[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would you make a sequel to a poorly thought of buggy mess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
Why would you make a sequel to a poorly thought of buggy mess like Sonic Boom?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x239
>questioning why sega would do something stupid
>>
>>331446234
because they have a cartoon tied into it.
>>
You want a serious answer to this? Watch this video. It's almost 40 mins but it's definitely worth the watch if you are a sonic fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kE9BR24XIw
>>
File: 50Keks.png (150 KB, 321x384) Image search: [Google]
50Keks.png
150 KB, 321x384
>>331446234
>Sega
>ever capable of making smart decisions
>>
>The cartoon is popular
>The merch sells.
>Shattered Crystal wasn't as badly received as RoL
>Sega hates you
>>
>>331446234

Because it sold well.
>>
>A buggy mess like Sonic Boom
>It's a sequel to the 3DS game

You can only think in memes /v/, and thus are actually retarded.
>>
>>331446497
That video doesn't answer his question at all.
Shilling your bunnyhop videos regardless
>>
I know its popular to hate on sonic, especially sonic boom. But SC was actually a fun puzzle/platformer and that was rushed. If theyre taking this serious then its going to be even better
>>
>>331446497
Isn't it weird how Sonic used to be "cooler" than Mario and now he's the "easiest mascot character to make fun of"?
>>
>>331447032
Sonic is a relic of the 90s who still exists half way through the 2010s, of course he's easy to make fun of now, especially when a majority of his series is garbage
>>
>>331446874
Actually it does. It's one of the main points the video makes. Sonic games sell around a million units REGARDLESS if they suck or not. Since it's Sega's most popular mascot, they have several teams shit out these games every other year. The video uses every major Sonic title as an example to this point. Almost every game is radically different from the rest.
>>
Lacklusting, generic title.
>>
>>331447867
>Every major Sonic title
But it doesn't? It intentionally sidesteps for memetic favoring like counting Shadow and Sonic Boom as mainline.
>>
>>331448432
What is it sidestepping? It looks like it catches most of the "mainline" games.

Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic CD
Sonic 3 (&Knuckles)
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Shadow
Sonic '06
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic 4
Sonic Colors
Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic: Lost World
Sonic Boom

Unless you're just bitching about him including Shadow and Sonic Boom as mainline. What else would you count?
>>
>>331446234
People really enjoyed the blue arms
>>
Man I wish modern sonic was more like Micky Mouse than his 2cool4skool look
Could have been a timeless little rodent
>>
>>331446556
>>The merch sells.
Source?
>>
>>331446234
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal wasn't poorly made, just forgettably mediocre.
>>
>>331446874
Seems like the answer would be "because Sega gives no fucks and has no idea what they're doing." If they had any idea what they were doing they'd just keep making new Colors and Generations games
>>
>>331446497
>it's definitely worth the watch if you are a sonic fan
The guy doesn't even realize that Lost World has a run button. He makes some nice points at times, but in the end it's just another video where the main point is "Sonic sucks", and how many of those do we have by now?
>>
>>331446497
>the "Sonic should only be fast fast fast" meme
This guy sucks. These games are about maintaining speed that you work for, not just HURR HOLD RIGHT AND SPEED THROUGH EVERYTHING
>>
>>331450320
The fact that Sega is still ordering merch to be distributed and hasn't dumped Boom like every other IP they used to have that didn't bring in a decent amount of money should be proof enough.
>>
Because it's not a sequel to the Wii U sonic boom game, it's a sequel to the 3DS sonic boom game.
>>
>>331451116
The name Sonic Boom is tainted forever and must not be used again
>>
>>331446234
>Why would you make a sequel to a poorly thought of buggy mess like Sonic Boom?
Shattered Crystal wasn't a "poorly thought out buggy mess", it was just tedious and mediocre. You're thinking of Rise of Lyric.
>>
>>331446497
This video is actually atrocious, I doubt he played past the first stage in any of these.

