[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people want another Red Dead game so much? Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: rid did.jpg (10 KB, 301x168) Image search: [Google]
rid did.jpg
10 KB, 301x168
Why do people want another Red Dead game so much? Everything a western game could have done was already done in RDR, which wasn't even that good. Aside from the story it was basically GTA4 in an empty map that replaced cars with horses.

I'm salty because you fucktards begging for a rehash of Red Dead Redemption means that San Diego are less likely to make another Midnight Club and give the racing genre the kick up the arse that it needs.
>>
A pcuck like yourself wouldn't understand.
>>
>>331442749
I don't even have a PC. Midnight Club hasn't been on PC since MCII
>>
>>331442181
>Everything a western game could have done was already done in RDR, which wasn't even that good
Newsflash kiddo, people have different tastes

>"why do people want more of something that they liked?!"
Really?
>>
Did everything fun about a wild-west game in a couple of hours without turning into a shitty puma simulator. Was fun while it lasted, and quit before it got boring.

RDR a shit.
>>
it's almost as if it was a very successful, critically acclaimed game with a huge fanbase

I wonder why people would want another one...

also OP you're not le epic cool guy for being a contrarian. stop trying so hard.
>>
So as far as PC racing games out there now. Which is more content rich?
>>
>>331444014
the old NFS Blacklist will always be the best racing game
>>
>>331443710
Again, RDR already did everything a western could do. What is the point of a sequel? It would be the exact same game.
>>
>You will never play Outlaws To The End with your friends ever again

To this day some of the most fun I've ever had with co-operative missions.
>>
>>331444308
Holy fuck you cunt people loved it soo they want more of that...geez is not that hard
>>
>>331444414
RDR multiplayer is still up, dude. You can go and play Outlaws to the End right fucking now.
>>
>>331442181
>Why do people want another Red Dead game so much?
Do they?
I don't think they do.

RDR was plenty of time spent in the west. If there's another western game I'd like it to have some sort of exiting story. Not necessarily open world but with plenty of adventure elements.
>>
I'm a sucker for westerns, and RDR shenanigans is the only reason I still have my 360 hooked up. I'd love for there to be a sequel, or even a port.
>>
>>331444703
I'd love for a port that has better framerate and maybe a first person mode
>>
>no indians
>no scalping
>barely any mines/gold mining
>no swimming
>no big steamboats
That's all I can really think of, most of that stuff is in Gun anyway.
>>
I really liked the atmosphere of RDR.
>>
>>331444571
What are you? Steven Speilberg? Westerns are never going away.
>>
>>331444570
On 360 its broken as fuck though, servers dont work and there are barely any people in basic TDM
>>
>>331442749
Why do sonyfriends always insist on shitposting?

>>331442181
Shit OP.
RDR is Rockstar's finest game to date imo. Great setting, story and gameplay. I did everything in the game and got the 100% achievement.
If they can improve on what they did right in RDR even further I'd love to see a seque.
>>
RDR suck ass because Jawn Marston move like an old man, the missions sick ass, the story is not that exciting and the map is a wasteland.

You know they are out of their mind when they do those herding cattle missions.
>>
>>331445169
This isn't /tv/. Westerns never really arrived into video games the way WW2 or dude runs on platforms did.
>>
>>331445296
How old are you?
>>
File: 1455761032228.jpg (99 KB, 639x800) Image search: [Google]
1455761032228.jpg
99 KB, 639x800
>>331445272

>Why do Humans always insist on shitposting?
FTFY
>>
>>331445272
>Why do sonyfriends always insist on shitposting?
No one knows but it's why they're considered the worst fanbase.
>>
>>331445272
>Great setting, story
Sure
>gameplay
How? Shooting is the same as the on in GTAIV. And instead of driving you're pretty much running fast everywhere. I mean there's not nothing fun about controlling a horse, it's exactly like running. And there's no radio. And no boats/planes/helis. It plays pretty poorly, let's be honest. The world is very well made though.
>>
>>331444861
There were natives later in the game though
>>
Gun was better than rdr anyway
>>
>>331445757

The world is well made but there's fuck all in it
It's just a pretty desert.

