[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you played Azure Striker Gunvolt before? Did you like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 340.png (85 KB, 232x340) Image search: [Google]
340.png
85 KB, 232x340
Have you played Azure Striker Gunvolt before?

Did you like it?
>>
Yeah it's my go-to game to kill time, but it can be boring after a while because I don't upgrade my weapons. As such I haven't beaten it yet.
>>
File: 1412038127050.jpg (554 KB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
1412038127050.jpg
554 KB, 1414x2000
>>331380630
Yes and yes.
>>
File: Gunvolt Thanksgiving.jpg (370 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Gunvolt Thanksgiving.jpg
370 KB, 1024x576
Yes

It was ok, though sometimes I just want to shoot things instead of tag and zap
>>
File: 1425166004399.jpg (119 KB, 800x675) Image search: [Google]
1425166004399.jpg
119 KB, 800x675
>>331383920
>It was ok, though sometimes I just want to shoot things instead of tag and zap
There's a gun for that.
>>
File: 46857718_p14.png (298 KB, 560x640) Image search: [Google]
46857718_p14.png
298 KB, 560x640
>>331380630
I liked it but I know it's not perfect.
>>
>>331380630
Bought it a couple weeks ago.

Despite looking the part it doesn't really play like Megaman and the stages are so incredibly easy it's criminal. The "meat" of the challenge is on redoing the same stages and fulfilling certain conditions (missions).
It's disappointing, but if you've already played the Mega Man sagas it's the closest you'll get to something new.
>>
File: gunvolt_gv2_gv_concept.jpg (112 KB, 877x620) Image search: [Google]
gunvolt_gv2_gv_concept.jpg
112 KB, 877x620
>>331380630
Yes, and I'm impatiently waiting for summer to arrive.
>>
I played the demo and the tag and zap mechanic got old really quickly. Plus the level design wasn't great. Given how generous the demo was with content, my guess is the main game is more of the same. Would fuck Gunvolt though.
>>
I don't particularly like having to tag stuff and then wait for it to die, but I really like being able to dash at a solid pace instead of mashing the button like I'm used to.

I played it for like 5 hours yesterday playing levels and replaying them to get the gems and then the game froze and I lost 3 hours of progress. I'll wait a while before playing it some more probably.
>>
why do people keep saying bad level design?
how is it bad? how could it be good?
can you show me some examples of good level design?
Should it have hidden rooms? should it be like more vertical? are you talking about graphics?
>>
>>331388517
When people say poor level design, I'd say it's because there's not too much variety in like the obstacles or layout. There are a lot of sections that are just long hallways and things. It's nice to be seeing some stair-like formations in the GV2 trailer.
>>
>>331388906
I guess long corridors never bothered me.
>>
It's a pretty good game but the whole electric field mechanic is dumb. Pretty much kills the whole thing. It's a shame too because theres a decent game underneath it
>>
It was alright.

GV2 looks better, rival guy looks much more fun to play and levels look better.
>>
>>331389063
I wasn't too bothered by the level design myself but I could see improvements.

>>331389107
They did that to make it different from the games that inspired this series I think. Copen looks fun to play in GV2 so I wonder how that'll be like.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.