[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your verdict on Spec Ops: The Line?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png (252 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover.png
252 KB, 300x367
What's your verdict on Spec Ops: The Line?
>>
>>331254802
"Fuck you, I liked it".
>>
I felt like a hero after play it.
>>
Bad game with an alright narrative
>>
Good stuff. One of the few modern military shooters that's worth playing.
>>
are women capable of understanding this game?
>>
It's a game that if released today, wouldn't be quite as beloved but it at a not so long ago time when Military FPS shooters where the "it" thing instead of the current "it" thing being open world games. It was the first vidya to criticize the growing trend of glorifying military games so people forgave alot of the shit that came with it. It could have been better but for what it is, it was appreciated. It's the game that we needed, but not the one we deserved.
>>
File: 1456183646571.gif (278 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1456183646571.gif
278 KB, 100x100
that game where there's that one last achievement that I can't get, cuz I can't fucking beat this game on FUBAR
>>
There wasn't much depth to the gameplay and the story was a it confusing I thought. There should of been a bit more back story on the main characters relationship to the colonel and the situation in Dubai.
>>
Its mediocre in everything but its twist. But I think the twist is what anybody reviewing the thing actually cares about. I think it made its statement well. You could say that forcing the player to do the things they did and then saying "you did this you monster" is a bit heavy handed and flawed. I don't think it really detracts from its message of "glorifying the military is bad" but it could have been done better.
>>
File: 1333736359704.jpg (31 KB, 325x450) Image search: [Google]
1333736359704.jpg
31 KB, 325x450
>>331254802
Alright story
Shit TPS
Having different hallucinations every time you loaded was the best part of this game
>manikins suddenly all become armored fuckers
>reload checkpoint
>some soliders in the same area become innocent civis when killed
>>
>>331256396

Just read heart of darkness and skip this kiddie shit 2bh
>>
>>331254802
I never got to finish it because my Xbox360 broke down, now it only plays Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>331254802
played it on the shitbox and thought it was a decent 3rdperson shooter for console standards,
enjoyed the setting quite a lot.
Didn't understand the hate for the story and that the gripes people had with it for giving you no choice in a linear game retarded.
>>
>>331256792
>the mannequin room
that part was alright

>reload checkpoints
the little girl one at the near end creeped me out good

>some soliders in the same area become innocent civis when killed
never noticed this
>>
Pretty good
>>
>>331256628
See, I agree with you. I went into it blind, but I usually like to fuck around with moral choices and such, and I found that every bad guy moment can be circumvented. Like with the snipers and the guys hanging from the bridge, you can kill the snipers fast enough and save the 'guys'. When they hang lugo and tell you to shoot, you can shoot in the air to disperse the crowd. The only one you can't avoid is the white phosphorous, and that's my problem with the game. I feel it would've been better if you could avoid these negative outcomes entirely, and players wouldn't find this out until a second playthrough due to all the 'muh choices aren't choices' parts.
>>
>>331254802
A generic shooter with a great storyline

also, nice use of sand
>>
>>331256908
Why do people always relate this game to Heart of Darkness? They're not even similar.
>>
Mediocre TPS praised for it's story which was ripped straight out of Heart of Darkness.
>>
>>331259405
>They're not even similar.
except for the clear inspiration from heart of darkness?
>>
>>331259405
You do realise that it is a direct modern adaptation of it and the writers and developers have confirmed this, right? Even the main character is named after the author.
>>
>>331254802
Its my personal favorite military shooter solely because of the story and character developement. The gunplay and gameplay is subpar but the narrative carried the game for me.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.