[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I decided to give TPS a try to see if it really is as terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: Borderlands-The-Pre-Sequel.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands-The-Pre-Sequel.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
So I decided to give TPS a try to see if it really is as terrible as everyone on here says, and it is way better than I expected.

>Guns actually last for upwards of five levels from you acquiring them, unlike BL2
>Air jump-packs make combat a lot more hectic and engaging, allowing for more verticality in your movement and thus varied angles of engagement
>Related to the above: levels now have a fuck load more intricacy to their layout and aren't just hallways leading into arenas, making for way more interesting locations to fight in
>So far every major hub has looked fucking beautiful or at least decent, once again unlike BL2
>Lasers + Ice > Slag - they are way more fun, feel drastically different to the other elements, offer new tactical options with penetration/firing types/freezing and most importantly don't make the entire game revolve around you constantly keeping every enemy affected by them
>Music is really decent and creates some A+ ambience
>Moonstones are way more common than Iridium, allowing for easier upgrading since you'll get enough from just playing that you don't need to grind them
>Grinder is a great addition
>Side cast is really likeable
>Boss fights are all far more fun than BL2's due to the diversity of elements, verticality, and overall better design than "shoot big tanky thing while trying not to die since they never have any fucking adds"
>Jack is actually somewhat funny and semi-interesting, unlike in in BL2
>Vacuum/Atmosphere division makes for interesting tactical considerations on the fly thanks to it affecting equipment abilities and elemental effects

Like what the fuck, /v/ told me it was just a worse version of bordermemes 2 set in space australia with somehow even shittier writing - but so far its been better in literally every way.

Athena is also just ridiculously fucking fun to play as so far, her melee build is even better than Brick's was and I fucking loved that back in the day
>>
I liked it more too
>>
>>331246825
The game was bashed by /v/ during release by not having as much content as BL2 had.
Altought it is a bit shorter(and has only 2 dlc) the game was more fun to play them BL2 in my opinion. The character were much cooler and the grinder was a great addition.
>>
>>331246825
Just bought it. Fuck yes, glad I didn't listen to /v/
>>
>>331247919
This, pretty much.

BL2 had quite a big circlejerk going on against it by the time TPS released, which carried on over and tore it apart for the lacking content, abundance of gay characters, and a few other things. Besides that, it really feels almost more like a spinoff than a proper mainline entry due to how few big innovations it has - though admittedly, the ones it does possess are all pretty great.

Its a fine game in its own right and arguably has the best gameplay of the trilogy, but it had the deck stacked against it at release and the reputation it garnered stuck even after people started playing it and saw how good it was.
>>
>>331246825
A lot of people liked it. It's just it got shafted on the season pass compared to BL2.

The only reason I haven't got it is they want twice as much as I paid for BL2 GOTY but half the content.
>>
File: never ever.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1804) Image search: [Google]
never ever.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1804
>>331248410
Also, the australian studio that made the game closed so they cancelled every dlc project they had, including pic related.
>>
>>331248802
i'm still salty about that
>>
>>331248802
>tfw you bought the season pass
>no face
I bought it + game on sale for 25 usd when the game alone was on sale for 30
I feel okay
>>
>>331248802
Did Gearbox ever end up compensating people who bought the season pass in anyway?
>>
File: 1453417636203.gif (319 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453417636203.gif
319 KB, 250x250
>>331249225
pssst
I'm not okay
>>
>>331249350
idk, i didnt buy the season pass, i have the game on the handsome collection.
>>
>>331246825
Athena is hands down the most fun character to play as in the three games. Plus her shield is fucking GOAT, absorbing and dishing out damage like no other
>>
>>331246825
TPS is definitely my favourite one of the series. I haven't tried Athena yet but Wilhelm and his little robots are really fun. I also love the fact that his voice changes as you get the robotic upgrades.

The only thing I don't like about the game is the raid boss (or lack thereof)
>>
>>331249797
>>331250704
I tried all character and finished the game with ll of them and i have to say that Doppel is the most fun of them all.
>>
>>331250782
Doppel is pretty fun, yeah. I'd edge him out over Athena for best in TPS.

I prefer the tanky, meat brawler sort of characters though so personally for me Salvador remains my favourite overall.
>>
the biggest gripe for me with this game was that the map design was absolute shit
>>
Everyone in this thread should really look at buying that Borderlands TellTale game — it's the best of them by a long shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkSBmi2HU_Y
>>
>>331251363
It has borderlands in the name but it is not really a borderlands game. It's a great game nonetheless.
>>
>>331251337
How so? So far I'm really digging it in that regard, especially compared to the last two - levels have way more verticality to them and thus have more interesting fire fights, the design for the moon landscape is gorgeous, and I like how much more dense it makes the hubs feel compared to the BL2 ones.

What is it you hate about it?

