[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> The core symptom of depersonalization-derealization disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
> The core symptom of depersonalization-derealization disorder is the subjective experience of "unreality in one's sense of self,"[12] or detachment from one's surroundings. People who are diagnosed with depersonalization also experience an urge to question and think critically about the nature of reality and existence.[11]

> Individuals who experience depersonalization can feel divorced from their own personal physicality by sensing their body sensations, feelings, emotions and behaviors as not belonging to themselves. As such, a recognition of one's self breaks down. Depersonalization can result in very high anxiety levels, which can intensify these perceptions even further.
>>
File: 1.png (18 KB, 407x399) Image search: [Google]
1.png
18 KB, 407x399
>>331418520
>>
TL;DR
Venom is Jack, but the GZ trauma has made him dissociate himself from his self.
>>
File: 1400097523710.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1400097523710.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
That sounds too familiar
>>
You'd have a point if the tapes didn't literally spell it out for you that Medic is an actual thing.
Fuck off.
>>
>>331419267
>You'd have a point if the tapes didn't literally spell it out for you that Medic is an actual thing.

Some tapes might be hallucinations though. Because the tapes by Paz can't technically exist.
>>
>>331419267
Yeah but if you desperately want to be Jack you can argue about the tapes being unreliable since Paz has tapes.
>>
>>331419943
The Medic is an expert voice mimic.

Listen to the last Paz tape and tell me he didn't make those himself.
>>
why does red orchestra always crash? I had the maddest streak of arty going on peleliu and bam I'm out the game
>>
>>331419943
Even if the tapes are hallusionations, the ending still has Miller claim he'll make Venom and Solid strong enough to take down Big Boss.

But then Solid kills Venom and Miller doesn't sound upset, so... gg Kojima and your retcons
>>
>>331421576
Imagine being a soldier patrolling the medical strut and you come across the boss standing on an empty platform talking to himself in Paz's voice.
>>
File: Ishmael.png (1000 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ishmael.png
1000 KB, 1920x1080
>>331421803
>Even if the tapes are hallusionations, the ending still has Miller claim he'll make Venom and Solid strong enough to take down Big Boss.

Dude, the TRUTH mission literally starts with the qoute "Facts don't exist, only interpretations." by Friedrich Nietzsche. Not to mention it takes place during 1984, and in 1984, TRUTH=LIE. Ishmael also isn't missing an eye in the intro sequence, you know, the guy who's supposedly Big Boss? The whole Paz story arc also means that literally anything could be just something Venom Snake hallucinated.

I'm not going to sit here and say "NO YOU DON'T UNDESTAND, THIS IS THE WAY IT ACTUALLY IS." Because the reality is that you could make a case for both theories.

Was Ishmael an illusion? Or was he really Big Boss? We will never know, Kojima left it deliberately vague. So if people want to think Venom Snake is the real Big Boss, they can do so. Or vise versa.
>>
>>331422659
>We will never know, Kojima left it deliberately vague. So if people want to think Venom Snake is the real Big Boss, they can do so. Or vise versa.
No they can't. The entire game rams "Venom is fake" down your throat. You seem confused as to what the actual meaning of the quote is. Regardless of interpretation there has to be some event to actually interpret.

Venom is not Big Boss, he couldn't have been for him to be Venom. What's open to interpret is if he is an impostor or if he truly become Big Boss after Zero's operations and his or his operations.
>>
The official MGS timeline clearly states that Venom died in MG1 and the real Big Boss was the guy in MG2. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>331422190

Given everything else that goes on, this would barely even stand out.
>>
>>331418520
neat theory but I don't buy it. Kojima pushed the whole body double thing way too hard.
>>
>>331425290
>No they can't. The entire game rams "Venom is fake" down your throat. You seem confused as to what the actual meaning of the quote is. Regardless of interpretation there has to be some event to actually interpret.

Tons of shit throws this off though. How would you explain the fact that Ishmael's face clearly is Medic's face from Ground Zeroes?

Compare
>>331422659
>>331418520
>>
File: 1446109892278.jpg (75 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1446109892278.jpg
75 KB, 768x576
>>331426870
That was tame compared to the other thing he pushed really fucking hard
>>
File: 1355028424001.jpg (181 KB, 900x1069) Image search: [Google]
1355028424001.jpg
181 KB, 900x1069
>>331418520
i have dat shit and hate it.
It runined videgames for me because cant get immersed anymore.
>>
>>331421660
I feel you. Just got into very nice position on Fallen Fighters with my MkB to cut ruskies down from coming to C, but no, crash.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.