[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mega Sega
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Cd6JzgZUAAAl-ih.jpg (53 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Cd6JzgZUAAAl-ih.jpg
53 KB, 600x338
>people question why Sega failed
>"th-they were once rival to nintendo, what happened?"
>literally everyone living in a first world country can name every single character on the left
>most people(including gamers) would struggle naming at least 3 from the right
Why is this?
>>
>>331380492
You should have said 4. Everybody knows Sonic, Tails and Knuckles at the very least.

Besides, half of Sega's success back when they were big was being EA's favorite son. That audience going to Sony and Microsoft was one of the things that went wrong for them.
>>
amy rose, sticks the badger, knuckles the echidna, metal sonic, miles "tails" prower

i haven't played sonic since i was a kid.
>>
People don't question why SEGA failed. It's well documented.
>>
>>331380492
The only person there someone couldn't name is the boom girl.
>not knowing sonic, amy, tails, knuckles and metal sonic
>>
Say what you want about Sega, but they've made a lot more quality games lately than Nintendo.
>>
>>331380492
thats because nintendo knew how to handle their ips properly.
>>
Because the guys on the left besides Jr are all characters who have been pushed in nearly every Mario game for like 30 years.

Dicks the Beaver has been in a cartoon and 1 video game. Amy and Chuckles only show up whenever they feel like it. Metal has like three games where he's actually important.
>>
>>331381340
>not knowing sonic, amy, tails, knuckles and metal sonic

A lot of people don't know Amy and Metal Sonic. More people know Tails and Knuckles, but the only who is as iconic as anyone from the Mario side is Sonic himself.
>>
>>331381463
It is sad that Sega is basically depending on Relic and SI to save their asses.
>>
>>331382572
>three games
>CD
>Heroes
What's the third? 3?
>>
>>331382572
>Chuckles
his name is Nipples the Enchilada get it right
>>
>>331383198
Sonic 4 or Chaotix
>>
>>331383487
I wouldn't know that since I don't play trash.
>>
>>331383487
Well why the fuck did you ask, dumbass?
>>
>>331383487
>>331383745
Are you okay?
>>
>>331383745
meant for>>331383565
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.