[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't take it anymore, nothing feels the void this baby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
I can't take it anymore, nothing feels the void this baby left.

Whats the best way to play it right now? Can you play BB offline?
>>
>>331284201
http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

This is apparently the best server right now. It's relatively new and the guy who created it got the source codes for the original servers which stays true to the original PSO. Unlike the Ultima server, it doesn't that have boosted exp bullshit.
>>
>>331284201
If you want to play the game offline though, getting the GC version would be your best bet. But I don't see why though, since you can play PSO solo by making your own private server.
>>
>>331284891
private room*
>>
>>331284526
To be fair the grind to 200 in vanilla PSO is fucking bullshit. Bullshit I've done multiple times mind, but bullshit nonetheless.
>>
>all those memories

goddamn im getting old
>>
>>331284526
It has PSO2 style drop system, various boosts to rare drop rates (used to have PSU-like Photon Fortune), player-made quests and meseta lottery like on Schthack.

Staying true to PSO is not a priority for a very good reason. That's why Ultima is popular in the first place.
>>
File: bum.png (92 KB, 195x243) Image search: [Google]
bum.png
92 KB, 195x243
>>331285008
>>331285364
From what I've seen, there is a 200% exp boost, but only when you group with other people. When you go solo, you got the vanilla 100%.

So I guess they did that to give people more incentive to group up. I'm not mad at this.

In Ultima, I was already level 6 or 7 after completing the first mission "training".
>>
>>331284201
>Can you play BB offline?
Yes, you can run your own server. Check the Pioneer 2 forums if you really want to go that route.

Or you could just play it online. Y'know, like the title implies.

>>331285364
It has a bunch of optional features that you don't have to use. If you choose to go purist that stuff doesn't even matter. What's important is that players are given the option.
>>
File: Booma_Mugshot.jpg (15 KB, 317x263) Image search: [Google]
Booma_Mugshot.jpg
15 KB, 317x263
>>331285664
Did the math.

Vanilla Boomas give off 4xp

Ephinea Boomas give off 8xp compared to vanilla 4xp

Ultima Boomas give of 32xp compared to vanilla 4xp
>>
the intro theme still gives me shivers, One of my best experiences. But without a group of young, naive friends, the adventure behind it just isn't the same.
>>
>>331285971

aurrragh
>>
>>331286221
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBBZBZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>331285971
They do exp boosts every now and again and then go back to vanilla rates. 4exp normal Boomas are the norm on Ephinea.
>>
I love all of you. Did you guys play PSZero on DS? It's the closest thing to a proper PSO sequel that we got, considering how different PSU/PSO2 is.

Wish they made more in the Zero series. The gameplay was totally there but the levels were soooo boring.
>>
>>331285008
Vanilla pso maxed at 100.
>>
I've played a couple of BB private servers, Schthack and Ultima, and yeah it's pretty great getting back into PSO after so long. But after awhile all you end up doing is TTF runs and then it gets boring.
>>
>>331288824
PSZ played more like PSU than PSO.
>>
>>331288824
Ps0 was like a taste of the old times. But as a taste is, it was too short and fleeting to really make me relive anything. Enemies were too tanky and the online was shoddy. Although it was still an attempt at pso

>>331289134
Is wrong though, its more like pso.
>>
>>331288824
Zero did a good job of feeling like PSO but except for the dodge roll mechanic it really had nothing over just playing Blue Burst on a laptop.
>>
>>331289270
It's built around lock-on and dodge roll, PAs are the core source of damage, weapon elements and positioning don't matter.

If PSO is dumbed down PSU, then sure, that's what it's closer to. But PSZ has none of the features that make PSO stand out from the rest of the series other than Newmen and Casts being restricted from Ranger and Force roles.
>>
>>331289782
It did have the roll feature, which I actually never used because I didn't expect it to exist, hilariously. But it also did its best to give a pso-like hub town, even with the animal parts to weapons trader. I wouldn't know if positioning was invalidated by rolling, but if it did that really does suck.
>>
>>331288971
And version 2 on the Dreamcast and everything after went to 200. Hardly worth making a post to drop such an insignificant fact, is it?
>>
>>331284201

There's fan ran servers dude. I used Ultima back when I needed to scratch that itch.
>>
God damn i love the art for pso.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.