[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the consensus on this game? I remember getting it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 2435204-sonic+unleashed[1].png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2435204-sonic+unleashed[1].png
3 MB, 1920x1080
So what was the consensus on this game? I remember getting it in 2010 but then my xbox broke. I think i was at the italy continent but im not fully sure. Remember having tons of fun with it, but found out it was hated.
>>
Day stages had better gameplay, night stages had better music.
>>
It's not really hated, people are just indifferent to it.

Day time stages are sweet, but they're few and far between.

Also it has a brilliant soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHDNWvTFIsY
>>
>>331445713
Werehog levels were a steaming pile of shit. Grinding rings for items needed to make progress was a dumb idea but at least things were cheap so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Sun and moon coins were a stupid idea and also had hitboxes ranging from unforgiving to downright broken. The rest of the game was okay.
>>
Day stages are pretty fun. Everything else is a bit of a slog. Overall, it's mediocre like most Sonic games.

Fortunately all the days stages were ported to Generations, with all the bonus stages and DLC being ported over as we speak. So there's no real reason to play it anymore.
>>
>>331445713

Make a great game and add in the worst filler possible in between the great parts to increase runtime. That's Sonic Unleashed.
>>
File: 1376208484795.png (34 KB, 647x773) Image search: [Google]
1376208484795.png
34 KB, 647x773
>>331446286
>>331446449
>>331446461
>i enjoyed the werehog levels
>>
>>331446607
Then go play God of War instead.
>>
>>331445713
I won't speak for the "consensus", since it's obvious half the people who talked about it never even played it. Or they played one level just to shit out a stupid review:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/sonic-unleashed-review/1900-6202025/

But I and a lot of other series fans believe that overall, it was good. The Sonic gameplay worked and set the stage for Generations (and Colors I guess, though IMO Colors does it a lot worse). Meanwhile, the Werehog gameplay is easily the best non-Sonic gameplay in the series. If it was a standalone game it'd be alright, but nothing special. As it stands, the gameplay is mainly just an experiment in padding out Sonic games - how do you create a product that people want to pay $60 for, when the levels can be completed in under an hour without prior knowledge? Enter Werehog, medal collecting and hub worlds.
>>
I remember liking the story.
>>
>>331445713
Daytime stages are fucking amazing
Werehog stages are fucking gay
Villages were fucking boring talk to people shit with awful art styles
All that stuff about grinding gaia temple stones or whatever was dumb

Good day time stages that are far and in between the needless padding.
>>
>>331446950

The art style isn't shit, it's like Pixar.
>>
>>331445713
>was hated
Wrong, it was considered alright and a step in the right direction. Main complaints are that Werehog isn't as fun as Sonic, and the game requires Medals collection to progress. (DESU though collecting the medals is very easy)
>>
File: teleport.gif (1007 KB, 273x429) Image search: [Google]
teleport.gif
1007 KB, 273x429
>>331446869
Worst score than Sonic 06... the score meme needs to die permanently
>>
>tfw I got the wii version when it came out but never got far in it

Is the wii version good or is it much worse than the 360/PS3 versions?
>>
>>331447124

Not him, but come on. It was unappealing at least. They were better off doing realistic designs than what we got. Even the anime people from SA1 would've been better.
>>
File: image.jpg (450 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450 KB, 1200x1200
>people think boost2win is good gameplay
>>
>>331447426
does the guy in the gif have a youtube channeL?
>>
>>331447493
Much worse. Sonic controls like that 90s game with the fruity music (Sonic Racing or something) and the Werehog has like 5x as many levels.
>>
It was ok but the Werehog stages were way too long
>>
>>331445713
I enjoyed it thoroughly.
>>
>>331448441
Okay I will just play the generations mod then.
>>
>>331447749
Oh so you only played the first 2 levels
>>
It's a game that combines the woest brawler ever made with one of the best platform games of all time.

Fuck game critics, and thank the Lord for the five million Sonic fans who bought this game. Including me. Twice. Goddamn european Playstation Store.
>>
File: 914.jpg (19 KB, 545x380) Image search: [Google]
914.jpg
19 KB, 545x380
>>331445713
The last big budget Sonic game we'll ever get.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.