Rockstar San Diego made some of the greatest racing games of all time and people would rather they keep rehashing watered down GTA games every year. Redemption was good as a one off, I don't know why you'd want to run the series into the ground.
>>
>>331442181
>Train robberies were only limited to a single story mission, bank robberies were just "press button at safe, get max wanted level"
>there were only like two of them
>bounties were way too basic and not at all unique
>money felt useless once you bought the few guns the game had
>the environment was atmospheric but felt really small once you traveled through it once
>too few settlements, big and small
>linear as fuck story where your character doesn't really 'side' with anyone, so no dirty dozen kind of shit, just detatched indifferent yes-man jumping from setting to setting to, vaguely, cover as much western fanservice as possible. either narrow that shit, or give the player a choice to stick something out
>alignment/moral system was utter shit with nothing particularly interesting happening at either end besides a horse/item
>bounty hunters after the player were a joke and again not unique or interesting
>for a western game, it felt dumb not having some type of requirement to regularly camp/seek lodging/eat/forage/hunt to stay alive or in better condition

i could go on. there's a lot they could improve or add.
but two can play at this game. another midnight club? the series already did everything a street racing game could do! you just want a rehash with new cars?! how dare you!
>>
>>331443710

Call-of-Juarez, -: Never heard of this game, is it anything like RDR or is it just a shooter in the midwest?
>>
File: 1415915163928.jpg (71 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1415915163928.jpg
71 KB, 887x1097
>>331446484
>>
>>331446484
What a lie and a half.
>>
>>331443710
Games really have lost the art of pacing themselves.
>>
>>331442181
Maybe they can make multiplayer not suck this time around.

All they have to do is add a lot more stagecoaches. That shit was hilarious, rolling around Mexico with four banditos hanging out the windows firing off in all directions.
>>
File: Gun-2006-PC.jpg (26 KB, 318x235) Image search: [Google]
Gun-2006-PC.jpg
26 KB, 318x235
>>331442181
It's possibly the greatest game ever made but didn't even have bow & arrows. Pic related did some things better in terms of being a Western game.
>>
>>331446642
gunslinger was fantastic, didn't play the others.
gunslinger is an arcadey fps with an unreliable narrator 'driving' the story, so there's a lot of fun little changes to the levels or enemies as you're playing.

also has some good boss battles, but some are really fucking shit too.

i'd recommend it just for the narration and storytelling alone, though. helps that the gameplay that comes with it is pretty damn good most of the time too.

linear story broken up into levels, though. not free-roam like rdr. don't go in expecting rdr.
>>
>>331446437
>>331446437

So basically you want a Redemption rehash with a different map and some new meme features every year?

>another midnight club? the series already did everything a street racing game could do! you just want a rehash with new cars?! how dare you!

Feels like you know fuck all about racing games. Last I checked there aren't any other open world racing games with deep customisation and a detailed world other than Midnight Club LA which had its multiplayer shut down.

There was however, an open world western game with a big empty desert to explore, a good storyline and animals to look at, and the multiplayer is still up.
>>
>>331446484
>ageist grandpa
Oh I remember my first shitpost
>>
>>331447152
It took me awhile to realise why RDR was so boring, i'd essentially already done the same shit in GUN.
>>
>>331447152
best thing about Gun is being able to drift while riding horses.
>>
File: 4chan.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
4chan.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>331442181
>wanting a new racing game
Fucking kill yourself
that genre is filled with games
i want a new Western open world game from rockstar, not some car shit
>>
>>331447194
>>So basically you want a Redemption rehash with a different map and some new meme features every year?
i didn't say every year. you specifically said "another rdr" not "an annual series". turning it into madden would be terrible - no shit, good call!

a new story, more player choices and larger or more fleshed out environments would already make it more than a rehash. add to that the improvements or additions to the existing mechanics i mentioned, you'd be even more retarded for still calling it one. literally any sequel would be one under that criteria.
and again, could say the same. feels like you know fuck all about westerns if you think rdr covered everything a western could, and it sure as shit didn't do it optimally. i love it, but that won't stop me from admitting every 'feature' came out half baked.

>There was however, an open world western game with a big empty desert to explore, a good storyline and animals to look at, and the multiplayer is still up.
and people want more, and they want it better.
i mean i hope you get your midnight club successor, but your argument can literally be said right back at you. that you're salty other people want the same fucking thing just geared towards them is pretty silly.
at the very least, if i want a rdr 'rehash', you want a midnight club 'rehash'. which i don't, and you don't. but again, your logic, not mine.
>>
>>331447194
No one said anything about an annual release. That would be an absolutely retarded move seeing what it did to Asscreed, COD, Sims etc.
>>
The real culprit here is GTA
>>
lots of people here just don't cant grasp the essence of what made gta so amazing, that game is a stunning work of art and its a real shame that your vision is too shallow to see that
>>
>>331442181
I honestly don't want a new one. Just update the graphics and release it for current gen and PC and I'll be perfectly happy.

