see the "true end"?
>>
>>331457762
The game does end at chapter 5 unless you're going for the true ending.

How anyone's first impulse wasn't to try and blow up the crystals after it turns out Airy is evil will forever remain a mystery to me.
>>
You don't have to refight them at all, you only have to do the crystals each time until you're done with chapter 8

They're entirely optional and while 5 and 6 are just harder refights that are kinda shitty 7 and 8 mix things up a lot for optional superbosses that are really fun

But if you hate it that much you can do chapters5-8 and get to the ending in like 2 hours by just doing the crystals

Too bad literally everybody on /v/ ignores this and talks about how 'shit' the game is as if the entire first 4 chapters suddenly mean nothing because they were dumb enough to do optional fights and act like they were required
>>
>>331457989
Whenever you get any of the endings, the game lets you start from before whatever it was you did to get that ending.
>>
>>331457989
If I recall correctly, the game even saves after getting the "bad" ending and puts you right back in the story before you blew up the crystal if you reload. Keep a separate save just in case I remember this wrong though.
>>
>>331458130
OP didn't complain about the optional asterisk holder fights though, he complained about the crystal guarding bosses that aren't optional.
>>
This old argument,

Listen, some of the best fights and enemy party configurations are during this time, Turn it to easy and just power through them. if you only care about story, that section can be beat in about 2 hours.

No one is making you fight the asterisk holders
>>
>>331457989
The game resets before you blow up the crystal, but you keep all the xp and stuff you got after it. I think you might miss out on a bad ending but I don't know for sure. I just did it yesterday but haven't gotten the true ending yet
>>
Ok so I didn't get it, who was Ringabel after all?
>>
>>331458130
But the first 4 chapters weren't good either. How can anyone excuse the piece of shit that Chapter 3 is?
>>
>>331455873

Try the team boss encounters or the bad ending for a bit of a change. You are almost done either way and past the two worst chapters of the game.
>>
>>331458705
Alternis from the previous world, iirc.
>>
>>331458705
He straight up tellsome you who he is
>>
>>331458854
Ok but why was Alternis teaming up with the other 3?
And why every other world had a Ringabel as well?
>>
>>331459079
Because he legit lost his memory and just got caught up in the whole thing. Chalk it up to fate I guess.
I'm not sure about the "Ringabell in other worlds" thing.
>>
>>331459079
Not all of them did. The world Ringabel himself comes from definitely didn't have another Ringabel.
>>
>>331459286
No I mean before losing his memory. He was obviously fighting together with the others before they got killed, but Alternis shouldn't have been with them at that point.
Honestly many things don't make sense to me, like why did Agnes from the other world appear 200 years in the past or whatever?
Maybe I should read the diary.
>>
>>331455873
If you're skipping all the sidequests, you can probably beat the game from where you are now in less than 30 minutes.
It's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>331459079
When alternis get's throw off the ship he becomes ringabell, so the alternis you throw off in your world become ringabell in the next.
>>
I one of those people who didn't mind the looping temples part. The point of all that shit was to illustrate how futile Tiz and the gangs efforts were, and how it slowly started to gnaw on their hope and sanity. It doesn't matter who you save, or who you kill, in the end. It's all going to happen endlessly anyway, because there are endless worlds.
I kept myself busy by getting all the jobs and grinding in between the temple runs.

I'm playing Bravely Second now and I'm fucking loving it. Fuck you /v/, you can't make me not have fun.
>>
>>331460885
That happens in almost every world though.
So in just one world he ends up becoming Ringabel and in the others just dies?
And still not even that feels right.
Ringabel mentions not being able to protect the others three in the previous world, but he was trying to kill them himself just a moment earlier?
>>
>>331457048

Yes, it's great.

The part people are talking about is like Wind Wakers triforce charts part. Annoying for some, a chance to dig deeper into the game world for others. It comes down to patience, really.
>>
>>331461314

The problem with the looping is how fucking lazily it was executed. They figure out Airy's the bad guy on chapter 5 or 6 but instead of discussing it and coming up with a plan they just go 'lol okay, let's just keep repeating this cycle'. And then they couldn't even be bothered altering any of the text so despite everyone having fought the same bosses and doing the same shit several times already they're still surprised when the same boss pops up for the 4th time.

