[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you think N is going to release a classic console with 0 gimmicks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: SNES_Eu.jpg (2 MB, 4020x1920) Image search: [Google]
SNES_Eu.jpg
2 MB, 4020x1920
Even if the NX controller pic is fake they will do something innovative and weird you like it or not

Since the wii /ds that they have choosen this path and if you hoped for a ps4 clone with 0 innovation, simple classic console with simple classic controller you are nothing but a delusional retard

JUST ACCEPT IT ALREADY
>>
>>331200412

-and hope for the best lol
>>
>>331200412
As long as it isnt as intrusive like the Wii or Ds, im fine.
I think that the Wii U with motion sensor and classic controller is pretty good, i even think the screen is nice. Just let me play my games the way i have always been playing them, with an option for a normal controller.
>>
>>331200412
>GC
>zero gimmicks

Youngfags shouldn't be allowed to post on this board. It's pathetic. We know that it was your first console but the GC is far from gimmickless. Take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>331200705
It was as gimmicky as the n64 with its cartridge format.
>>
>>331200694
>intrusive like DS

Nigga, please. That bottom touch screen is amazing as a constant menu.
>>
>>331200705

why is not the GC gimmickless, because tiny disc?, memory card? wtf, these 2 thing were because natural evolution of consoles not because "extreme innovation"

ps1 and 2 had memory cards and discs too
>>
File: 1394239958269.jpg (23 KB, 397x415) Image search: [Google]
1394239958269.jpg
23 KB, 397x415
>ps4 clone
why would I want a cinematic experience simulator with no games?
>>
>>331200789
If you think the only gimmicky thing about the N64 were the cartridges, you're a youngfag too.
>>
>>331200694
>with an option for a normal controller.
You've had it since day one. It's called the Pro Controller and very fucking rarely does a game not support it.
>>
>>331200863
> Projecting this much
>>
>>331200936
pls let us enjoy this meme
>>
>>331200705
>We know that it was your first console but the GC is far from gimmickless.

What the fuck was the GameCube's gimmick? Small discs? Not being the Xbox?

>>331200863
>Youngfag
First, that isn't a thing. You can't just make up shit. Second, the N64 didn't have a fucking gimmick unless you count Pokemon Stadium's Transfer Pak or some shit like that.

Do you know what a "gimmick" is? What was the PlayStation's gimmick, a CD player?
>>
>>331200792
Yes, as a constant menu it is helpful, BUT!! im talking about games when you need to use the bottom screen to do things, like:
>use the touchscreen to control the camera (metroid)
>slash the screen to slash your sword (zelda)
A lot of early DS games did this kind of thing, which annoyed me. Thankfully, they dropped this model on the 3ds, which i think is a pretty awesome console.
>>
>giving a fuck about nintendo past the gc era
>>
>>331200936
>Pro Controller
This this is literally the fucking GOAT.

>comfy
>magic battery life
>feels good and works with basically all games
I really hope I can use it on NX.
>>
>>331200412
NINTENDOOOMED HOLY SHIT!

As a Nintendo fan I have to say, Nintendo has finally lost it, fucking Iwata, I swear to god, wasn't Yakuza-san supposed to fix this shit? He APPROVED this shit? No fucking way. That nigger is definitely using the company as his own bank account, fucking big name jap devs going down the drain faster than the atomic bomb dropped in Hiroshima.

Fuck these gooks and fuck Nintendo, I'm fucking done.

Nintendo is Nintendoomed
>>
>>331201051
>What was the PlayStation's gimmick, a CD player
was at the time tb honest
>>
>>331200835
>Memory to Mic
>gba to gc cord
>dat one bumper
>gba player
>MUH handle
>first party travel screen
>>
>>331201051
>the N64 didn't have a fucking gimmick

>rumble pack
>the controller itself
>cartridges instead of CD
>the 64DD
>expansion pak

>It's only gimmicks if I don't like it!!11!
>>
>>331200412
>using the subject field

What are we shilling today, newfriend?
>>
File: 1457984536674.jpg (123 KB, 481x750) Image search: [Google]
1457984536674.jpg
123 KB, 481x750
>NES dominated
>SNES dominated
>In one generation Sony took over the home console marketshare with PS1 and all third party companies practically stopped caring about Nintendo home consoles even to this day

What the fuck happened? Did Sony bribe them?
>>
>>331201067
It works well in mini game oriented games such as wario ware, but I agree with those examples.
>>
>5.5 Wii U hack will never ever happen
>>
>>331200412

Fucking DAMN the Super Famicom is sexy. I hate the blocky US purple and grey SNES. Everything about the SFC is amazing, the curves, the on-console buttons, the logo, the colors. Is that an LED on the bottom right corner? What on earth put Nintendo in the mindset that people wouldn't like this design???
>>
>>331201248
Nintendo awoke the beast and proceed to shit in its face.

Seriously, just Google the story of the snes disc drive
>>
>>331201248
Isn't that a literally autistic brony tranny?
>>
>>331200863
By your definition all "core" consoles had gimmicks too:
Ps2: DVD
Xbox:Hard drive and ethernet port
A gimmick is something that hinders the overall value of a console, not something that improves it.
If you think the rumble pack was a gimmick, tell me how almost all controllers now have rumble as a MINIMUM requirement to be considered good.
>>
File: 1457970429505.jpg (674 KB, 783x1151) Image search: [Google]
1457970429505.jpg
674 KB, 783x1151
>>331201362
>Become a wagecuck
>Can buy a Wii U easily now
>Not even enough games

Seriously, why does /v/ circlejerk this system?
>>
>>331201391
>Ps2: DVD
>Xbox:Hard drive and ethernet port

You're correct. Those were just as much gimmicks at the time, as the Wii U's controller.
>>
>>331201391
> Not understanding the difference between innovations and gimmicks
>>
>>331201471
Then tell me oh wise old man.
>>
>>331201248
Nintendo has been whipping 3rd parties and stores pretty hard.

They had it coming but their dev tools still seem to a bitch, I doubt they're even capable of learning from past mistakes.
>>
File: T5gj2vU.png (433 KB, 586x534) Image search: [Google]
T5gj2vU.png
433 KB, 586x534
UE 4 confirmed for NX?

second 5-6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMcscM_Hogc
>>
>>331201458
Except that the Xbox having a built in hdd and ethernet port was actually functional far from from a gimmick.
>>
>>331201207
And none of them where essential to play all the good games. Which is why the wii and wii u are considered a gimmicky console, because you NEED to use the gimmick to play almost all games.
>>
>>331200412
>Even if the NX controller pic is fake
Are there people who think it is real? It is an exact copy of the patent drawing which never happens. Patents are intentionally vague to make them easier to defend.
>>
>>331201216
Didn't Saturn have an expansion pak (RAM cart) first?
>>
>>331201931
True for the Wii but not at all true for the Wii U - as other anons mentioned you can use the pro controller for almost every game on the system (I think the only games where you must play with the gamepad are Splatoon and ZombiU, and Splatoon uses the gamepad fantastically)
>>
>>331202157
In Saturn's case it was simply the memory card slot that was used for that.
>>
>>331201959
It isn't an exact copy though. The real ver has all these little doodads below the screen while the patent didn't
>>
Riddle me this /v/: How could Xenoblade X be played on that controller? It has no room for all the shit needed
>>
>>331201671
Learn for yourself retard
I'm not gonna explain shit you look up and learn for yourself
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.