[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why in the fuck has there been no Warhammer, Fantasy or 40k,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: warhammer.jpg (135 KB, 512x502) Image search: [Google]
warhammer.jpg
135 KB, 512x502
Why in the fuck has there been no Warhammer, Fantasy or 40k, RPG yet? It's like the setting is crying out for one.
>>
>>331201731
>Warhammer, Fantasy
No such thing.
>>
>>331201731
Because Games Workshop is Jewish and warhammer fantasy is dead
>>
>>331202865
sure there is, nothing is preventing anyone from playing any edition before age of stigma.
>>
>>331203394
>fantasy is dead
Which is super weird considering their highest profile game to date, total war, is going to be in fantasy, and not even end times, but an edition before that.
>>
>>331203894
Month out of release they'll announce Age of Sigmar DLC. Mark my words, it'll happen.
>>
>>331204050
for what purpose, whoever buy total warhammer will not buy AoS, and vice versa.
They are like diametrically opposed...
>>
>>331204275
AoS just needs some time to expand it's lore. Fantasy had like 30 years of backstory. Also people complaining about fantasy being killed is kind of stupid, considering it wasn't selling at all
>>
>>331201731
I'd go with a Dark Heresy RPG, but then again, it's FFS that does it.

So apart of having GW give the rights, you also need FFS to give you the green light for you to use the stuff they made.
>>
A rogue trader game that plays like the first mass effect would be neat. Or an inquisition one, either would work well for customization and party mechanics, plus guns, psychic garbage, and everything else in universe, massive playstyle variety.
>>
>>331208113
>rogue trader game
Apart of the Mass Effect-style gameplay, add a space sim/fleet management system and we have a deal.
>>
>>331206991
Dark Heresy is basically the old Inquisitor rules with an overhaul to make it work as a pen and paper game instead of table top skirmish game. GW could license the rights to Inquisitor, but I swear they're ashamed of it, probably because the entire thing was poorly handled.
>>
>>331201731
because Games Workshop doesn't know how to intelligently license their IP. It's like watching your 85 year old grandparents try and use a smartphone. They just don't get it. Do you think the Dawn of War games were going to be the rule rather than the exception? Look at all the shovelware trash bearing the 40k name on Steam alone, and now realize there are a handful more titles that are just as bad out there somewhere.
>>
>>331209989
Well, nothing is perfect.

On the other hand, it had some sweet models and stuff to use (Necron Gauss-Flayer for instance).
>>
>>331210319
Not that anon, but Armageddon is fun.

You can shit over games like Storm of Vengeance or Freeblade (because they are shit), but the few good 40K games are actually cool.

Also Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.
>>
>>331209595
I'd enjoy that
>>
>>331205384
The setting is complete anathema to lore, there isn't going to be any beyond 'and then the siegmarines fought chaos again, lo, for it was tuesday once more'.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.