They aren't going to be able to top it much and at this point it's going to be a disappointment if they try.
>>
>>331445272

>Why do sonyfriends always insist on shitposting?

Who said anything about Sony? The game isn't a Sony exclusive.
>>
Can't tell if this is a shill thread or pure faggotry.

Red Dead is simply one of the greatest games ever made. Aside from the storyline being one the best of all time, the characters were amazing, the gunplay, horsephysics and everything else was done perfectly. The soundtrack is one of the best things ever done in or out of video games.

A sequel is much needed. Some people say it should be a totally new story but Martson is so beloved that I think a prequel is in order. One where they start his life as he joins Dutch's gang. Would be epic.
>>
>>331447434
I liked how you drank whiskey to heal yourself
>>
>>331446484
Enjoy your permaban. Hope you dont have a static IP. Even kidding about being underage is a bannable offense.
>>
>horse ride to mission
>shoot badguys
>horse ride to next area
>shoot badguys
>ride back with "we think this is smart dialogue but its not."
>rinse and repeat

Once you meat the General in Mexico you realize the game is a boring horse ride simulator. One of the most underwhelming video games Ive ever played and dont get me fucking started on the farm missions.
>>
Gun was basic and Gunslinger is a gimmick game.

Pathetic comparing RDR to those hack attempts. RDR is a way of life. Those are pieces of plastic. You can feel Marston's pulse as you play the game. Easily one of the greatest characters ever made. If you can't relate to him, you have no soul.
>>
>>331452936

>horseride to mission

Would you rather walk? They make it so you can teleport through a campfire gimmick but then you'd lose out on exploring the amazing map.

>shoot badguys
What are you supposed to do, try and reason with them?

>horseride to next area

We're in the west after all. But they also have stagecoaches and the campfire teleport.

>shoot badguys
now you're just reaching

>dialogue
Incredible dialogue. You can't be serious.

>rinse and repeat

The story built up perfectly. Marston was a degenerate scumbag and yet the character was so raw and visceral that you couldn't help but sympathize with him as he tried to atone for his past. That's what sets this game apart. You add Undead Nightmare and its first ballot HOF material.
>>
>>331453762
You argued none of his points and wasted my time. Fuck you.
>>
>>331454307

this is bait. I addressed everything. Try again neckbeard
>>
>>331452936
>boring horse ride simulator

consolefags do not talk like this.
ugh, stay the fuck out of our threads you jelous PCuck
>>
>>331444861
>not driving a stagecoach into the water and rafting on top of it
>>
Fuck Sony, paid online, ps4 etc. You can't deny RDR is a 10/10 game though,unless you haven't played it or you're a pleb
>>
>hardcore free roam on 360
>probably the most unfriendly community on xbox at the time

For a time it was great when the community was big enough to have no trouble finding full lobbies, but small enough that you could establish a reputation.

You were shit out of luck if you didn't have friends to posse up with. If you did, it was so goddamn fun screwing with all the shitty clans and exploiting the game with the knife teleport glitch, getting off the map, ect...

>posse of american army soldiers
>act as border patrol, securing the border between U.S. and mexico from players using Mexican characters

You really just made your own fun online.

>All the based French-Canadian players who smoked weed all day and were fun as fuck
>ganging up on certain players and following them to different lobbies until they quit

Good times.
>>
>Everything a ______ game could have done was already done in ________
I guess everyone should stop making video games then. Once anything's done in any genre, it's all been fully explored. Why make another racing game if you already played a game where you drove cars around? They're all exactly the same after all.
>>
I literally came here to post a reply to someone that said
>Red Dead Redemption 2
But I'm glad that no one was retarded to say such a thing.
>>
I remember when this came out and everyone pretty much agreed that it was ok but kind of boring and wasted potential

but now that /v/ is rockhard about console vs pc shit it's a masterpiece because EXCLUSIVE. Like Dragons Dogma until it got exposed wide open with its PC release
>>
>>331457386
PC > Consoles but RDR is a masterpiece
>>
>>331442181
I liked the story, the characters and the gameplay. There aren't a lot of good western games like it. The map felt like it really was Wild West.
>>
Swift Dead Showstoppers
when?

I need a game about Mother Fucking Jack Swift.
>>
>>331447302
this

RDR felt really good in a lot of things, but when it came down to gameplay and being a videogame, it's outclassed by GUN

unfortunately, we'll never have a game that combines both games
>>
The gore system in RDR was great. Popping headshots felt pretty powerful.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.