[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britbong here, what's the ideal budget for an entry-level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
Britbong here, what's the ideal budget for an entry-level gaming PC?
>>
>>331202020
900 quid ought get you everything you need for a good 3 or 4 years of play.

I5 or i7 plus a 900 series gpu or a 290 I guess will be about 500 maybe 550, the rest you can spend on other shit. If you need a monitor add an extra 100 quid.
>>
800 if you respect yourself
>>
>entry-level
800bux is the bare minimum you should spend

anything less you might aswell get a console
>>
>>331202236
>>331202164
>>331202138
So I'm looking at around £800-£1000 then. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>331202521
Entry level? No, more like £400, depending if you want a 370 or 960.
>>
>>331202020
That is about right.

PC Masterrace for cheap is more of an American thing.

However, if you budget properly and look on ebay for parts with manufacturer warranties or special deals. You can save a fair bit.

But you won't be replacing certain things every rebuild.
>>
>>331202783
I've mainly been looking at Amazon for parts, Ebay sounds like a better deal.
>>
>>331203313
The parts still come with manufacturer warranties, but buying them from Amazon, Dabs, Scan, Aria etc allows you to send it to them and then they deal with the hassle.
>>
$700 seems like a good place to start if you want to run new AAA games 60fps on high-ultra. This includes $600 for parts and $100 if you ant to buy an OS. Also if you want a high end keyboard and mouse that will be extra but honestly unless you have money to burn or are playing games competitively for money or some shit they aren't worth it
>>
>>331202020

If you're going budget at least wait 2 months for budget dx12 cards so your budget will last you a good few years
>>
i don't know what ideal budget means, and for entry-level lets just say you want to run today's games but have absolutely no standards of quality beyond getting them to run - like £350. However the closer to £500 you get the less poverty and more realistic things become.

pretty much just get 960/370 and then see how much you're willing to spend on a chip and the rest builds itself.

>>331203313

probably not a great idea if you are building, having to chase down RMAs etc from ebay outlets can be a pain / impossible. you can hunt down great deals for bundles, and/or put together the rest on pcpartpicker

or these days just buy something premade from a good outlet, you are only paying like £40 over the component parts anyway and save all the hassle.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 387x580
Britbong also here, I need a laptop for Uni, but I also want it to be good for gaming. Was looking around and found this.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Fangbook_III_BX7-300

Is this good enough for 3-4 years? Is there any laptops around as/better for the same price or cheaper? Budget is about £800-£1000
>>
Also, the consoles are no longer even 400$. So you are going to have to go cheaper now.
>>
>2011+5
>still falling for the pc gayming meme

Name 5 good pc exclusives from the past 10 years worth building a pc for
>>
>>331204518
There's more to a PC then games, if you're in employment or education chances are you'd need one anyway.
>>
>>331202762
Entry level implies you have no monitor and/or peripherals
700/800 would be minimum
>>
>>331204518
Why does pc need exclusives when it plays console games better than them, and has a librabry spanning 3 decades of console and pc exclusives? Give it up, pv isnt in the console wars for a reason, its in another league.
>>
>>331204518
Id rather just buy a PC than two consoles.
>>
>>331204260
Go get a cheap ass notebook and build a proper desktop pc. Also do you even need that labtop for Uni? I bought one myself for that purpose and never really used it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.