[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon MMO when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Pokemon-MMORPG-770x472.jpg (85 KB, 770x472) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-MMORPG-770x472.jpg
85 KB, 770x472
Pokemon MMO when?
>>
never, gamefreak are completely incompetent and no other studio would be given that big of a project.
>>
>>331281898
You're a fucking idiot if you think a pokemon MMO would work.
>>
>>331281825
There's plenty of fan made ones
>>
>>331281825
Never, why would they bother when they can still get away with the two slightly different versions of the same game shit in 2016
>>
>>331283365
Pokemon MMO could work, it would be very plausible. The reason they don't is equity and economic growth. An MMO would fuck over their releases yearly or whatever routine they release on, and they wouldn't be able to milk it for as much. But an MMO itself would be entirely doable, fundable, and finished by an AAA development team.
>>
There are a lot of fan ones, PokeMMO being the most popular but it's also shit. There's even a mystery dungeon one but it's pretty empty from what I remember.

It's pokemon but there happen to be other people around you. It highly doubt an actual pokemon MMO would be anything that anyone hoped for.
>>
File: 1458017681812.png (65 KB, 297x308) Image search: [Google]
1458017681812.png
65 KB, 297x308
>>331283619
You miss the point completely.

How are you going to balance the game around an MMO system? Are you going to go full WoWtard and make the selection far more linear than normal? Are you going to restrict newbies so they don't start off with level 90+ legendaries? How are you going to handle legendary pokemon, even? How are you going to handle level scaling of trainers in all the regions across all the gyms? How are you going to make sure gym battles aren't going to utterly rape performances without requiring extensive phasing and netcode? How are you going to distribute pokemon so someone who wants to do certain kind of teams or play with certain favorites aren't literally screwed? How are you going to make sure cheat engines won't work and won't have injections ruining the whole experience? How are you going to handle the major discrepancies with illegal and legal movesets from different generations? Why would anyone in their mind play a fucking pokemon game with a m+k?
>>
>>331283882
You don't have anything do you? Just asking how over and over.
>>
>>331284163
Please explain to me how you're going to handle the critical flaws that will exist and are the main reason a Pokemon MMO will not happen.
>>
>>331283882
It's literally already been done. See Pokemmo.
>>
>>331284381
You mean that extremely shitty netcode client that has nothing to fucking do that plays like an incredibly inferior shadow to a fucking romhack, let alone an actual mainline game and no one buy like maybe 300 people at most play? And forsake for the actual games?

Yeah man, that's totally proof Gamefreak and Nintendo could make a good Pokemon MMO.
>>
File: 1341180773022.png (593 KB, 1691x557) Image search: [Google]
1341180773022.png
593 KB, 1691x557
When i think "Pokemon MMO" i picture, a generic pokemon game, but in 3d(maybe they are 3d now i don't know, last i played was Gold), with good grafics, third person view and it's multiplayer. In other words, you see other players running around. Maybe they get to have one pokemon out running around with them, like Ash with Pikachu.
>>
>>331284328
No I am not a developer and I will not explain anything to you.
>>
>>331283882

You seem to be under the misapprehension that the Pokemon MMO these people are talking about would be a direct port of the old games with internet added in. Also trading, I guess.
>>
>>331283882
For most of your questions, the answer is just "it would take a little work". You know, like any online game.
>>
File: 123.png (180 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
123.png
180 KB, 400x400
just google pokexgames
>>
>>331281825
Sometime in 2016, but it's 'real' MMO forcing you to actually walk outside, it's called Pokemon Go.
>>
>>331281825
If Nintendo ever had the balls to make a full scale Pokemon MMO they would be able to buy Disney out.
>>
>>331283882
what the fuck are you even talking about, this stuff you're formulating in your head about a Pokemon MMO are far more retarded than anyone's misgivings i've ever seen on the subject
jesus fucking christ what is wrong with you, you put my autism to shame
>>
>>331283882
SMT IMAGINE system would work decently enough
>>
>>331285937

>implying disney isn't going to buy pokemon
>>
Pokemon Revolution Online is about as close as you are going to get. No idea how they aren't getting a c&d but nintendo hasn't done anything yet
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.