[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is no one here talking about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: saltlogo.gif (3 MB, 1000x512) Image search: [Google]
saltlogo.gif
3 MB, 1000x512
Why is no one here talking about it?
>>
>>331372674
Indy console exclusive, probably.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it, though. Having a fucking blast with it.
>>
File: 1414098843104.jpg (64 KB, 523x411) Image search: [Google]
1414098843104.jpg
64 KB, 523x411
>>331372674
I think the game is fucking sweet, but for some reason there is relentless shitposting for this game so discussion is not easy. I just don't get it man
>>
>>331372674
Souls-like, indie and only on PS4 for now

A shitposters wet dream
>>
>>331372674
/v/ is (pun intended) salty that it's not on PC yet. Expect it to become extremely popular after the PC release.
>>
because its shit

fuck off vaati
>>
Having a blast playing it, just wish there was a way to play with friends through remote play with out loosing their character data after we quit the game
>>
Doesn't look that fun to me (I won't call it shit cause I'm not a mindless /v/ DRONE!!!) but I absolutely despise the bad character art and the weak Souls-esque boss themes. Seems really poor in those two categories.
>>
I assume because the developer is indie. (if you haven't noticed overall animosity towards indie at the moment, then I don't know what to tell you)
>>
loving it so far

just beat the third lamb, pretty neat boss but a little easy once you get its pattern down
>>
DUDE DARK SOULS INSPIRED LMAO
>>
>>331374029
Nice meme
>>
>>331373970
Or even better play with people that are online
>>
>>331374029
>inspired

nah, it's just straight up dark souls
>>
>>331374106
Yeah, I don't get why they didn't do online co-op
Ska Studio's done multiplayer before.
>>
I wish PS4 had trials like xbla had on 360
>>
Tree of Men can go fuck itself, what a terrible boss.

I'm having fun with the game overall, but it feels way WAY more frustrating than anything in the Souls series.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Anyone else have issues with pic related? Half of her fucking attacks will kill you immediately if you don't roll correctly, and even when you do, it'll poke at your HP. No other boss gives me issues except her
>>
>>331374008
>at the moment
Bit of an understatement.

It's stupid considering AAA is also hated. (but on the down low everybody plays them anyway for some reason)
>>
File: 1429077376495.png (16 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
1429077376495.png
16 KB, 250x391
>Obliterated
>Bonfires

How is this allowed?
>>
>>331372674
I'm pretty disappointed with the skill tree. I was hoping for a bunch of unique skills and maybe interesting combos within them, but instead its just a bunch of weapon unlocks and stat boosts.
>>
>>331374008
Yeah right, if it was on PC it would be getting several threads. Unfortunately /v/ is plagued by people who subscribe to a single gaming platform.
>>
>>331374639
This.

Also,

>it's a fucking skill tree

I fucking hate when games do this. Just let me level up whatever i want for fuck's sake.
>>
>>331374607
i mean if you're allowed to be SUCH a fag why not, right?
>>
Can I level as much as I want or is there a reason not to like in Souls and BB?
>>
>>331374443
Get a greatsword or great-hammer/axe
use a blessed page
Kill her in about 10 jump attacks
>>
File: 1322525393824.jpg (49 KB, 794x517) Image search: [Google]
1322525393824.jpg
49 KB, 794x517
>>331374431
Yeah I feel you dude. I died like 10 times to The Third Lamb but I'm kinda coasting through the game now. I think the regular enemies are much harder than the bosses, at least later on.

>Teleporting skeletons
>That fuck off knight on the way to the Far Beach
>The knights on horses
>Flaming skulls
>The little teleporting knights
>Literally any flying enemy
>Those female Nitos in the Ziggurat of Dust
>>
So is this a true rpg where you level stats and get loot or is it like castlevania NES where you just play through different stages and beat a boss?
>>
>>331375959
Its dark souls
In 2d.
>>
>>331372674
Is it worth 17.99?
>>
>>331376436
Yes.

I just beat it today and had 30 hours playtime on that character.
18 bucks is more than worth it if you can enjoy the game.
>>
>>331376820

No.

>>331376820

Shut the fuck up Vaati.
>>
>>331372674
The greatsword is fucking hilarious OP, it is barely any slower than the normal long sword and does like 4x as much damage.

I've beat every boss first try so far, it's too easy.
>>
I beat it earlier today and it was pretty fun.
I did have a few issues with it though.
Transmuting some weapons into other weapon types prevents them from being transmuted back into the original weapon type. I mean, a giant pair of scissors is cool and all, but I kind of just wanted to check out the other Greatswords, and I couldn't do that for the rest of my first playthrough because you only get one per game unless you're part of one of the poorly explained covenants, in which case you can buy one from the blacksmiths, and I already overrid the Three Sanctuary in Smiley Town before I made my giant scissors. Greatswords/scissors are also incredibly OP in general.

Not just being able to transport from Sanctuary to Sanctuary without the guide seems kind of pointless honestly, because then you're just buying Calling Horns to transport back to Sanctuaries with guides in order to move to Sanctuaries you actually want to go to. Calling horns aren't that expensive and money isn't hard to come by, so it's just more of an unnecessary extra step to move around the world quickly.

I really wasn't a big fan of some of the later platforming segments in the game, mainly the Pitchwoods. Also fuck those unicorn enemies in the Pitchwoods.

Also the story didn't seem to actually exist at all. I mean, you were looking for a princess, and then suddenly your objective changes right at the end to killing this guy and then the game is over.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Beat it in about 13 hours and didn't get that frustrated with it other than some of the platforming segments
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.