[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you fags played Verdun? It's actually pretty good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: _Verdun Vosges 2.jpg (375 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
_Verdun Vosges 2.jpg
375 KB, 1024x576
Any of you fags played Verdun?

It's actually pretty good, and a new expansion is hitting in a few days that's going to add a whole bunch of stuff.

Call me a shill if you want, but I genuinely want to see this game become more popular.
>>
>>331211717
>Unity
>>
Hows the performance? Recently got Squad and can't play it wtih good fps.
>AMD Phenon X4 955 4 x 3.2Ghz
>GTX 750 Ti
>12GB RAM
>SSD
>>
>>331211717
Not really. I occasionally try it to see if they've fixed the performance issues and the game not feeling like shit.

It'd be great if they can ramp up the presentation.
>>
>>331212032

Yeah, I should've known /v/ would find some pointlessly arbitrary reason to not enjoy a well made game.

If it was the exact same shit, only with anime girls, I bet you fuckers would be all over it.

Oh well. It's not like you retards would be able to contend in it anyways.
>>
>>331212187

Your setup is more than powerful enough to run the game well.
>>
>>331212263
>a well made game.
That is something that Verdun is not. I really tried to like it but technically the game is a mess.

>floaty movement
>Bad/bugged sounds
>Hitscan weapons that don't feel satisfying to shoot.
>Horrible performance on high end systems
>>
I had really hoped this would become the new Red Orchestra, boy was I let down. This feels like a mod but they're selling it for 10€.
>>
>>331212513

>hitscan weapons

Yeah, no you didn't. From day one the game has had a full ballistics model.
>>
>>331212857
>From day one the game has had a full ballistics model.

Nope and still don't
>>
>>331213024

Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about?

In Verdun (and always) you have to account for travel time and bullet drop. That's the exact opposite of hitscan, you fucking retard.
>>
>>331213196
No.

Here is a shitty youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF6rqeRqBsU
>>
>>331213353
>less than 20m
wwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww
>>
>>331213353
but its close quarters
when you go trench sniping you have to aim forwards
>>
>>331213540
There is no bullet drop because the maps are so tiny. If you really think the weapons aren't hitscan then you are a retard. They feel and behave like any shitty hitscan weapon in fucking unity.

A ballistics engine is their smallest priority in fixing the game.
>>
>>331213353

Dude, those are all short range shots.

To your stupid ass it looks like hitscan, but it's not.

I know you may have a hard time grasping this, but in the real world, rifle bullets move REALLY fast and don't have much drop at ranges less than 200 yards. Verdun does a good job of modelling them.
>>
I enjoyed it for around 10 hours, but the maps are so fucking small and 32 players in a WW1 game feels way too little.
>>
File: 1442082928259.jpg (220 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
1442082928259.jpg
220 KB, 820x820
>>331212263
>If it was the exact same shit, only with anime girls, I bet you fuckers would be all over it.
>WW1 with waifus
Of course we'd eat it up. We're not faggots, unlike you
>>
>>331213540
>>331213563
>>331213756
>Dat samefagging
>>
>>331213691

>ALL the maps are tiny

Confirmed for not having actually played the game alright.
>>
File: totally not shooped.png (6 KB, 353x121) Image search: [Google]
totally not shooped.png
6 KB, 353x121
>>331213821
>>
>>331213783
Their mistake was not consolidating everyone in to a single server or three, and a large fucking map.

They want the safe easy route of 32 man servers with small-medium maps and people have enough of those already. A WW1 game with 80-120 on a single large map would be more fun and chaotic like the real WW1 it would essentially be one of the few multiplayer FPS with low TTK and high player count making it unique and fun to play.

Base game gets kinda dull after awhile and the low player count really sucks.
>>
>>331213691
>artois
>flanders
welcome to 08'15 hell

oh and fucking kraut cucks and their overpowered HMG
they ALSO do have a SMG
wtf you cant have both!
>>
>It's Red Orchestra with less production quality and a more boring war

No thanks
>>
>>331213892
Looks like neither have you if you think the entire map space is used at the same time.
>>
>>331211717
>lol unity
>hitscan weapons
>poor performance
>Dead playerbase
>>
got pretty bad buyers remorse from this

it's not fun at all and there's no players
>>
>>331214047

It's what they had in the actual war.

All the squads are pretty much 100% accurate to their real world counterparts.

If it's got you in such a huff though, US Marines get added in a week, and their setup is gonna have the 1897 Winchester pump gun and BAR's.

