[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skill in gaming...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 395x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 395x323
All skill no luck. What games do you feel require skill to dominate in /v/ pic just a suggestion.
>>
>>331335465
I played Unreal Tournament for the first time ever a few months back. I managed to win just about every game I played. I've only racked in 2 hours, barely play it though
>>
>>331335465

I feel everything just requires enormous amounts of time played.

And I'm right.
>>
>>331335993
I don't know how matchmaking works, but it could be because of that. Anyone with any expeirence in shooters can get into arena shooters really quickly, but takes a while to climb the curve.
>>
>>331336196
Well yeah, that would imply practicing the game.
If you spend a lot of time practicing something you're bound to get good at it.
>>
>>331336657

So nothing requires skill, everything just requires a lot of time spent playing the game.
>>
>>331336726
I'd say skill can be a learned trait when it comes to completing specific activities like being good at arena shooters. People can have natural skill or ability, sure, but if anyone puts enough time into practicing properly they'll get good at that thing. Tiger Woods or Micheal Jordan are both good examples of this.
>>
>>331335465
Is this even a good UT game?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 506x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 506x660
>>331337320
Sort of
>>
Monster Hunter
>>
>>331338173
Really fag? The ultimate example of hit it till it dies is hard for you?
>>
>>331338768
>hard
Read the OP again. Also any game can be reduced to "Do x until y"
>>
>>331337320

It plays like a mix between 99 and 2004 (99's movement and weapons + 2004's vehicles) but it lacks game modes (no Domination, no Assault, no Bombing Run). I like the feel and balance of the game, but man do I miss Domination.
>>
>>331339118
Yea cause all games are that simple. Retard.
>>
>>331339576
>UT
>shoot other players until they die
>>
>>331335465
Doesn't matter because skill based games are dead.

Pick any flavor of casual team-based shit with clamps on the skill cap and randomization littered throughout. It wont matter because the majority of you are trash anyhow.
>>
All of you are delusional faggots.
>>
>>331335465
Starsiege
Because it really is just an arena shooter with dogfighting elements
>>
>>331341193
Finally a anon that suggest a game title as per OPs question. Thank you sir for you are of moderate intelligence and coherent function.
>>
Anyone down to play cod mod war 3???
>>
File: 1430735498060.jpg (21 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
1430735498060.jpg
21 KB, 200x283
>>331336726
What exactly is your definition of skill?
>>
its the worst one but any UT is at least good
>>
>>331342321
I agree with you anon they are all solid. I prefer UT over quake. But that's just my preference
>>
>>331335465

>game require skill
>ut3

no
>>
>>331342110
I thought we were discussing games that require skill. Not hillbilly hunting simulators
>>
Played Reflex, Toxikk and UT alpha and I'm just not feeling arena shooters anymore.

What can be done to give these games some new life? I can't be the only one that's tired of rehashed gameplay slapped onto a new engine.
>>
>>331344428
Anon that's why I feel that doom 4 at least from a multiplayer aspect is going to fail.
>>
>>331344593
Yeah, I agree. I was in the alpha and it's just arena lite, slowed and dumbed down for consoles, even to the 60 fps lock of idtech6. Doom 3 MP died very quickly too from what I remember.
>>
>>331335465
First, define skill.

Second, give argumented exemples of games requiring skills according to that definition, and games that do not.

Preliminary answer:
All games require skill to a degree. That's it.
>>
>>331335465
I know people will give me shit for it but DeS, DaS1&2, and Bloodborne . Sure you can just get people to help out or even beat it for you but if you actually want to do it on your own luck won't account for much.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.