[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you guys think of rimworld? also general rimworld thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: photo-original.jpg (444 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
444 KB, 1536x1152
what do you guys think of rimworld? also general rimworld thread
>>
>>331217072
most time i've ever spent in a single player game, but I hope updates start again since the developer is back from his break
>>
I know I am a filthy casual but for me it is more fun to watch than to play, occasionally I try getting into it again but there is so much shit that I would never have figured out on my own like making refridgerator warehouses and stuff.

I probably should just suck it up and read the wiki until I understand everything.
>>
>>331217491
No casuals play games you're just a faggot
>>
On my watchlist, has it left early access yet?
>>
>>331217491
dont worry about it man, it's not that hard as you think, you will get used to it.
>>
>>331217825
yeah its out
>>
I can't wait for the new update with what he's introducing will make the game a lot more deeper. Shame it took him so long because he went on holiday for over 6 months and if you mention it fanboys go rabid over you complaining about it
>>
Pretty fun game. Played last time in Alpha 8 and just started up again now in Alpha 12. Having a ton of fun, a lot of new stuff and the game is just
>maximum comfy

With that being said late-game raids are still a pain in the ass. Fucking mortars.
>>
... it looks like a half-assed mod of prison architect
>>
>>331218156
As far as I know it's the same guy who made the graphics for both games, so it's not really surprising. Even so, it's a completely different game.
>>
>>331217072
played some and loved it, forgot about it because no updates
>>
>>331218915
How can you say you "loved it" and yet, your enjoyment was reliant on it improving to the point you forgot it existed?

Sensationalist language is really becoming annoying.
>>
So this is out and released proper now? I played a bit during its alpha. It seemed a bit unfinished then, even with the spaceship win-condition.
How's it feel now? Any notable improvements or additions?
>>
>>331219398

Of course not. Problably a year or three left.
>>
>>331219379
You're really fucking dumb mate.
>>
>>331217926
>>331219520
So this isn't out of alpha?
Not >implying this was you, I'm just confused.
>>
>>331219775

You can buy the game and play it, absolutely, but it's still in development. They're currently working on family relations and stuff like that, alongside new animals and content. Apparently it's going to be one of their biggest updates.
>>
>>331217072
Needs z levels
>>
Why would I play this instead of Dorf Fort?
Legitimate question, I don't know anything about it because I don't tend to keep up with early access games. Uh, besides Dorf Fort.
>>
>>331219986
It's friendlier to new people.
Dort's better in every imaginable way, and free. If you've already go into Dort, you don't really need this. It's fun to watch it grow though.
>>
>>331220093
Alright, thanks. Guess I won't play it.
>>
File: 1457724530225.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1457724530225.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>331217072
R I M

I

M

What were they thinking? Rimworld? Might as well call it blowjob world lmao.
>>
>>331217072
>rimworld
Wow they need a new name
>>
>>331219986

It's different in several ways. Scifi setting, no z-level, and a significantly better UI. It also runs just fine compared to DF which inevitable turns into a slideshow lategame.

It's really fun. If you like DF you should definately give the game a shot.
>>
>>331220273
>>331220347
rim worlds are a old sci-fi trope
>>
File: syf.gif (2 MB, 330x166) Image search: [Google]
syf.gif
2 MB, 330x166
its gimped dwarf fortress for retarded people

i'll pass
>>
>>331217072
I can take you to rimworld ;)
>>
>>331219930
Families? Sounds intriguing. Though I found the timescale of the game a bit weird for children to adult.
>>
Is there anything this game does fundamentally better / different than DF?
>>
>>331221326
Feels more combat oriented.
Fewer "dwarves," you don't get 20 new fuckers constantly. Need to work with what you have.
Has a survival feel, I mean, there wasn't a plump helmet equivalent to spam my worries away.
>>
>>331221326

UI, setting, controls. Depends on how autistic you are, really. I've played DF to death and I honestly can't play it anymore because I've grown annoyed of the user interface and controls.

It's less about building a fuckhuge fortress with a golden cock and balls statue in the middle of it, and more of a survival game of sorts.
>>
>>331221640
>Has a survival feel, I mean, there wasn't a plump helmet equivalent to spam my worries away.

Huh, that might actually make me buy it

Is it more challenging than dwarves? I mean once you figure out the DF interface the game itself is actually easy as fuck and all you do a sandbox mega projects, is this game actual survival in a hostile environment?
>>
>>331221904

You're problably going to die the first few tries either from starvation, solar flares, winter, bandits, animals, bandits with mortars and wandering terminators.

On the upside you can extract organs from prisoners and sell them to nearby pirate ships.
>>
>>331221904
It's been a few major updates since I played.
Lots of raiders, they grow stronger the further into the game you get.
Crazy events, like sub-sonic sounds that drive your "dwarves" mad. They also grow violent much faster in this game.
Until you get the hang of it, you might wipe on your first few tries.
But like Dort, once you settle down it's a cake walk were you harvest the organs of dying pirates to buy slaves for your military.
>>
>30$

lol
>>
>>331217072
What's up with this obvious Prison Architect graphics? Is it the same developer or someone literally copying the graphics?
>>
>>331217072
I love it but ever since the 9fingers modpack died it hasn't been the same. The current modpacks are bloated as shit and seem to focus on the very worst of the 9finger one.
>>
>>331222390

Yeah.

I mean, it's a niche genre for sure, but goddamn, it's not worth 30 bucks. I'd pay 15-20, but not 30.
>>
>>331222430
Literally copied the graphics but if you can move past that, they're very different games.
>>
>>331222583
>it's not worth 30 bucks
I've played hundreds of hours of rimworld man, I think you're judging a book by its cover.
>>
>>331222430
If I remember, I think he actually asked the Prison Architect developer if he minded the use of a similar art style and the guy gave him his blessing.

I can't remember where I heard that though.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.