I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>331214319
the problem is if they set up 4 hmg squads in a map like aisne you are fucked
>>
>>331214165

The front moves when people capture trenches you fucking retard.

Go check out Picardie, that map is very wide open.
>>
>getting shot from a mile away by a dot in the distance

these """realistic""" shooters are for scrubs, pure and simple
>>
>>331214554
No shit sherlock, that's what I implied. Hence the short firing distances hence no need for ballistics engine hence hitscan hence weapons feel like shit.
>>
>>331214451

Not if your snipers know what they're supposed to be doing.

The MG08/15 isn't as OP'd as you think.
>>
its pretty fun

what is the update?
>>
What are they actually dropping with the next update?

I'm aware of finally getting gore and a few new weapons, but is there anything else?

I do enjoy it though. That and Insurgency are usually my go to FPS games.
>>
>>331214675

And if you actually played the fucking game, and checked out the maps like Picardie and Fort Douamont, you'd know that the weapons aren't fucking hitscan at all.
>>
>>331214759
our snipers are always shit, and the problem is the fact that most fusilier or rifleman(they are inaccurate) prefer battle rifles, and the recon squads arent popular
>>
>>331211717
Oh thanks, I forgot I had this game. Never played it.
>>
>>331214876
I have played, whole 5 hours. They were as hitscan as hitscan can get. You can stay in denial of your shitty game bro. I'm not touching it again even with a 10 foot stick.
>>
>>331214846
>>331214842

New squads (US Marines, reworked Canadians and some others iirc), New maps, new weapons, DISMEMBERMENT, and a whole slew of netcode updates. It's pretty much a full expansion and they're giving it to us for free.
>>
File: 1457903840623.jpg (99 KB, 680x652) Image search: [Google]
1457903840623.jpg
99 KB, 680x652
>>331215096
>It's pretty much a full expansion and they're giving it to us for free.
>>
>>331214905

There were no 'battle rifles' in WW1. The only thing that's even close to a 'battle rifle' is the Chauchat.
>>
>>331215076

And again, you're a fucking idiot.

Yes, a ballistics model feels like hitscan when you're shooting at guys who are 20 feet away.

Move back a ways and shoot at something with some distance, and you'll see that you have to lead your sights and account for bullet drop.

tl;dr: You're a fucking idiot, and completely wrong about what constitutes 'hitscan.'
>>
>>331212857

This is a lie, sorry.

t. Played beta

Also the team is pretty incompetent.
>>
>>331213892

He is correct, even Flanders is hilariously compact.
>>
>>331215497
Its hitscan with delay you mongoloid. YOu haven't played many shootans if you can't even recognize what is hitscan and what is not.
>>
>>331215096
>i-its pretty much a new expansion guys! Even though its fixin glaring issues that have been in the game for two years and the game is "released"

Just go dude lol
>>
>>331215639

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzhClEqWrMk

Watch this shit and watch it closely.

You'll see that he has to lead his shots when people aren't right on top of him.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that morons on /v/ think CoD is an accurate representation of bullet physics though.
>>
Go somewhere else and complain, maybe? Regardless the difficulty of this game, it's geared towards historical accuracy. You also seem to have forgotten that this is an Indie game. For the resources that these wonderful developers have access to, it is an exceptional game.
>>
>>331215802

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh1szcYTleg

>so tiny
>>
>>331215336
you know what i'm saying, the rifles with ironsights, hell, no one uses a rifle too, everyone uses carbines.
>>
>>331216238

That is pathetically small. It takes me one minute of running from that start point to the area in the back. In RO2 I can spend maybe 10 minutes of running from one end of Winterwald or any large maps to the other.

Sorry, but the game does not reflect a good WW1 game, as much as you want it to. Its tools are too limited to really capture a realistic scale and unity was an absolutely poor choice for anything other than maybe cost.
>>
>>331216327

They're all bolt action rifles, just some classes can put a scope on them.

They're all full sized rifles too. Nobody was issued carbines during the war except for some cavalry units, and they were proven to be largely superfluous early in the war.

I understand what you mean though. A lot of guys prefer to run standard iron sights (especially when defending) since the enemy can get on top of you pretty quickly.
>>
>>331216134

It is precisely because it is sn indie game trying to pass itself off as something big that it has a fead enough community to where you have to come here and beg people to play it.
>>
>>331216846

And if you're stupid ass played the game, you'd understand that the maps are dynamic, and move as the front changes hands. That chunk of land they're fighting over is only a third of the actual map.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.