>>331251363
Honestly I might actually give it a try now after TPS, I really like Athena so far and I hear she has a big role in it too.
>>
>>331251363
Borderlands 2 > Tales > Pre-sequel > Borderlands 1

The only one that bored me was the first one, the others are great.
>>
tbqh the only real flaw of TPS was the character assassination it pulled on Lilith in an attempt to make Jack's origin story sympathetic
>>
>>331251689
Not that guy, but I hated that many of the maps were fuck huge, and with quest objectives being spaced so goddamn far apart there was just too much walking. The worst part was when a main quest lead to a new area and had you pretty much clear the whole place out. Then you get a bunch of sidequests in the same area again right after turning in the main quest. Sure you don't have to do the sidequests, but sidequests are like 90% of the content and often offer nice rewards. Didn't care for the environments much either, I prefered lush greenery and blue skies.

I also hated every side character who just had to bring up their sexual orientation 200 times, so pretty much all the female side characters. The writing just came across as "Hey guys aren't we hip and with the progressive internet video game politics program, huh?" and it was annoying as shit.
>>
>>331251689
honestly because I drove off them with vehicles way too much and vehicle spawns felt too far and too few these problems admittedly were probably my own fault
>>
>>331254867
Nah, that seems kinda legit - I've noticed that there seems to be a lot more ways to wreck your ride in this game so far than the last two.

>>331254220
I can see where you're coming from on the side-missions, I've not really been getting too into them yet but I can imagine that all the running about might make them extremely tiring after a while.

Personally I haven't really come across any gay characters besides Janey (well, that I know of), and her unashamed attempts to fuck Athena and Moxxi so far have just been pretty funny to me.
>>
File: Athena_AM.png (498 KB, 534x696) Image search: [Google]
Athena_AM.png
498 KB, 534x696
Best girl
>>
Athena is definitely my favorite character. Going Capt. Anerica on trash keeps me coming back occasionally.
Doppelgänger is a close second. Having clones tanking Africans exploding everywhere makes for some fun chaos.
Story-wise it's my least favorite. But gameplay is the bigger deal for me.
My only regret is that I pre-ordered. I still feel shame.
>>
>>331255987
Athena > Fiona >Angel = Moxxi > Maya > Dr. Tannis > Nisha > Lillith > Sasha > Gaige > Aurelia > powergap > Janey > powergap > the rest
>>
>>331256392
Athena > Gaige > Fiona > *
>>
>>331253067
lilith was always a bitch
>>
>>331246825
if this had more fast travel stations, it would've been perfect

as it is, there's way too much backtracking
>>
File: Crazy.Earl.png (365 KB, 790x615) Image search: [Google]
Crazy.Earl.png
365 KB, 790x615
>>331246825
I recently played thru the entirety of TPS and i dont understand why it got so much flak beyond the lack of content. It was very enjoyable and i found the story to actualy be not complete crap. Although i dont understand why they kept some characters in the series (such as pic related) cause it just confuses things (why is he on the moon for instance) when they could have changed them out for new characters
>>
Remember Jack did nothing wrong and Lilith is a fucking bitch
>>
>>331256921
This and that the comedy starts sound forced and stale after the 3rd or 4th playthrough are my biggest issues with the game
>>
>>331246825
Dealing with shit Aussie accents is too fucking much.
>>
File: community_image_1417665632.jpg (63 KB, 291x297) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1417665632.jpg
63 KB, 291x297
>have to see dat ass everytime I open the menu playing as Athena

Thank you Jesus.
>>
>>331257451
It was tolerable until Pickle
Fuck that kid
>>
File: 1433783799282.png (293 KB, 426x354) Image search: [Google]
1433783799282.png
293 KB, 426x354
>>331257597
Don't forget that one autistic as fuck woman when you launch stuff in space
>lol SCIENCEEEE!!!
>>
>>331257858
Oh damn, I completely blocked her out until now
>>
>>331257061
This
>>
>>331257597
I don't understand why Pickle triggers people. He is not important enough and has barely any dialog.
>>
>>331258290
Yeah, he's a really minor character overall.
>>331257061
Remember Jack had already imprisoned his daughter before the game began and was always a narcissistic shithead, it just took TPS to make him a vindictive and megalomaniacal one.
>>
>>331259843
actualy where the hell is angel even imprisoned in TPS? control core angel dosent exist yet right?
>>
>>331260287
It's never explained how he held her captive before he had his eridium supply to keep her drugged or the core to contain her in.

Personally I just assume he used fear to make her live in isolation on a station or something, and she went along with it because she was young and he'd yet to involve her in his plans.
>>
>>331246825
So is the scaling more linear like in BL1, or just less exponential than BL2?
>>
>>331261765
It seems more linear last I recall
>>
>>331256961
How did this guy get to the moon, last game he was on Pandora in a shack.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.