Maybe the fact your speed is getting broken up and you're getting hit is because you're not meant to run forward blindly like a retard?
>>
>>331451852
He did but the point of the video was to compare the first stage of each game.
>>
>>331451047
Fake, who the fuck would buy Sonic stuff except Chris-chan?
>>
>>331450995
>Says use of memes is idiotic
>Proceeds to use meme

I agree on him sucking. If that's his gameplay then it's safe to assume he is fucking horrible at playing games, but that doesn't take away from the main point of the video. Sonic is basically shovelware. If the game was about "maintaining speed" then please explain all the non-running moments, which there are a TON of. Unless you consider fishing and platforming as "maintaining speed"
>>
>>331451852
Are you fucking retarded? The title of the video is literally "The First Levels of Sonic Games".
>>
>>331451303
Sonic Boom is a fun cartoon, please get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>331451852
>you're not meant to run forward blindly like a retard?
Isn't it the whole point of Sonic? Are you telling me I have to go slowly through the level to see the ennemies coming?
>>
>>331452226
My explanation: those are bad.
>>
File: 1243545004992.jpg (120 KB, 673x432) Image search: [Google]
1243545004992.jpg
120 KB, 673x432
>you stumbled into the bad timeline where Sonic games now come out on nintendo systems
>>
>>331452457
https://youtu.be/DF-uQgoizms
It is.
>>
>>331449201
Don't bother anon. Youre arguing with people who defend Sonic 06 as "not that bad". Trying to reason Sonic fans is pointless, the games are infalliable
>>
>>331452042
Children, which is Boom's primary demographic.
>>
>>331446234
The show and the 3DS game were good.

It's just that BRB, by using Unity on Wii U, managed to make something nearly as bad as the worst Sonic game ever. Which is no small feat of laziness and ineptitude, mind you.
>>
>>331452590
I hear you. The fact of that matter is, Sega just can't produce in enough terrain/level to satisfy enough playtime to warrant a purchase. If they were to work on a Sonic game that focuses PURELY on running, it would be very short and repetitive. Like every other developer they try to introduce new ideas, but with limited time contraints and budget, this is always half assed. Another point of the video explains that Sonic is designed for kids. He is literally a fucking videogame equivalent Shonen Jump character. A reboot made sense for a younger generation, but it was just so horribly executed.
>>
>>331451852
>I doubt he played past the first stage in any of these.
DEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HE NO PLAY GUD AT SAWNICA
>>
>>331452763
Hahaha i agree. Personally my favorite sonic game was SA2, but that's because i was 11 when that shit came out. In reality, it was a mediocre video game in general. Everyone who played Sonic 06 as a kid is now old enough to defend it and their nostalgia.
>>
File: aaron[1].jpg (198 KB, 600x506) Image search: [Google]
aaron[1].jpg
198 KB, 600x506
DUDE, BIG THE CAT LMAO
>>
>>331451303
Sonic as franchise is tainted forever. No game dev/ Reviewer will take it seriously after the Shadow spinoff. The franchise is in early 2000s Street Fighter territory. There are too many mediocre games coming out too early. Diminishing returns will set in eventually and another reboot is inevitable. Hopefully Sega takes their time on this one and focuses on a fun game. It doesn't really need to be GOTTA GO FAST all the time, but as long as it's fun who honestly gives a shit if i'm searching for emeralds.
>>
>>331453884
Then it's over. They might as well make Sonic VNs and it'll still sell a million copies. Why waste whatever money they're wasting now on a modest budget?
>>
>>331452727

That was actually pretty funny.
>>
>>331446234
Was Sonic Boom on 3DS even bad?
I never seen anyone talk about it
>>
>>331455703

It's fun for the first few levels.
>>
So unleashed 2 when?
>>
>>331455703
It isn't "bad", just underwhelming and kind of a waste of time.

It isn't going to offend you like Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric might but perhaps that's a flaw in itself (it's not good enough to stick with but not atrocious enough to become bile fascination).
>>
>>331455703
The only problem the 3ds game had was that it was Boring. hopefully for this sequel they'll Alleviate that
>>
>>331453294
Are you ok?
>>
>>331456436
Unleashed PC port when?
Cant believe we got Lost World instead of that.
Not shitting on Lost Worlds, just surprised.

What is Sonic Team even doing? LW was their last game, right? They gotta have something new to announce at E3
>>
>>331449201
>>331452763
>>331453469
Did you actually watch the video or are you just shitposting memers?
He goes on a giant tangent due to mentioning those two.

And you two are the only ones mentioning 06.
>>
>>331453793
Is this the twitter guy
>>
>>331456807
Theres even some hidden files on the 360 disc that talks about a pc port. What a shame, smacking down big mobs with the werehog @ 60fps and disabling the battle music would be the best. Theyve been working on this game ever since generations finished. Some of the team split off, the colors team, to make lost world. That was 2013. Then theyve made sonic runners and dash in 2015. But those are phone games so those were cheap and easy. So all together theyve been at it for probably around 4 years now. Theres no way this next sonic is gonna be bad.
>>
>>331457241
Yes Aaron Webber
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.