[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad Ports/Remasters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: sleeping-dogs-one.jpg (73 KB, 520x245) Image search: [Google]
sleeping-dogs-one.jpg
73 KB, 520x245
Alright, let's get this shit started.

Why does this have more screen tearing than the original release? Why does it look WORSE than the original release? Why does it only download a bit of it then kick you back the main menu to download the rest of the game, with no option to just download the whole game first before playing it? How did they fuck it up so badly?

>lol consolefags
No. I played it on 360 and it didn't run and look as bad as this does/is.

Shame a great game is ruined like this. For those on the fence as it's on sale on PSN at the moment get the original version on PS3.

What other ports out there have you seen that are this garbage, /v/?
>>
Why would you get a console version in the first place?
>>
File: GTA-IV_PC_Box_ESRB.jpg (897 KB, 1000x1410) Image search: [Google]
GTA-IV_PC_Box_ESRB.jpg
897 KB, 1000x1410
I had an old 2008 Pc that ran this at 30fps. I upgraded it this year and it still runs like a piece of shit.

meanwhile GTAV runs it consistently 60fps and above.
>>
File: Hdcollection.png (268 KB, 523x600) Image search: [Google]
Hdcollection.png
268 KB, 523x600
>>331301392
Literally nothing good about this. Not one single improvement.

I want to post the ZoE remaster as well because of the fan reaction being so negative, due to the port being so shoddy on release, they canceled ZoE3.
>>
>>331301392
Really?
I wanted to buy it for my PS4 but luck that I still have my old and reliable PS3
>>
File: Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg (46 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg
46 KB, 256x320
This game isn't that good in the first place but the PC port sucks.
>>
>>331303149
Only advantage is that it has all of the DLC but that doesn't really add too much anyway. Better off playing the PS3 version.
>>
File: 81RULr0ZxeL._SL1500_.jpg (262 KB, 1190x1500) Image search: [Google]
81RULr0ZxeL._SL1500_.jpg
262 KB, 1190x1500
I'm still fucking seething about this
>Strafing mapped to the unresponsive back touch screen on Vita

What the fuck were they thinking?

I swear they also looked and ran worse too.
>>
>>331303307
Unfortunately it carried with it a lot of issues to its successors. Saints Row 4 is awful on anything but heavily overclocked AMD chips and the i3. If you have a good Core2Quad forget about playing it without frequent dips below 30 fps
>>
File: 61Qo0y7CsPL._SL1075_.jpg (81 KB, 768x1075) Image search: [Google]
61Qo0y7CsPL._SL1075_.jpg
81 KB, 768x1075
Literally unplayable without dsfix
>>
I just finished playing Sleeping Dogs on the PS4. I have it on the PS3 and originally played it there, but I had been wanting to re-play it and it was on sale at one point for $5.

I didn't have any problems.
>>
>>331301392
It's not even a great game. Shit is the same missions over and over again. Only thing carrying it is the MC and a handful of other characters.
>>
>>331303826

Runs fine on my 1st gen i7. Don't be a fucking poor fag.
>>
>>331301392
game runs on a toaster, and cost less for the PC, with better visuals.
why did you buy the console version?
>>
Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden 2 on PS3
>>
File: Sandy vs Bloomfield.png (60 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Sandy vs Bloomfield.png
60 KB, 600x500
>>331304962
Don't be an Intel cuck. Next you'll say how Sandy Bridge was a massive improvement over the 1st gen i7s.

The general consensus for people with 1st gen i7s was that there wasn't a need to move up to Sandy. The general consensus for people with Sandy is there is no need to move to Skylake

The reality is we aren't much better than we were 7 years ago
>>
>>331301961
There's a lot to do with GTA IV if you want it to run fine.

Disable vsync and put frame limiter, try windowed mode, try a dozen combinations of launch commands, if you have the steam version run it without the steam overlay, etc etc.

I run it from 40 to 60fps on my new pc but it was a pain in the ass to make it work like that.
>>
>>331305737
bullshit
i7 6700k scores roughly twice as high as i7 960 in passmark, uses less power and produces less heat due to better manufacturing process, and overclocks better

Not to mention that older systems with 1st/2nd gen lack a ton of features from newer models, same goes for motherboards. Hell, some of 1st gen motherboards don't even have native USB 3.0 support
>>
>>331306947
I got it to run above 60fps by setting Shadows to high and the viewing drawing distance to not be hands on retarded. But still was really disappointed with the results.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.