[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dark souls and video game scholars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1450319214815.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
1450319214815.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
How did Souls series give birth to rise in video game scholars?

epic name bro
mathewmetastasis
vaati
various streamers
oro the ninja
peeve

the list goes on

what did it inspire such an influx of high quality content creators, such sprouting of patreons?
>>
Autism, of course
>>
>>331199075
Mix of facts and fill in the blank stuff.
>>
they just copied shit from /v/
>>
Same thing as with science youtubers who go to wikipedia, take several paragraphs about a topic, rewrite them and voiceover horrible flash animations with zoinky sounds and epic memery
>>
>>331199075
supply and demand

for every stupid ass dark souls scholar, theres like 1,000,000 stupid ass dark souls fans
>>
The only ones I know of on that list, I fucking hate.
>>
>>331201496
you don't like hearing about impressionistic horizon before which solaire the prince of light akin to demigods from mayan / greek folklore eclecticism stands?
>>
>vaatividya
>a fucking scholar
>when he blatantly rips off content that's not his own and makes up bullshit OC theories

Congrats OP. you got me pretty mad. Someone post the "tale of two adventurers comic" then link the vid where he just repeats it word for word.
>>
>>331202159
He mentioned in the description of that video that it's based off the comic. He wasn't trying to claim he made it
>>
>>331199075
That cosplay is impressive.

Imagine how hard it is to balance that fucking hat.
>>
File: 1399555947903.jpg (26 KB, 325x358) Image search: [Google]
1399555947903.jpg
26 KB, 325x358
>>331199075
This pic gets me wet
>>
>>331199075
Is Vaati the Souls one who stole all the fan theories off /vg/ and reddit and then started making a killing on Patreon over it?
>>
i wonder if onlyafro will come back to life
>>
>>331199075
I only know Vaati, and I don't understand the hate towards him.
>>
>>331202875
Similar to what YongYea did with TPP, he basically made videos based around fan theories taken word-for-word from 4chan, reddit and various fan forums. Only Vaati actually managed to monetize it, which upsets posters here.
>>
>>331199075
Who is Various Streamers?
>>
>>331202669
i hope not
hes a fucking erping faglord with shit taste
>>
>>331199075

This anon has it right >>331199959

Give people a mystery in something that engenders strong emotions in a hardcore fanbase and this is what you get: whoever explains the mystery in a ridiculous 2 hour video essay format gets lofted on high as a god.

Why, just look at RLM's ridiculous 2 hour video essays explaining the mystery of why the hardcore star wars fanbase hates the prequels and how much people love that. Simple.
>>
Dark Souls is a wonderful game to talk about or watch content.

Yet you people complain while most of you later will be watching moba streams or even worse cod.
>>
>>331199075
I wouldn't call them "scholars"
Epicnamebro is porbabl the most scholarly of the bunch. Incredibly enthusiastic about games and systems. And he's great at conveying ideas. He's a great thinker and communicator.
But he has a habit of not following through. So he ends up being a jack of all trades. Master of none.

I didn't know Mathewmatosis was a Dark Souls guy. I know him for reviewing other games. His autism is maximum. Which makes him very good at picking out particulars, and analyzing things. However, he tends to repeat himself in his ramblings, and he has the tendency to confuse his opinions with facts.

Vaati is just like you or me. He's a guy who likes to lurk in dark souls discussions. And reads some cool shit. then makes a video out of it. Nothing special here. Except a pretty good voice.(sounds especially well to us Americans) And a handsome face.

Oroboro is just a nutcase, who happens to be stupidly good at the game. He doesn't give a fuck about anything. He only wants to fight.

Peeve is.. Well he's Peeve.
>>
>>331203148
>>331203148
MANvsGAME
re you part of mankind anon
>>
>>331204173
>picking out particulars

you mean painstakingly going through the game pointing out the obvious?
>>
>>331204290
Painstakingly? No. The thing about autism is, you just kind of notice shit without trying.
>>
>>331204495
but when you notice shit everyone notices it's not really trying. it's like reviewing war and peace for 30 hours only telling where each character goes and what he does.
>>
>>331204675
Maybe you have a point. I haven't watched one of his videos in a long time. I remember him pointing out every little detail, big and small. Obvious or not so obvious.
>>
>>331199075
kill yourself nigger
>>
File: 1396658474574.gif (47 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1396658474574.gif
47 KB, 429x410
Dark Souls is basically the only modern series that does story telling in video games right
>>
>>331205948
it's a fucking action rpg where you can see shit you're yet to visit and the stuff you already passed on the horizon.
>>
>>331199986
/v/ is too retarded for Souls lore.
>>
>>331206249

That's because Souls lore devolved into shit speculation and debates on whether or not Nito was born dead or died later.
>>
>>331206949
It depends on how deep you try to go with it. Shit like if Nito is an all natural skeleton or not is "why does this matter" territory.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.