[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Majora's Mask so hated. Personally, it's one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: MAJORA'S MASK.jpg (119 KB, 1280x802) Image search: [Google]
MAJORA'S MASK.jpg
119 KB, 1280x802
Why is Majora's Mask so hated. Personally, it's one of my favorite Zelda games. Sure, they copied a shit ton of stuff from OoT, some of the dungeons were crap, and just getting new arrows was pretty dull, but it had one of the best atmospheres in any Zelda game I've played. Don't even get me started on the amazing sidequests.
>>
people hate stuff that's different
>>
>Why is Majora's Mask so hated.
It's not.
Some people prefer OoT but MM isn't hated.
/v/ shits on every zelda game except the GBA ones and WW, don't think anything that you read here is common opinion.
>>
>>331307858
MM is good game but has the worst fanbase
>>
>>331308003
WW has the worst fanbase by far
>>
I swear MM is the most overrated underrated game in the world.
>>
>>331308002
I'm not talking about /v/, I'm talking about in general. When I tell people my favorite Zelda was MM, they either respond with "I didn't care for it" or "Man I fucking hated MM." Only one time has someone said they liked it too.
>>
>>331308359
Explain
>>
>>331308003
>>331308239
Worst-fanbase accusers are the worst fanbase.
>>
>>331308239
WW's fandom are a bunch of chibi loving weaboos
>>
>>331307858
>Why is Majora's Mask so hated
This hasn't been true in over 10 years
It's one of the most beloved games in the series now. You'll probably have an easier time finding fans for it than even Link to the Past or Links Awakening.
>>
>>331307858
It isn't unanimously hated, it just seemed that way a while back because at some point e-celebs and their drones started talking about how cool and mysterious the game was and the hipster cred for it was obnoxious.
The game then became the talk of the internet and most people got annoyed by it and the topic eventually attracted shitposters. This always applies to the most talked about zelda at the moment.

Or really any game nowadays.
>>
>>331308239
>le brown sugar meemee xd

I love WW, but I can't even discuss it properly because I don't want to be lumped in with those faggots.
>>
>>331308371
>I'm not talking about /v/, I'm talking about in general.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask
>95 Metascore
>Universal acclaim
>9.2 User Score
>Universal acclaim

You're talking about one of the most popular games in one of the most popular franchises of all fucking time. Stop exaggerating like a butthurt whiny bitch because you happened to meet some people who didn't like it. Your group of fuckwit friends are not statistically significant.
>>
>>331307858

Literally one of the most universally loved games in the franchise

>>331308371
>B-But my friends hate it

So like, 6 people told you they don't like it? And you think this is a good sample size to make a sweeping generalization?
>>
>>331309601
I think it would be better to say "why do casual normies hate it"
>>
>>331309679
Well the answer to that is time management.
>>
>>331307858
wut
>>
>>331308003

MM's fanbase is a completely different fanbase to the rest of Zelda.
I love MM but I don't really care about the rest of Zelda.
>>
File: know_your_may_mays.jpg (10 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
know_your_may_mays.jpg
10 KB, 236x177
I'm playing through this right now for the first time and it feels much more polished and focused than Ocarina.

The world is so much more tightly packed and you always know where the next destination is and what to do while Ocarina had that HUGE overworld area of empty space. In MM the main town is an actual 3D environment and somehow manages to be much bigger than Ocarina's even though it was just a pre-rendered backdrop for the most part.

Also finding new masks (the major ones) is really satisfying since you get to play as Zoras and Gorons'n'shit, you acquire all these new powers that open new possibilities, meanwhile in Ocarina you just had palette swap clothes that did nothing except made you resistant to heat and allowed you to breath underwater, lame as shit.

I'm at the very end of this game and I hope that TP and WW will be as good as OoT and MM since I'm playing those next.
>>
>>331311320

Don't play them all in a row. The boring intros really burn you out.
>>
>>331312987
I don't get bored when playing vidya, I'm kind of autistic that way.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.