[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nobody talking about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Why is nobody talking about this?
>>
>>331329014
Everyday I try to talk about the latest pc games and no one even pity replies, if the game is not slightly popular, fat chance.
>>
>>331329226
>2013
>latest pc games

its 3 year old anon
>>
Pretty funny since you already made this thread today
>>
>>331329014
Pirated, finished it, its meh. Also is old as fuck.
>>
>narrative driven puzzle game

i wonder why
>>
>>331330813
No offense mate, but why would you pirate a good indie game? Do you have no consciensious?
>>
>>331331134
it's not good
>>
File: 1442551538896.gif (2 MB, 196x270) Image search: [Google]
1442551538896.gif
2 MB, 196x270
>Award-winning, narrative driven
>>
>>331331134
Its not a good game, stopped playing after some levels.
>>
>>331331134
Why would I buy a game when it's easy as shit to pirate with no repercussions? I have literally no reason to pay for it when I can just keep my money and spend it on something else.
>>
>>331331134
It is boring and mediocre also nobody gives a shit. I only buy games of devs I want to support not of random shit like Phil Fish.
>>
>>331329014
The only streamer i watch posted he will play this today. So i guess many people will be talking about it.
>>
>>331332760
No it is a boring shitfest. Even if pewdie faggot would play it everyone would forget about it within a week.
>>
>>331332010
Phil fish is actually a great example. The guy is a dick, but if you think fez is a fun game, buy it anyway. The success from his game will show other devs that a game like fez can be successful. It's why there are a million blocky sandbox survival games in steam right now. Enough people bought minecraft regardless of whether the dev was an ass or not and now there are a million clones. If you like the game, show the industry can be successful and better games will follow. If you like old school rpgs, but nobody buys one when they come out, the devs aren't making money and won't keep making them.
>>
typical indie hipster shit, didn't like it.
>>
>>331332950
Only kids and those who are mentally a toddler care about who makes their games or any other good. Fez was decent and nothing more. Why the fuck would anyone give a faggot like Fish money? He could have made Deus Ex and I would still not support him. I bought it for 99 cents on a sale before I knew who he was, no big deal. I wouldn't knowingly support faggots though. I also wouldn't look up who makes a game as I just want to have fun. If by accident I found out it is made by an asshat I just pirate it. If I like a game and the devs struggle financially I will support them. If a game is decent or just barely good and made by an utter idiot who said there will never be a Fez 2 then why waste money? Your whole logic is just retarded.
>>
File: into-the-trash-it-goes.png (141 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
into-the-trash-it-goes.png
141 KB, 350x227
>Narrative driven puzzle game

i.e. indie pretentious garbage.
>>
>>331333303
>Only kids and those who are mentally a toddler care about who makes their games
>Why the fuck would anyone give a faggot like Fish money? He could have made Deus Ex and I would still not support him.
>I wouldn't knowingly support faggots though.
At least I didn't call myself a child/mental toddler
Regardless, don't think of it like you're supporting the dev as much as you're encouraging the genre or style
Phil made lots of money off a successful game. That had nothing to do with personality
It only proves to other devs that you can make money off games like fez
>>
>>331333959
Are you literally too retarded to read?. I ve clearly said that any money I would give to him would not produce Fez 2. Why waste my own money? I also said that I didn't know who he even is when I bought the game on a sale for less than 1 dollar. This should make it obvious that I do not care who makes my games or I would have looked it up before buying it. You are painfully retarded and unable to follow basic logic. Why waste money if there will be no Fez 2? Doesn't even matter if I like Fish or not, there will be no Fez 2, just throwing away my money. You idiot.
>>
>>331334224
Nigga you seem mad
All I'm saying is that a game doesn't make money, nobody tries to replicate the success. Yeah Phil won't make a fez 2, but since fez is making money years later, some other dev is going to make a spiritual successor and appeal to the fez market. It's how demographics and genres are formed. When people pirate that genre exclusively, devs stop making those games people they aren't making money.
>>
>>331331553
Sauce?
>>
>>331329014
>is a award-winning, narrative driven puzzle game
sounds pretentious as fuck
>>
>>331335420
Fez was a 7/10 at best, I do not even give a fuck if they make a spiritual successor. It was just a basic mario clone around a admittedly cool gimmick. Fish just wasn't able to think of anything cool to make a 2nd one the rest was just bs to spite gullible retards like you. Genres aren't always formed by ripping off yet another indie game with a gimmick in 8bit grafix. I support good games not slightly above average ones which after all these years have not inspired a successor. So it couldn't be thaaaat good as you imply it is.
>>
>>331335915
Fez is just an example
Doom made money and now there are a million shooters
Wow made money and now there are a million mmos out
When you buy a game, you're not just supporting a dev, you're supporting a genre and an industry. Some people forget that when they pirate their favorite games
>>
>>331336705
MMO is a shitty genre. 90% of doom rip-offs are garbage. As I ve said 2 times now I support good devs which make games that I enjoy. I do not support mediocre or shitty devs. Also you support both the dev and the industry. Unless you somehow think that the money will magically go to an entity called "the industry" and the dev will stay a poor faggot. You are thinking you are smart while you fail at basic fucking logic.
>>
>>331329014
>2013

GOSH I WONDER OP
>>
>>331337224
I could be here all day but I just don't think my ideas are connecting with you so we'll just disagree
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.