If you're going to loop shit up so many times at least alter the fucking lines instead of copy pasting the same shit.
>>
>>331461762
That's why the team up bosses are the best part. They finally decided to do something new and they're also a lot more lighthearted and fun
>>
>>331461762
they do get altered, subtly at first, but by the final two worlds its all new stuff

this is how you tell the peoople who dopped this game apart from those who stuck with it
>>
>>331462219
>the final two worlds its all new stuff

The hell they are, the main story is the same copy pasted shit all the way through.
>>
>>331462403
I just mean the dialog. you see new scenes with the asterisk holders talking to eachother and getting minor to significant backround story. All of this is skippabable
>>
Chapter 8 made me quit the game
The fight with Yulyana, Mephilia, Qada, and Ominas at once was too much
>>
>>331462564
stick with it anon, the ending is great, whith nice final boss music

Wicked Flight is better than Wicked battle
>>
>>331462219
No, you still get the same shit dialogue
>this crystal went back to its original state too!
>look out, a monster!
>are you okay Agnes?
>yeah I just need to rest
Laziest shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>331462219
I don't even think the looping was the worst part. I think one early chapter just pushed the backtracking too much. Might have been chapter 3
>>
>>331462564
Stillness is your friend anon.
>>
>>331462713
You are the biggest retard In this whole goddamn thread.
>>
>>331459891

Ringabell was just Alternis in his original world. Only after losing his memory in the next world did he get that name and lost his armor.
>>
>>331462828
I get that but there's a factor of whoever is using is having just the right amount of speed to go right after everyone else gets their attacks off that i can't seem to get right
>>
>>331461762
>They figure out Airy's the bad guy on chapter 5 or 6 but instead of discussing it and coming up with a plan they just go 'lol okay, let's just keep repeating this cycle'
No anon. You were supposed to figure it out and break the crystals, it's your fault for not figuring it out.
>>
>>331463030
but you have to bravely default to get the true end.

it takes bravery to keep doing the thing you know is probably gonna destroy the world
>>
>>331462564

Pretty much requires stillness, it's the only fight i had to use it in
>>
>>331463030

Ringabel gets his memory back and tells everyone Airy is evil. And then they drop the whole thing and make you go through two more rounds of copy pasted crystal events.
>>
>>331463146
Really? i just used group cast all and buff spells, then spammed free lunch and the quad damage pirate skill. works on every boss
>>
>>331462864
Asterisk holders having new dialogue doesn't excuse cutscenes of the crystals awakenings being literally copypasted, especially since the party is supposed to have figured out Airy is lying to them and it's all for naught at that point.
>>
>>331463164
"They" don't, you do.
You had the option to end it right there, but you didn't.
>>
>>331458321

It takes like 5 mins to do all 4 of them, hell one of them can be instantly killed.
>>
>>331462986
Level up thief to get speed 10% and 20%. You can also use Hermes gear on top of that if needed.
>>
>>331463349
Hey, I never said OP was a smart man.
>>
>>331463304
I'm not really defnding the party, they were fucking idiots. its just the boss rush section is optional and can be finished in an hour if you don't want to deal with it. that is not that hard at all. You can ignore a games biggest flaw.
>>
>>331462986
Use 10% and 20% speed increase skills and the right equipment and classes to calibrate the order, and try until you get it right.
Honestly it's the only way to beat the very last endgame bosses.
>>
>>331463604

Nah, you can tank through by having double hp passive on everyone instead of using stillness strategy.
>>
>>331463604
I'm pretty sure I just rekt him with dark knights and a white mage.
>>
>>331463478
I'm only talking about copypasted cutscenes.
Try reading my posts next time moron.
>>
>>331462986

Speed has a minor variance in battle that I can't remember but it's something like +/- 10 or 20. If the difference is greater than that amount then the turn order will never vary.
>>
>>331461398
He was trying to kill Airy because he knew what she was up to, but he ends up fighting himself and the others and gets kicked off the ship ending on another dimension without memory.
>>
File: patched.png (162 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
patched.png
162 KB, 400x240
Did you uncensor your games yet?
>>
File: 1429767796054.jpg (19 KB, 428x230) Image search: [Google]
1429767796054.jpg
19 KB, 428x230
>>331463604
>Honestly it's the only way
>>
File: 1370966466253.png (105 KB, 350x319) Image search: [Google]
1370966466253.png
105 KB, 350x319
>>331457257
but you dont fucking have to do that. you just have to awake the crystals over and over and beat the bosses before the crystals.... i couldnt be fucking arsed to kill the asterisks guys over and over again screw that shit.
>>
>>331464996
How long did it take you to beat Adventurer without stillness?
It's nothing but a drag.
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (26 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
26 KB, 400x562
>Download the game OSTs
>Neither have their Nemesis/Ba'al boss theme
>>
>>331455873
Go back to your Uncharteds and Neptunias kid.
>>
>>331455873
And people shit on neptunia for reusing shit.
>>
File: slug.png (133 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
slug.png
133 KB, 400x240
This gave me some serious Metal Slug vibes
>>
>>331467942
>great designs wasted on a game that barely lives up to it
>>
File: 1395417934454.jpg (90 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1395417934454.jpg
90 KB, 250x251
>be a man and max out the encounter rate in the cave to the Fire Temple
>endless grindan, acquire enough money to buy the team a set of Night Emperors
>mfw slaughtering fucking everything with Magic Fencer/Stomp Brave Rush
>mfw not being fucking retarded and learning how to Default against bosses
>mfw busting out 9999 damage in Chapter 3

Why is Stomp such a damn good move for grindan?
>>
>Making Ringabell a DRK
It just seems right
>>
>>331468121
Bravely Second really is a tragic tale in wasted development.

