[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IMAGINE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: WOW.jpg (58 KB, 425x376) Image search: [Google]
WOW.jpg
58 KB, 425x376
Imagine my surprise when I opened the box up to find an actual game booklet in game case. What other games still do this? Pic related.
Why did other games top this?
>>
self bump, forgot to add that this game is comfy af.
>>
>>331387928
Xseed always put manuals in their games
>>
>>331387928
Is it full of character artwork and silly little bios?
>>
>>331388081
That's great. Now the game has lost some of its charm, I thought it was some kind of special snowflake.
>>
>>331387928
Other game companies stopped doing this to save money on production costs and because memory space is no longer an issue for digital manuals.
>>
>>331388396
yeah, its pretty cute. To think that after only a few years of not seeing a booklet, seeing one for the first time in a long time would feel like a real treat.
>>
>>331388741
Was it always that big of an issue? My gripe with digital manuals is that they are so bare bones. I mean, learning to save or eras files is not that hard. Seeing the artwork was always a plus in having a physical copy. I think the only possible pro for having a digital manual is that they can be updated?
>>
Shovel knight had a pretty big manual
>>
>>331389182
It can become a significant cost for the publisher, and it's a shame that so few games come with them nowadays. I remember curling up in bed and reading through beastly RPG manuals 20 years ago. I used to love that new manual smell. So many memories.
>>
>>331389979
>it's a shame that so few games come with them nowadays
They all still do in Japan. Western publishers are cheap as fuck and would sell the game carts/discs to you in a simple envelope if they could get away with it.
>>
File: 1454713647020.png (1 KB, 120x135) Image search: [Google]
1454713647020.png
1 KB, 120x135
I thought the lack of manuals was because save the trees and all that
>>
>>331390602
Well it is about saving green...
>>
>>331390749
Isn't that the same thing
>>
I really do miss booklets a lot.
The random information and art in them was great.
>>
>>331387928
super mario maker came with an artbook.
>>
>>331387928
I was genuinely surprised when I opened up SK2 for booklet as well. Man it's been ages since I've last read through such a thing. I may as well pick up this one too for the booklet as well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.