[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Join multiplayer game >Try to talk to people >Nobody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 1443195958059.png (16 KB, 536x500) Image search: [Google]
1443195958059.png
16 KB, 536x500
>Join multiplayer game
>Try to talk to people
>Nobody ever wants to chat
>If they do it's super serious "rush b" shit.

Are there any multiplayer games where people enjoy talking to each other and just having fun being social, instead of just trying to accomplish a task as fast and efficiently as possible? Preferably stuff where if you suck at the game no one will care.
>>
Every game has cool and shitty people.
Play more. Talk more.
>>
>>331409774
Alien Hominid PC when??
>>
>>331409861
I'm sure there's a few, but I'm looking for people not impossible to find.

For example, L4D2 has an atrocious community. Everyone is super fucking serious and will ban you for anything.

Even in a free game like WarFrame, no one ever talks. At least, I've never heard them talk. Is it a chat only thing? I want to hear voices.

Plus, in warframe, every game I've played online, people just try their absolute best to rush the mission and win. No one cares about even staying together.

Maybe I'll give TF2 another try. I doubt it's changed that much in the past 4 years or so since I last tried.
>>
I hear real life is the place for making friends and not the transient environment of online videogames
>>
>>331410265
Real life is shit and too constrained/dangerous.

I'm happy playing videogames and not going to random peoples houses or whatever from craigslist.

I want to be myself, not pretend to be someone else like I have to do in everyday life.

I can only be myself around my friends, but their not always around and we are different people anyway.
>>
>>331409774
Just go on Facebook.
>>
Who here misses xbox live 2007-2010?
>>
Have you tried MMOs you dumbass?
>>
>>331409774
>rush b
yeah only servers where people talk on cs are people with cuck fetishes on prisonbreak or edge lords who run surf map servers/clans. I actually miss the days where you could log on to an ISP's teamspeak group and shit talk with everyone.

>>331410179
L4D had a great community, I remember once I stopped playing it I had like 30+ people ask me to play and that they hadn't seen me on in ages.

TF2 has refined it's audience so hard that it's autistic people, children or autistic children. Plus there's the few gurl gamers who have their white night followings.

Warframe is pretty shit, not a bad game in premise but yeah games of those style end up being a forced grindfest by the community.

>>331410537
no
>>
>>331410589
MMOs are dead.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>331410525
Oh sure, it's so fun to have good conversations with everyone when all of the people there are fucking top tier normies who only talk about how much they loved the latest season of fucking game of thrones or something.

>>331410589
I tried runescape. Never found much there.

I tried second life. That had a few people, but it's hard to find them and it isn't fun to play.

It's my own problem, but I'm not a fan of most MMO's. Monthly payments or really shitty slow turn based gameplay is awful to me. But I'm free to suggestions.

>>331410673
>L4D had a great community

You are talking about the first game specifically, right? Not the series?
>>
ss13 is basically about the talking
>>
>>331410760
>L4D

Actually yeah come to think of it, first one. second one had it's moments but I remember alot more shitlords in it who would all grab spaz's and just try and rush, then just all leave if one of them died.
>>
>>331410885
It's a pretty commonly known fact nowerdays that L4D2 has probably the worst online community ever.

I'm not kidding. There's literally a thread about it on /v/ right now, and if you look at all the negative steam reviews, that's the exact reason why it gets those negative reviews. Every single one.

Probably has something to do with being free for that time. Not sure.
>>
>>331410760
>But I'm free to suggestions
Guild wars 2 has a pretty vibrant community
>>
>>331409774
If you want to talk to strangers, joining a communty discord server is your best choice in my opinion.
https://discord.gg/0Xc4Gfg3ZvIYz26m

This is the main /v/ discord as far as i know. They play games and watch movies together and make events in general.
I don't talk to them, i just watch them from afar.
>>
Are you talking about text or voice chat?

If text then most modern shooters etc are probably too fast to warrant chat. Play a slower paced game, like a sim or something similar.

I play Simulator Battles on War Thunder and there is tons of dead space in between take off and attacking so that's good for chat. Might recommend learning Russian, though.
>>
>>331411085
I'm more for voice chat, but I do want a fun game to play at the same time. Of course, that's extremely subjective, so I'm just asking about talking. I appreciate all suggestions.
>>
>>331409774
It can be hard if you don't have a stable group.
I've been playing a certain MMO with the same group of 10-20 people for more than 4 years and we play all sorts of other games together.
>>
>>331411361
I don't really have anyone like that, I'm afraid. I'm more looking for games where I can just join and find people talking about religion or animals or conspiracy theories or whatever.

I got lucky a few days back and managed to join a map on garrys mod where people were having a heated discussion about religion and was extremely entertained. I want more of that. Not specifically religion or whatever, just people who are willing to talk to each other in game, you know? Have a fun time sharing views.
>>
>>331411509
I have never experienced anyone talking about anything else than the game unless you befriend them. I think you are looking in the wrong community really.
Join a discord server .. seriously, it is your best option.
>>
>>331411509
Then you're not looking for a game, you're looking for a message board.
If you want to talk about something, just head over to that specific board.
/pol/ has alot of threads about religion for example.
>>
>>331411662
Here's the thing though. I'm more looking for voices chat, and not about just a particular topic, I'm just talking about shooting the shit in general. You know? I'd like to be playing a game while doing it as well, having more fun and stuff. I do miss my days of TF2 all those years back where I used to find a lot of people willing to talk about random stuff.

>>331411652
I'll check it out.
>>
Probably MMOs are your best bet but I know jack shit about them.
>>
>>331411792
Go outside nigga
>>
>>331413089
Outside is dangerous and there is no good with to communicate with a group of people randomly without seeming like a fucking freak.

Unless you join some sort of anime club I guess but fuck that.
>>
90% of the people i meet in online games are kids or memelords or both

i can be friendly to the occasional cool guy i come across but most of the time i don't bother
>>
>>331414084
I don't mind talking to either of those groups that much...

Depends, what sort of memelords are we talking about here? Are the kids complete retards or reasonable? I'm not the kind of person to hate someone just because they are young or whatever.

I'd fucking play club penguin if it had voice chat.
>>
you're a grown man, should realize by now that internet communication accomplishes nothing and if anything just makes a person lonelier and less capable of carrying a conversation face to face

if you're a narcissist and want to monologue about your day like a woman then expect to be shit on
>>
>>331414418
I'm not narcissistic, nor am I particularly lonely. I have a group of friends and go to parties occasionally, along with meetings lots of people through my various study groups and stuff.

Fact is, I love the atmosphere that a game allows when in comes to chat. It's a lot more open and fun and no one really gives a shit what topic comes up because you're all just strangers who will part ways in an hour or so.

I'm not looking just for talking, I do want to be playing a game at the same time, hence my asking.
>>
>>331414542
Hey doesn't CS:GO have gg_, ze_, or mg_ servers? Maybe you could try those
>>
>>331409774
I've been playing ARK for 2 months. Literally the best community game I've played in a long time.
>Still miss karamja docks fishing lobsters
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.