[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Universal Windows Platform games can be modified and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
>Universal Windows Platform games can be modified and the exe can be easily accessed
>Microsoft is promoting crossplay between Sony, Nintendo, and PC
>Phil Spencer is turning the Xbone into a reference PC, trying to end consoles as we know it.
>Microsoft is money hatting developers and letting them go crazy with ideas
>Xbone games are no longer exclusive to the Xbone, will now appear on PC

Wait.... why do we hate Microsoft again?
>>
because they made the xbone, should have just dropped it and went full PC
>>
Idk if Phil's "good guy" approach is gonna pay off but we'll just see. And you can mark cross play off the list. Sony would never agree to that for business reasons, nor Nintendo
>>
Win 10 is not a pc. They want to turn your pc into a console to fully own it.
>>
>>331218794
They did their best do drop it that's for sure
>>
>>331218625
>Universal Windows Platform games can be modified and the exe can be easily accessed
why do you lie like this
>>
>>331219196
He's not lying. That rumor was created on neogaf or reddit. Let me guess, you've never modded anything in your life?
>>
>>331218625
Because they never fucking deliver. They have been promising shit all over the place and they can't even keep up with their fucked up lies.

Spare us Microsoft, haven't we endured enough of your shit?
>>
>>331219196
>MS leaker proves that UWP apps can be modified
>NeoGAF bans the leaker
>>
>>331219394
Nah, they're actually doing stuff unlike the rest.
>>
>>331218625
because of the blunder that is w8/10
>>
>>331219485
Not only that but anyone with a brain could have figured it out without the leaker doing so.

PC gamers are some of the dumbest fuckers around.
>>
>>331219057
Piss off Sony shill. W10 runs every application I throw at it, same as w8 before, and w7 before, and XP, etc, etc
>>

But they can't. Microsoft have said they need to improve but as of yet this can't be done. They also have vsync forced on and will only work with xinput controllers, no overlays work etc
>>
>>331219529
What do you mean? What "stuff"?
>>
File: microjews.webm (287 KB, 536x588) Image search: [Google]
microjews.webm
287 KB, 536x588
>>331218625
>>331219529
>>331219685
Fuck off M$ shills.
>>
because linux is the only platform that respects your freedom
>>
>>331219713
Why do you post when you know nothing?

Mods work, that was a lie.

Vsync was being fixed before the media made a thing about it, they even mentioned it at GDC to appease the retards.

Overlays work. Dxtory can record and display frame info. It's simply up to developers to add support.
>>
>>331219685
Not that anon, and I don't even own any Sony products newer than my ps2, but I hear complaints about Windows 10 not running programs all the time. It's usually indie shit or older games, but that's still pretty valid. On top of that they pretty much do have full control over your machine.
I couldn't care that much about those anyway, but the fact that they are throwing ads in my face to upgrade every single day is enough for me to fucking hate it.
>>
>>331218625

Sonyggers
>>
>>331219872
Recore, Killer Instict, Scalebound, The Entire Forza series

I never expected to see Forza (let alone every future game) on PC. That's some stuff right there.
>>
>>331220046
10 has around the same compatibility as previous versions. dgVoodoo and PCem run all my old games just fine.

I do agree that auto updates should be optional, but it helps normies so I accept it.
>>
>>331218625
Yeah preparing the ground to make the PC a console is fucking great idea.
>>
>>331220603
How are they making the PC a console?
>>
File: 1369021470844.jpg (22 KB, 422x347) Image search: [Google]
1369021470844.jpg
22 KB, 422x347
Microsoft is only giving Phil the okay to do this shit because the Xbone is not selling how they wanted
They let him put games on PC because they want to push W10, they let him allow Crossplay because servers on Xbone are dead on less popular games, and they let him publish wackier games so the Xbox brand can stay relevant
Microsoft has lost billions on the Xbox brand, they will do anything to try and make some money back
>>
>>331220219
They publish videogames. That it? They only do it to save that massive failure of a console xbox is.
You are getting raped by an HIV patient and you enjoy it, anon. You enjoy it because he published games.
>>
>>331220851
This has nothing to do with Xbox. MS makes very little money from it's gaming division.

It's more about the indian boss that replaced the previous one. Xbox means absolutely nothing to a company like MS, it's just the universal thing they're going with.
>>
>>331220882
What are you sperging out for? I just said they're giving some people games. That's all I was saying.
>>
File: 1274541430463.jpg (97 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
1274541430463.jpg
97 KB, 850x567
>>331219394
Fucking this
>Telemetry in Win10 is obnoxious as fuck
>Ads in 8.1 and below install automatically and are obnoxious as fuck
>Charging for online playing (granted, both consoles do this now)
>Xbone requires you to have Big Brother installed in your living room
Not to mention
>The Xbone is underwhelming right out of the gates

I wish gaming would switch to PC so games weren't un-optimized as fuck.
>>
>>331218625
>Wait.... why do we hate Microsoft again?
IDK, it's something to do with all their products being shit.
https://d2.maxfile.ro/rwspylwbwo.webm
>>
>>331221990
Are you retarded? That's the Insider Preview. You literally have to opt into sending screenshots to MS, BECAUSE IT'S AN INSIDER PREVIEW.
>>
>>331221990
This is why you should stay away from /g/. That retard knows nothing about networking, let alone packet sniffing.
>>
I'd like to interject for a moment. I want to ride Spencer for the rest of the current gen cycle.
>>
File: 1347276284180.png (22 KB, 207x239) Image search: [Google]
1347276284180.png
22 KB, 207x239
>>331218625
>>
>>331223914
Literally open a UWP game and edit it. The whole thing about it reverting chances was bullshit, it's no different than before.

Btw, I'll be modding Forza when it drops if in May if you're into that. The Coalition fucked with the Gears UE3 format, so don't expect anything good in a while.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.