One can only wonder what the original idea for the plot was the first time we saw Magnolia at the end of Default.
>>
>>331455873
STOP RIGHT NOW THROW BRAVELY DEFAULT OUT THE WINDOW AND BUY BRAVELY SECOND

i stopped playing default because of that shit and then i bought bravely second and enjoyed every second of it.

i just watched a quick recap video to get in touch with the story then jumped onto bravely second demo & bravely second.

its much better, trust me.
>>
>>331468486
>STOP RIGHT NOW THROW BRAVELY DEFAULT OUT THE WINDOW AND BUY BRAVELY SECOND

Wow are you an idiot?
Second isn't even half as good as Bravely you idiot.
And this is wide spread knowledge, nice bait.
>>
>>331468479
Set two hundred years after the catastrophe that occurred in Bravely Default, the ocean to the south of Luxendarc was evaporated by the Holy Pillar caused by "the one who brings about apocalypse". The four Crystals, as well as their temples, were shattered and scattered throughout the Luxendarc in the form of thick thunder clouds which blocked out the sun leading to the "decade of blackening rains and roaring thunder". Those who survived abandoned the flatlands.

In the present, the world continues to decay. The lands continue separating from the surface slowly rising into the skies and disintegrating in the upper atmosphere. First it had been the cliffs to the west of Florem, then the northern part of Eisenberg. Over the next hundred years four plains, eight highlands, three oceans and two continents floated into the skies and disintegrated.

Fifty years prior to the game, an organization proclaiming to be of the Crystal Orthodoxy, landed on the rising continent. They gathered the crystal fragments and buried a crystal piece they had crystallized with the power of prayer within the continent. The continent ceased to rise, coming to a halt above the thunderclouds covering the lands. This place became known as Crystalica . The organization traveled by airship to the high lands where people had gathered and brought them to Crystalica, saving them from Luxendarc's end.

Crystalica gave birth to a society revolving around the Crystal Faith. A method for artificially producing crystal, was created and the decline of the crystal power within Crystalica was prevented. The invention of the Anchor Obelisk allowed for the efficient collection of crystal fragments from rising continents and the religious organization buried a crystal piece within four other floating continents and appointed four vestals to govern them.
>>
>>331468903
he is in the pushover chapters, those are ejoyable like stubbing a toe.

at least bravely second doesen't bullshit you and becomes a pushover only if you are too retarded to take hints.
>>
>>331458067
>How anyone's first impulse wasn't to try and blow up the crystals after it turns out Airy is evil
>after it turns out Airy is evil

This is only explicitly stated in CH6. But yes, I would also say that trying to blow one up would be a natural response to being forced to awaken them all again.
>>
>>331455873
This is why people don't like the game.
>>
>>331469238
>becomes a pushover only if you are too retarded to take hints.
What does this even mean?

And no BS is just more of the same combat, and you have to fight the asterisks from BD not once but twice if you want all the jobs.
And then the story is absolutely abysmal, it's just better to skip it all together.
>>
>>331469624

So far, while I'm annoyed about the shitty characters, I'm still enjoying myself in Bravely Second.
>>
>>331469794
Did you hit chapter 5 when it all starts to come crashing down?
>>
>>331468995
Isn't that the plot to that spinoff Edea was the main protagonist of?
>>
>>331470162
It was the mobile game that was going to bridge the gap in the story between BD and BS. It was just there to hype up BS a bit.

But it's obvious whatever this was going to lead up to got scrapped.
>>
>>331468242
Used stomp for most of the game, but then I got pressure point doing 9000s. Then I got phoenix flight and minus strike and it was all over
>>
>>331469952

Not yet, I'm at the point where you get the bigger ship and save the people in ghost status that were just fine during night for some reason
>>
>>331471029
That's not even a spoiler.
And I find it hard to believe you still want to play after that retard rubadub shit, gimmick boss fight, and now awful the caker baker job is.

It only gets worse from there.
>>
>>331472815

Luckily the gameplay itself is pretty much the same as in the first game, if they ruined it too i'd have dropped it by now.
>>
File: BS_Artemia_render.png (119 KB, 345x415) Image search: [Google]
BS_Artemia_render.png
119 KB, 345x415
please tell me you didn't side with the annoying furry cunt in Bravely Second, anon.
>>
>>331473701

I didn't >>331467942
>>
>>331473701
It doesn't even matter.
I wanted bother jobs so I took both options.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.