[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2 (vanilla)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 256x369
New fag here, I just bought dark souls 2 on steam and I was wondering if there was any secrets or tips and tricks I should know about
>>
>>331376251
Learn to get by without blocking, there's no excuse for going without the 2 handed damage boost. Also avoid spells for your first playthrough unless you're doing a full spell caster build, it cheapens the experience. Also you can put off the Ruin Sentinels for a few areas, you pussy.
>>
>>331376251
Dont rely on blocking, i dont remember the game that much but i remember that there is a boss that hops around like a faggot and will fuck your shit if you rely on blocking.
>>
>>331377464
What this anon said. Also don't be afraid to experiment with and upgrade any weapons you like, there's tons of materials to play around with.
And level Adaptability.
>>
Level adaptability until your agility is anywhere from ~95-105 depending on how comfortable you are with rolling

Most enemies are weak to strike so clubs,maces,hammers, etc. wreck most of the game.
>>
>>331376251
Dark Souls 1 combat was better
>>
>>331376251
refunding the game and buying ds1
>>
DaS2 is shit, the game is so fucking shitty, all the areas are a shitfest, armor and weapons are the worst of the worst, NPC are easily the shittiest of the whole series, bosses suck ass, combat is like easily the shittiest shit ever shitted

...can i be accepted now?
>>
>>331379206
Some of the armors were okay and most of the DLC bosses were enjoyable but you're right on everything else
>>
>>331378458
>>331378572
Ignore this.
>>
>>331376251
buy ds1 instead idiot
>>
>>331378458
DaS1 has the worst combat in the series.
>>
>>331376251
git gud
>>
>>331379609
Ignore this, Follow the others.
>>
>>331376251
Get a refund.
>>
>>331376251
you can beat 90% of the game with just a mace as long as you keep upgrading it when you get the material
>>
>>331381126
This.

Ignore
>>331378458
>>331378572

Just like he said. 3 /v/'s agreed so it's true.
>>
>>331376251
play Dark Souls 1 first, if you haven't already, learn to appreciate the og's
>>
>>331376251
First off, ignore all the inevitable shitposting that's going to snowball in this thread because of the "DS2 is bad" meme. While perhaps not quite on the level of DS1 (PvE-wise), DS2 is still fantastic with a ton of content.

Learn to dodge roll AND move out of enemy attack ranges. Don't rely so much on blocking. Tip toe in to enemy's attack ranged to get them to swing, then take a few steps back and move in to attack at the end of their attack patterns.

Leveling ADP to at least 15-20 would probably be a good idea for a new player early on. Don't deplete all your stamina by swinging wildly at enemies. Always leave a little to dodge roll in a pinch.

Take your time on bosses. Study their attack patterns first before attacking.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.